Free Water Park for 2025 Stays

Not sure this will get used much… are there many people who like to get off a plane and go straight to a water park? 😂
Oh, I get that. I won't ever use it, I just found it interesting that it does include DVC stays.

Interesting. Wonder if I’d be eligible for the waterpark if it’s a split stay. I can see spending my time at a waterpark if I’m waiting for my second room to be ready.
Well, it is your check in day! I would think so!

Here is my take on the reason they are doing this.

People may not purchase actual tickets for check-in day. If you have an early flight and you show up at the resort at like 8:00a or 9:00a and your room isn't going to be ready until 4:00p they can now tell you to use your free water park ticket instead of having you hang around the resort all day continually checking on the room.

It's not a bad idea, though I'm not sure how many people will actually take advantage of it. I think it's more of an "optics" thing - so Disney can say they are trying to offer guests alternatives and more no-cost things to do. Still, it's appreciated!

Last edited:
It's not a bad idea, though I'm not sure how many people will actually take advantage of it. I think it's more of an "optics" thing - so Disney can say they are trying to offer guests alternatives and more no-cost things to do.
Well, they actually ARE offering guests more no-cost things to do. Whether or not people choose to take advantage of that is in their own hands.

Interesting perk. Guess water park attendance is not great?

That split stay idea is a good one, just go hit up the water park for the day and go back to your new hotel when done.

We drive so would be pretty easy for us. We are actually going a day earlier then normal this year and staying at the new Drury Inn and will go mid morning to Poly and then swim there and hang out at the resort until room is ready. If we do the same thing next year, could see just going to water park instead and then back to room that evening.

is there any love for APH guests or is only for individual tix holders

edit: the feed indicates no tix purchase needed to do the WP, will be nice if true

Interesting perk. Guess water park attendance is not great?
I would say it's more about the waterparks having unutilized capacity. If Disney can use that capacity to get people on property sooner, and keep some from pestering housekeeping for room early access, why not?

Wonder if you'll be able to book the cabanas and such with your free admission?

We do split stays a lot, so I'm kind of excited about this! I would love to have a free day at the waterpark on my move day. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter