• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Free tickets in the mail?? Anyone else? Is this old news?

Oh No! That's very bad news! We're planningo n going this weekend and I'm taking my 2 kids for the first time (they don't understand the 'waiting in lines' concept yet). CRAP!!!

Oh... and anyone wanna donate one of their free passes? :) :rolleyes1

Boo-Skellington said:
Oh No! That's very bad news! We're planningo n going this weekend and I'm taking my 2 kids for the first time (they don't understand the 'waiting in lines' concept yet). CRAP!!!

Oh... and anyone wanna donate one of their free passes? :) :rolleyes1

Try to get there at (or even before) opening. That will help the most. Do all the "E ticket rides" early on.

Utilize Fastpass the best you can.

Plan on eating at off times. We saw lines from 11:30am-2:00pm for lunch that were LONG.

Have your kids make a list of the top 5 attractions they want to do. That way if it gets too crazy you can always just tackle those few rides and then do something fun, yet low-key, like Tom Sawyer Island, the Railroad, or the Mark Twain/Columbia until things calm down.

Try to catch the parade as well. It will be a nice diversion and rest. We saw it yesterday way down at the end of Main Street (the first showing). Only waited about 10 minutes and were able to sit right on the curb near the Opera House and the Bank.

Most of all be patient and have fun! :teeth:

Boo-Skellington said:
Sorry... it's been awhile since I've been to DL. What's an "E ticket ride?"
Oh WOW. You must be a yougin. esmetutu is right on the money. ;)
When Sally Ride took off in the space shuttle,she proclaimed,"That was an E- ticket ride" No offence,but darn EVERYONE knew what she meant.

got2travel said:
I haven't gotten any yet, but I do know it's not just former AP holders. There are some people who have never had an AP but still got the ticket. I'm not exactly sure what the criteria is for getting one, but it is part of the Year of a Million Dreams promotion.

Is this the Year of a Million Dreams promotion that is being discussed? I got one a few weeks ago. It is a certificate that is good for "one FREE Adult 1-Day Disneyland Resort Park Hopper Ticket."

I don't have any ties to Disney marketing other than the fact that I keep "round filing" their credit card offers. I've never had an AP and while I did visit there earlier this year, I didn't leave my name or address in any form whatsoever.

Mine is valid from October 1 through November 15, 2006. Not too much of a window to use this thing. The "fine" print in case anyone's interested:
This voucher entitles a qualified Guest to receive one complimentary ticket valid for admittance to both Disneyland Resort Theme Parks on the same day, including re-entry privileges on such day. Voucher must be redeemed at the Disneyland Resort ticket booths. Guest must present a valid ID that corresponds to either the address or name shown on the voucher. Voucher must be surrendered upon redemption, and ticket must be used on that same day. Valid October 1, 2006 through November 15, 2006. Limit one complimentary ticket per household. Voucher has no monetary value, may not be copied, and will not be replaced if lost, stolen or damaged. Not for individual sale and nontransferable. Restrictions apply. Subject to change without notice. May not be combined with any other ticket offer, discount, or promotion.

Gotta love the title XD Project Mailman... LMAO! :rotfl2:

Project Mailman Fall 2006
Date: 10/17/2006

Project Mailman Fall 2006

Entitlements
One complimentary 1 day Park Hopper ticket.

Point of Sale: Box Office

Redemption: Guest will exchange voucher at Main Entrance Ticket Booths. ID required at time of exchange and should match name on voucher. Voucher must be surrendered upon redemption, and tickets must be used on that same day.

Block-out Days:
None

Valid
Tickets are valid for a 1 Day admission to Disneyland® and Disney's California Adventure® theme parks 10-1-06 through 11-15-06 only.

Restrictions:
Voucher valid through 11/15/06. Voucher has no monetary value, may not be copied, and will not be replaced if lost, stolen or damaged. Not for individual sale and nontransferable. Restrictions apply. May not be combined with any other ticket offer, discount or promotion. All attractions and entertainment, prices, types and features of tickets, special offers and events, and age ranges may be seasonal and are subject to restrictions and change without notice.

Legal Disclaimer:
This voucher entitles a qualified Guest to receive one complimentary ticket valid for admittance to both Disneyland® Resort theme parks on the same day, including re-entry privileges on such day. Voucher must be redeemed at the Disneyland® Resort ticket booths. Guest must present a valid ID that corresponds to either the address or name shown on the voucher. Voucher must be surrendered upon redemption, and ticket must be used on that same day. Valid October 1, 2006 through November 15, 2006. Limit one complimentary ticket per household. Voucher has no monetary value, may not be copied, and will not be replaced if lost, stolen or damaged. Not for individual sale and nontransferable. Restrictions apply. Subject to change without notice. May not be combined with any other ticket offer, discount, or promotion. ©Disney
Ticket Verbiage: Comp ticket may not be upgraded. Nontransferable. Not for resale. Include Guest 's name and signature line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter