Free popcorn refills for DVC members

Do you know if you can bring any Disney popcorn bucket to get the free refills? What does the current Aulani popcorn bucket look like?

Do you know if you can bring any Disney popcorn bucket to get the free refills? What does the current Aulani popcorn bucket look like?

I’m not sure if you can bring any popcorn bucket for refills - I will probably be stopping off at the Cafe today and I can ask and report back. This is what the current popcorn bucket looks like (sorry it’s sideways - I’m not sure how to fix the picture).

Attachments

• 78A9C368-BE0D-4E63-8FF9-7FF9D904573C.jpeg
    78A9C368-BE0D-4E63-8FF9-7FF9D904573C.jpeg
    80.6 KB · Views: 59
I’m not sure if you can bring any popcorn bucket for refills - I will probably be stopping off at the Cafe today and I can ask and report back. This is what the current popcorn bucket looks like (sorry it’s sideways - I’m not sure how to fix the picture).
I'd actually be curious about this, as we go to Disneyland first on our way to Aulani....

when we were there two winters ago another DVC member gave us their buckets as they were ending their trip and we were just starting. We barely used them but still did I think twice get the free refills.

I
I don't see it as punishing, but more of rewarding those who go direct.

It feels more like punishing when they used to give blue cards to resale buyers also and then decided to take it away. We are grandfathered blue carders so we will get our free popcorn but I think all members should get a blue card and not be discriminated against based on their method of purchase. Disney, where they are as PC as possible and everyone is equal! Except if you bought DVC resale.

I
I don't see it as punishing, but more of rewarding those who go direct.
of course they are rewarding you...you rewarded the mouse with a lot of money! They treat resale buyers like third class citizens and it’s okay I knew what I was getting into. I’ll go to Costco and buy a box of popcorn and be just as satisfied.

I went in there so much over Thanksgiving weekend!! I bought the popcorn bucket at first glance because popcorn is my weakness and it was much cheaper than ones I’ve seen in the parks. I was renting points and had no idea about the freebie when they walked up to me and just handed me a bag. I paid $1.50 or so for each of the refills. My daughter claims I spent $20. Oh and just figured out that popcorn bucket doubles as a sandpail! Not that I would use it for that but if you wanted to....

Last edited:
I didn’t create this thread to cause a debate with regard to direct vs resale. I was genuinely excited about the free popcorn refills. Please don’t hate on that.
I love all the little blue card perks. There are more meaningful benefits, but the little things are fun too. My wife and I actually love the sparkly wristbands. :)

I am a popcorn fan, everyone knows this about me, popcorn buckets are a BIG deal in Japan. I refrained getting one as I wanted to try all the types of popcorn at Disney Tokyo and not get full at just one type. After Aulani, I got my second bucket at AK this spring. The one that looks like a djembe drum. I plan to use at Aulani (throw my refill in there if they don’t let me use it) cause it fits the vibe. I am not a collector but if I did collect something, that is what I would collect.
Does anyone know if I can use that AK bucket anywhere at DW? Does DL have them?

Speaking of resale, I noticed Aulani was up to $130/ pt , and Grand Cal up to $280. One of my better decisions. To stay in either hotel after taxes and parking is going to push $800 a day, and they are only going up.

When I told my husband about the free refills, he just about lost his mind! We LOVE popcorn so this will be a great little perk for our trip in July 🍿:P
Just to be clear for any non-DVC people reading this thread.

Refills for *everyone* are $1.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter