Free Realms

Everyone who sent me a PM should have received a PM from me today with some info. If you want in the beta but haven't sent me a PM, feel free to send me one. I need the Station Name you use to sign up for beta, for you and any children you'll be playing with. Thanks!

Hi Laralyn! :wave:

So we can only sign up for beta/send you a pm if we have a child to play with? :confused3

We're focusing on parents and kids for the first few beta invitations... but you can PM me your station name and I'll see what I can do. :-)

Hi Laralyn! :wave:

So we can only sign up for beta/send you a pm if we have a child to play with? :confused3

This is a great game and I would definitely say it's a game for the entire family and people of all ages! I cannot wait to see everyone else in the game soon.

BTW, My name in the game in Mason.
I know.. not very exciting and I don't have a last name, but I wanted to play the game as myself. :rotfl:

This is a great game and I would definitely say it's a game for the entire family and people of all ages! I cannot wait to see everyone else in the game soon.

BTW, My name in the game in Mason.
I know.. not very exciting and I don't have a last name, but I wanted to play the game as myself. :rotfl:

Hmm, could you tell me how you got on? I signed up for it almost a year ago with no invitation for testing yet :confused3

Hmm, could you tell me how you got on? I signed up for it almost a year ago with no invitation for testing yet :confused3

I signed up for beta in November if I remember correctly. I proceeded by messaging Laralyn like she suggested and have just waited since. I received my beta notification today, so I'm guess I was just lucky enough be in the first batch of invitations for beta.

I would not worry as everyone that signed up will most likely be granted access to the beta test, but definitely not at once. I would just enjoy the holiday and I am sure you will receive something within the next few days! :thumbsup2

I got mine today too. I created my character but I can't seem to get the rest of the game to load. The circle just keeps spinning, but no progressis shown and I'm not in yet. I've tried a few times.

When I finally get in, I'm Lyric StarOcean.:)

It's funny to see a post about Free Realms on the DIS! :)

I'm creative director for the game, and we're having a lot of fun making it. I'm a huge Disney park geek and there was a definite influence on the design of the game.

If you signed up with a child between the ages of 10-16, PM me with the station name for you and your child, and I'll see if I can get you into the beta a bit earlier. We're especially looking for kids who'll be beta testers for us, particularly if they have a parent who will play with them.

Thanks!

I signed up for beta as soon as the tab popped up on Station Launcher, but I dont have internet at home at the moment :sad:

That being said, did you guys send Maddoc and Merloc back to EQ yet? We missed them! :rotfl2:

This game is really awesome, but I need to invest in a new graphic card. Seems FreeRealms is to high tech for my PC from '05. :lmao:

This game is really awesome, but I need to invest in a new graphic card. Seems FreeRealms is to high tech for my PC from '05. :lmao:

I am running on a PC from '05 as well. The game seems to be working fine for me as of now, but I also just recently reboot my entire system and reset it to factory settings.

I havent gotten to try FreeRealms yet, but on many Sony games, turning off shadow effects in the graphic options helps a LOT.

princessmadiro got in yesterday. She will have her VMK name once it is approved but for now her name is Maddy Preciouswings!

She likes the game and what is really nice is that she can use her mouse for almost everything so far except for the cart racing mini game. I had trouble even helping her with the racing game. She loves cooking! lol!

I haven't logged myself in yet because this is totally PC based and not for a Mac. At least princess can walk around and get to most things so far by herself not like Wizards.

Look out for Maddy Preciouswings/princessmadiro!

I havent gotten to try FreeRealms yet, but on many Sony games, turning off shadow effects in the graphic options helps a LOT.

The game works great on my desktop but is really laggy on my laptop. I tried adjusting the shadow effects and that helped a little bit. The laptop is fairly new and we haven't had any issues with other games. I wrote to them about it to see if they have any other suggestions.

I got my invitation on yesterday. My daughter and I both got the email so that we could play together.

I love having a game to play with my children. So far we rae really enjoying the game. We are only playing the sgame on our laptops and we've had no problems so far.

Thank you so much for getting us into the game!

I am running on a PC from '05 as well. The game seems to be working fine for me as of now, but I also just recently reboot my entire system and reset it to factory settings.
That is probably why it is working for you.
Thats not the issue here, my computer doesn't even meet the requirements to launch the game. I've spoken to FreeRealms tech support, and I need a new graphic card. I have a few other things wrong with my computer and I'm extremely low on available space on my hard drive, so I think its time to invest in a new computer.

I got mine today too. I created my character but I can't seem to get the rest of the game to load. The circle just keeps spinning, but no progressis shown and I'm not in yet. I've tried a few times.

When I finally get in, I'm Lyric StarOcean.:)

I don't know if this will help you Diva but with me I have ZoneAlarm running while I am online. This happen to me with Wizards and now with Free Realms also. I have to shut ZoneAlarm down to play both games. Maybe something running in the back ground is preventing it from loading like my ZoneAlarm.

Thanks! I did finally get it to load but the picture just jumps around all over the place and gives me motion sickness. LOL! I can run Wizards and PotC on this lap top just fine. My desk top is a lot older, so I doubt it can handle it.

Not quite sure what to do at this point, I may try the desk top tomorrow.:confused3

i just registered yesterday and got the email today, i am edward crimsonmask

the game definitely needs working on, i cant navigate as well and on the tutorial i kept having to sign out and in again because i couldnt move using the keys.
good game, i think i am on one of the leader boards

People registering now getting in next day. When some of us have a child in the house crying to get a chance and have been signed up since the first day in November they allowed us to sign up.

:(

Thanks! I did finally get it to load but the picture just jumps around all over the place and gives me motion sickness. LOL! I can run Wizards and PotC on this lap top just fine. My desk top is a lot older, so I doubt it can handle it.

Not quite sure what to do at this point, I may try the desk top tomorrow.:confused3

From what you described I would say that the game is lagging. This is very common during testing stages and will most likely increase overtime as more players get added to the beta. Although I have to say that Free Realms is nowhere near as bad of other games I have tested. POTC was terrible during early testing! haha

i just registered yesterday and got the email today, i am edward crimsonmask

the game definitely needs working on, i cant navigate as well and on the tutorial i kept having to sign out and in again because i couldnt move using the keys.
good game, i think i am on one of the leader boards

I was in the first batch of beta testing and I have not had any problems with navigating throughout the game and didn't experience any troubles within the tutorial on the first day. Did you try using your mouse to move?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter