free water at the parks?

DisDisDisney

Earning My Ears
I don't think its a good idea to lug around water bottles with me in a backpack, so my question is if i go into a restaurant or any type of place that sells drinks and food and ask for a cup of water at all 4 parks will they give it to me for free?

Does this include the water parks?

Counter Service, and / or quick service that have soda fountains only, but yes, they will give you free cups of ice water.

I've never figured that it was worth the loss of time to wait in the line at a CS just to ask for a cup of water. We bring bobbles with us, and fill them at the water fountains.

Quick service locations will give you ice water for free. Table service locations often have serve your own water in little plastic cups in the waiting area. We've popped into a couple of TS locations to get a quick drink when quick service lines were long and we were desperately needing some water.

We had no problems or long waits getting free water at QS locations. My DH also brought small pre-measured packs of Gatorade to add to the water. It was not only was much lighter to carry around, it cut the taste of the Florida water, and kept him well hydrated in the summer heat.

I've never figured that it was worth the loss of time to wait in the line at a CS just to ask for a cup of water. We bring bobbles with us, and fill them at the water fountains.
Go at quieter times so 10:30/2/8 are the times I go

You don't need to wait in line, just go to the counter where they give people their food. They generally already have the water in cups. It takes about 30 seconds.

Yes, if it's very hot out they will have the small cups pre-filled with ice water and you can just ask for one and they will hand it to you. If it's cooler, they sometimes don't have any ready to go but they will still get you one. I tend to just try to go to less-busy places (NOT Casey's Corner! Ha ha!)

Every place we went to was giving out regular cups of water - the size the soft drinks come in - not the small cups. And every person in your party doesn't have to go up to the counter. You can get as many as you can carry for your family. Usually 2 of us went up and got 5 cups of water.

I don't think its a good idea to lug around water bottles with me in a backpack, so my question is if i go into a restaurant or any type of place that sells drinks and food and ask for a cup of water at all 4 parks will they give it to me for free?

In 'real life' I hate buying bottled water and I normally carry a Nalgene with me and refill it. Eco friendly and all that. But in the parks, I set that aside all that for the few days I'm there and buy a few bottles of water at the grocery store outside the gate (if this isn't an option, buy some at home, drink them, and put the empty bottles in a suitcase). This way I have water bottles that I can carry and, unlike my Nalgene, that I don't really care if they get lost or accidentally thrown away. They also aren't nearly as big or heavy as a Nalgene and I can stick them in the pocket of the cargo shorts I wear around the park. Easy to refill, inexpensive, disposable, and a lot more convenient than trying to get water at CS. Consider doing something like that.

I can't speak to water parks, but for the other 4 parks, any place that has a soda machine (not just bottles like a snack stand) can give you free tap water. Also the lobbies of many restaurants have free water in a dispenser & you can help yourself even if you're not eating there. I used a Brita water bottle to filter my free water & didn't spend a dime on water on my trip last week!

You don't need to wait in line, just go to the counter where they give people their food. They generally already have the water in cups. It takes about 30 seconds.

Exactly - you don't need to wait through the line if all you want is water. Just go up to the same counter where you'd pick up your food, and ask for one (if they're not already out on the counter). No need to wait in line!

I can't speak to water parks, but for the other 4 parks, any place that has a soda machine (not just bottles like a snack stand) can give you free tap water. Also the lobbies of many restaurants have free water in a dispenser & you can help yourself even if you're not eating there. I used a Brita water bottle to filter my free water & didn't spend a dime on water on my trip last week!
We used a Brita bottle, too. My husband would fill it with ice every morning in the food court and we'd top up at QS or water fountains throughout the day. My bag has a pocket designed to hold the bottle, so it wasn't a hardship to carry around.

Exactly - you don't need to wait through the line if all you want is water. Just go up to the same counter where you'd pick up your food, and ask for one (if they're not already out on the counter). No need to wait in line!

But if you go up ahead of those ordering, not waiting, aren't you making the people who have ordered wait longer while you get someone's attention for water? Even if it's '30 seconds' that could add up, and makes getting food even longer. Why would someone think it would be OK to do that? Make others wait longer because they want a free cup of water and won't wait like everyone else?

But if you go up ahead of those ordering, not waiting, aren't you making the people who have ordered wait longer while you get someone's attention for water? Even if it's '30 seconds' that could add up, and makes getting food even longer. Why would someone think it would be OK to do that? Make others wait longer because they want a free cup of water and won't wait like everyone else?
Because that's what I've been told to do by the cashiers. People either wait while I explain to the cashier that I want water AND explain to the food server that I want water (and I wait behind the people who don't understand the dining plan), or I go to the counter and ask for a cup of water. And it doesn't take 30 seconds. It takes--maybe--5. :)

Actually, if you wait in line, the cashier takes your order for free ice water and then rings it in and gives you a receipt and then the counter worker still has to acknowledge you and get your water.

Just walking up saves time for everyone who is in line.

There is a cast member at the window who has the sole responsibility of checking tickets and handing over trays. It may take an extra 30 seconds, in my experience.

Actually, if you wait in line, the cashier takes your order for free ice water and then rings it in and gives you a receipt and then the counter worker still has to acknowledge you and get your water.

Just walking up saves time for everyone who is in line.
In my experience, the only time I've been given a ticket was at the smoothie/ice cream place in Tomorrowland. I usually do wait in line there, just because everything is actually poured/made by the counter workers there. If I don't see cups set out, I know they are going to have to make me a cup of water. But I've always still had to catch someone's attention and ask for it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter