Free Wifi at Riverside :-)

That is nice.

I was at POFQ in late October 2011 in building 5, 3rd floor.
I brought my ipad and my router, but couldn't get anything. I was going to pay for the entire week.
Tech support were in my room on day 2 and said there was a problem with the cable in the wall. ?? A work order was put in to fix it, but not until 6 days later. We left the day before they fixed it.

It was weird to not have any type of internet access our entire vacation. You should have seen the number of emails I had when I got home.

Free wifi would be awesome. We loved it at CR and BLT.

When the resort has free WiFi, the service seems to become extremely slow....think old dial up. We're DVC members and always have gotten free Internet at DVC resorts, and the resort provided the cable to hook up. When we were at AKL last month, I enjoyed having WIFi, but I didn't enjoy it in the evenings when the service slowed down so much that it was almost impossible to use. I had my personal laptop, and DH had his work computer so that he could log in every morning to check work e-mails. He didn't have any problems early in the mornings, but late afternoons and evenings were much slower. If you plan to use it for work/school reasons, don't be surprised if you have problems during peak time for guests to be in their rooms.

I don't have any problems with the speed in my room. I have skyped with a great connection. I can't get on the wifi at the lobby. It seems to be another server there, but it works fine in the room.

Thanks for the info.. Are the safes big enough to store a laptop?

I keep my laptop in my locked suitcase.

When the resort has free WiFi, the service seems to become extremely slow....think old dial up.

We just got back from a Thurs-Sun POFQ visit and the wifi was fine - all over the resort. It was never slow - my teenager was always streaming something (netflix, pandora) when in the room.

When we got back to our room at POR today we found a note about free wifi at the hotel and it's working perfectly :-)

Beside this we are having a great vacation. The weather is nice and warm during the day but a bit cold at night. We were at MVMCP last night, great parade, firework and castle show, but most of the party merchandise is sold out :-(

The crowds are low concidering free dining. We went to Universal Studios the other day where everything was walk on's ;-)

Thrilled to hear the WiFi is already @ POR. Guess the netbook is going to get packed after all...Thanks for the update!

Yay. So happy to hear this. I'll be at POFQ in 2 weeks. I just have to check my email. Now I won't have to hunt around for wifi.

Started searching this today, as we head out on the 28th. Found this: can't post links yet

exploringwdw.com/free-wifi

As of October 14th, 2011, Walt Disney World has made wireless internet access complimentary at select resorts! These resorts are:
Animal Kingdom Lodge
Beach Club
BoardWalk
Contemporary
Coronado Springs
Grand Floridian Resort and Spa
Old Key West
Polynesian
Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa
Wilderness Lodge
Yacht Club
As of mid-December 2011, Disney is continuing to roll out free wifi in more areas with a recent announcement for the public areas at the Port Orleans and Caribbean Beach Resorts. If or when this will be made available in the guest rooms is unknown at this time.

yea! So glad to hear it- I have paid way too much over the years for wifi at WDW!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter