Freezers in Mini Fridges?

wendlle

Aussie Wendy
Can anyone tell me if the Mini Fridges in the Studio Villas have a little freezer compartment inside them?
We have some icebricks we will need to freeze so our baby and toddler can have cheese and yoghurt during our park days.
We're staying at Boardwalk Villas, Boulder Ridge Villas and ALK Jambo House Villas all Studio rooms.

Can anyone tell me if the Mini Fridges in the Studio Villas have a little freezer compartment inside them?
We have some icebricks we will need to freeze so our baby and toddler can have cheese and yoghurt during our park days.
We're staying at Boardwalk Villas, Boulder Ridge Villas and ALK Jambo House Villas all Studio rooms.
Wow! You’re really bouncing from place to place!

Studio fridges typically do not have a freezer compartment. Some of the older ones might but as they are few and far between. I would not count on getting one.

Oh dear
So with the new rules on ice how is one supposed to use an ice pack?

The new rules apply to loose ice. You can still fill a resealable plastic bag with ice cubes from the ice machine and take that into the parks.
OMG I never thought of that. Silly me. Perfect. We always bring plenty of ziplocks with the kids so no worries there.

Oh dear
So with the new rules on ice how is one supposed to use an ice pack?

Bell services has a large freezer. You can leave your ice packs with them overnight and pick them up in the morning, just tell then you want it stored in the freezer. I have done this before and it worked perfectly, the only downside is that I feel the need to tip them each time.

Bell services has a large freezer. You can leave your ice packs with them overnight and pick them up in the morning, just tell then you want it stored in the freezer. I have done this before and it worked perfectly, the only downside is that I feel the need to tip them each time.
I liked this suggestion until you made the side comment about feeling obligated to show your appreciation for their service.

I liked this suggestion until you made the side comment about feeling obligated to show your appreciation for their service.

For us, it wasn't a big deal because we usually only needed to do it once for our trip home. But I just wanted to point it out because if you are doing it every day it could add up.

We are staying for 19 nights so yes, the tipping for us would be an expense I don't want. If it was once or twice it would be OK.
I guess we will just do the ice in the bag option.

We are staying for 19 nights so yes, the tipping for us would be an expense I don't want. If it was once or twice it would be OK.
I guess we will just do the ice in the bag option.
Do you think $2 each time would be too much? That would only be $38 for all your nights. You can easily waste that on a couple of cupcakes.

Do you think $2 each time would be too much? That would only be $38 for all your nights. You can easily waste that on a couple of cupcakes.
I don't think it would be too much If I were to do it a couple of times, but yet $38 is a lot of money. We are from Australia, the dollar has dropped to a 10 year low so that $38 is almost double for us.
And "a couple of cupcakes" aren't $38, that's quite the exaggeration.
Also not to mention that I really couldn't be bothered going twice a day to pick up and drop off an icepack. Much easier to just pop some ice into a bag and off we go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter