Freestyle mugs and rides

rwatson626

Mouseketeer
Long time Disney family first time universal visit. Thanks Disboards for all the info.

From what I have read here you should really not bring a backbag (like we do for Disney) and you should carry a fannypack so you can get on most rides with it. My question is we planned on getting the refillable freestyle mugs to use while in the parks. What do we do with the mug while we are on the ride.

Thanks

Long time Disney family first time universal visit. Thanks Disboards for all the info.

From what I have read here you should really not bring a backbag (like we do for Disney) and you should carry a fannypack so you can get on most rides with it. My question is we planned on getting the refillable freestyle mugs to use while in the parks. What do we do with the mug while we are on the ride.

Thanks

From what I've read, you will have to empty your mugs & store them in a ride locker. The lockers are small & only fit the mugs lying down. We usually have non-riders in our group (or we do rider swap) so they hold the backpacks/freestyle cups while we're there, so I've not used the ride lockers for the rides that require it. Hopefully others will have more info or if you google "universal ride lockers" some images may come up to help you?

Wondering the same here. We are visiting end of May and would like to know the tricks of staying hydrated while going bagless

From what I've read, you will have to empty your mugs & store them in a ride locker.

I have not tried this as I havent purchased the freestyle mugs, but someone said to take the lid from a talenti gelato and screw it on to the mug so you dont have to dump anything out. You have to have a bag to put the original lid and straw in, but it's just a thought.

I’m the designated non rider, so I get to hold all the cups while everyone else rides. There are lockers, but you’ll need to put your bag in sideways so be prepared to dump your drink if everyone wants to ride.

Are there lockers next to or near all the rides? Or do I have to walk to a central location for a locker?

Empty your mug and put it in a locker on all rides that do not allow loose articles. You will HAVE to use the lockers at Universal if you plan on riding almost all rides, just do some research (watch some utube vids) to get comfortable with the idea.

For all 1st timers to Universal, I promise the lockers are not going to be a big deal at all.

For all 1st timers to Universal, I promise the lockers are not going to be a big deal at all.

I 100% agree with this. People make way too big a deal of lockers. It is not every single ride, just some of them. Unless someone is bringing a large backpack or a huge diaper bag, it will probably fit in the locker. I took a regular crossbody with me to the park (the same kind I use in my day-to-day life) and I had no problem fitting the bag into the lockers at Forbidden Journey or MIB.

Thanks everyone. Coming from Disney where you don't need a locker and only having dealt with lockers at six flags where you have to walk across the park to get to it I was worried about using them. I didn't realize some rides did allow backpacks thought it was all rides you needed a locker.

Leaving tomorrow and getting excited for my first trip!

Thanks everyone. Coming from Disney where you don't need a locker and only having dealt with lockers at six flags where you have to walk across the park to get to it I was worried about using them. I didn't realize some rides did allow backpacks thought it was all rides you needed a locker.

Leaving tomorrow and getting excited for my first trip!

Have a great trip!

For anyone that has anxiety about the lockers look them up on utube (Craig and Ryno even have a video for them).

Not all rides require them. If they do they will be free. Now a ride like Jurassic Park Raft Ride, your bag/phone might get wet but you can still take it on the ride, but since the lockers are not required they are NOT free.

I go to Silver Dollar city frequently and they don't have any lockers, just cubbies on the other side of the ride where you just stash your stuff and pick it up after. I'm always paranoid about that lol. But also then thinking about lockers for lots of rides seems weird after years of doing it this way.

We carry a large bookbag for our family. It barely fits in the small free lockers so we usually get two lockers, one for the bookbag and one for our cups.

If you carabiner your empty freestyle cup to your fanny pack will they allow it on the rides? (For the ones that allow the fanny pack of course)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter