Freezing Pecan Pies?

Fiona R from UK

Mouseketeer
A very quick question, can any one tell me if I can freeze pecan pies? I have a recipe for individual pies that I'd like to make in advance if possible.

Thank you for your help!!

Here's the answer from www.allrecipes.com

. Can pies be frozen?

A. Some pies can be frozen to save time on busy cooking days. Here are a few pointers:

Double-crust fruit pies (such as apple) can be assembled and then frozen in the raw state. Later, when you are ready to bake, let the pie sit at room temperature for 20 minutes to let the glass plate warm up, then bake as normal. If you are going to glaze the top with egg wash or sugar, do that just before baking. Freezing the pie after it is baked is not recommended. The crust will get damaged in the freezer and will absorb liquid from the filling.

Nut pies such as pecan pies can be frozen after they are baked.

You can freeze meat pies before baking provided the filling is fully cooked before freezing. It would be best to cook the filling separately and let it cool completely before putting it in the pie shell.

Custard and pumpkin pies do not benefit from being frozen.

Happy baking!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter