Free water still available?

ChimCher-ee

There's been a change of plans.
I haven't been to WDW in two years but am fixing that in two weeks. One of the pre-Covid hacks that made it possible for me to go bagless was the free cups of water you could ask for at quick service counters, without ordering food.

I'm wondering about the water because of the emphasis on mobile ordering, is it still possible to go directly to the end of the counter and ask for a cup of water? Or will I simply have to buy bottled water to keep hydrated? Or carry a bag with my own? I know, small adjustment--but I'm trying to get prepared now for any changes. Thanks for your advice!

You can still get free water but my experience in early May is that if the place is not letting people in (for example, if the mobile order is full), you also cannot go in just for water. CMs were stationed at the entry points confirming mobile order pickup readiness. In every instance I had better luck getting free water from a stand/kiosk than an actual QS location, so it took a little longer to find, especially since not all stands have ice and potable water available. Hopefully that has changed over the last month, because it's only getting hotter.

You can still get free water but my experience in early May is that if the place is not letting people in (for example, if the mobile order is full), you also cannot go in just for water. CMs were stationed at the entry points confirming mobile order pickup readiness. In every instance I had better luck getting free water from a stand/kiosk than an actual QS location, so it took a little longer to find, especially since not all stands have ice and potable water available. Hopefully that has changed over the last month, because it's only getting hotter.

I didn't realize you could even get water from stands/kiosks. Is there a way to judge which ones to approach? I mean, probably not a popcorn stand, but are there any telltale signs? And I'm assuming I shouldn't "jump the line" like you can for water at QS.

I looked for ones that obviously sold fountain drinks or the Joffrey's stands which have iced tea. I waited in line to get it. Unfortunately there aren't as many as there probably should be. It's a weird time for sure, but hopefully it is easing up some.

We had no trouble getting free water. If we were wanting some and near a mobile order QS location with a CM at the entrance we just said that we were hoping to get some water and they let us right in. Most places had them already poured so we just took a couple and headed out.

Most places will let you in for water, but Cosmic Ray's is an exception. They will send you to Auntie Gravity's nearby.

Bringing a bag isn’t that much of a pain in the but anymore at WDW. All the parks have the new security screening where you can just walk through with your bag. No prodding through your bag anymore. Just have to pull out any umbrellas and hold them in front of you as you walk through scanners.

Bringing a bag isn’t that much of a pain in the but anymore at WDW. All the parks have the new security screening where you can just walk through with your bag. No prodding through your bag anymore. Just have to pull out any umbrellas and hold them in front of you as you walk through scanners.
I've been thinking about this--the main reason for going bagless was the security lines. I haven't been since they changed them up, but it may make it more appealing to bring a small bag now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter