French Quarter Ressie made today for $104!!

RTownsend

Earning My Ears
I reserved 3 nights, April 15-18, today and was quoted $104 a night. Before calling Disney reservations I checked disneyworld.com and they quoted $134 and expedia quoted $169.00, so it pays to call.

My DW and 5YO DS spent 7 days at CR Tower (11th floor, MK view) in February, which ran us $380 a night, so this rate is much easier to swallow (although CR tower is well worth doing once in a lifetime) An unexpected business trip is allowing my DW and I to take a well deserved 3 day get away ALONE (Fri-Monday). I knew I wanted a moderate, and read some reviews here that French Quarter was a good choice...

Any opinions?

Wow!! Great rate. So you called WDW directly and got that rate?

Hubby and I are looking to go in early January and I'm leaning toward POFQ. If I can get that rate, we'll be thrilled!!!

Yep! Called the general reservations number this morning, I didn't ask for any special rates, it was offered. $104 is for a standard view room, but an additional $23 per night upgrades you to a water view---whats great about that also is that online the upgrade to water view was almost $30 a night. The cast member didn't mention anything special, maybe they are having alot of empty rooms (??) Call now!!

Thanks! I'm going to have to tell hubby about this tonight and call to see what rates we can get for January.

Hi All:

You were lucky to get that rate, as I just called for the same resort same dates, and the best they could do was $169.00 a night, boohoo.

So I guess I will keep waiting.

Deb.

Yep, that's the same rate we are getting, but we have annual passes and that was the rate.

Wow! I am so suprised. Even disney.com still shows $134 (expedia still shows $169) The cast member and I struck up a 10 minute conversation before he got to the rate, so maybe they have some lee way on what they quote, or maybe he just made some kind of mistake--I just went to view my ressie online and it is showing the $104 and my one nights deposit credit.

Hi: I was also talking for a while, and said I need around 100 dollars a night for my budget or I will have to wait and save some more money which is fine with me, as I have to factor the exchange rate in, as that is what it will cost out of my Canadian dollar paycheck. But I do want a moderate resort.

He also spoke of a pin # with AAA for a package with 150 disney dollars, so I said I am CAA for 30 plus years and have never received any pin #. He said that they target certain areas. So I told him that they should think of those in snowy regions and cold weather and target us, we would like to get away after the winter, but I need a deal.

I have noticed that a Floridia Residence rate is around $104.00, are you sure they did not make a mistake. That happened to me once the cm quoted me a price for a mcdonalds employee discount, sent the confirmation and they said they would not honour it without proof of employment with mcdonalds, so I had to change it, even after speaking with a supervisor.

Deb.

That is the AP rate for that time frame. For dates beginning April 17 it is 109.00 per night. You rate began on a 104.00 night therefore all nights after that up to 10 nights is that price.

Tim/Hawk

Then I'm assuming the OP has an AP? I know that's what I'm paying ($109) for POR in June with my AP. I was kind of surprised when this amount was mentioned but no mention of an AP.

Could someone please tell me what AP stands for and how you get this rate?

I'm new to all this and will admit that I'm lost. The only other time that I stayed at WDW, we were at Shades of Green because my BIL is military.

I did not use any type of discount. I gave the CM my telephone number, he pulled up my info (since we were just there is February at the CR) He asked me who was coming with me (jus tmy DW this time) we talked about how nice it will be to have some time in DW alone, and then he confirmed my address in South Carolina) and then asked me what ersort I was looking at and then dates. He came back with the $104 for standard view, I asked what the upcharge would be for water view, he told me, I declined and teh reservation was made. We NEVER discussed any type of discount. but I am calling them right now to confirm

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. And then I'll let you call and book my reservation because you seem to have a magic touch. :teeth:

OK, I just got off the phone with Disney reservations. Basically the CM gave me a "virtual Pin #" She says its like I got aPIN in the mail, called in and used the PIN for the discount. But of course, I did not get a PIN, he just gave it to me. IMPORTANT: She says that this was their "mistake" and any mistake made by them will always be honored. So if thjey gave me a AP rate and I an not an AP, they will still honor it (unless I lied I guess) Her parting words were--"You just lucked out!"

You are one lucky dude...you may be making reservations for all of us in the future.

RTownsend said:
OK, I just got off the phone with Disney reservations. Basically the CM gave me a "virtual Pin #" She says its like I got aPIN in the mail, called in and used the PIN for the discount. But of course, I did not get a PIN, he just gave it to me. IMPORTANT: She says that this was their "mistake" and any mistake made by them will always be honored. So if thjey gave me a AP rate and I an not an AP, they will still honor it (unless I lied I guess) Her parting words were--"You just lucked out!"

I don't suppose this guy mentioned what would happen if you called and tried to change to a different resort. I believe I'm in a similar situation as you, and I'd like to change resorts, but I'm concerned that if somebody starts poking around my reservation, I may lose my rate.

Hi RTownsend:

Glad to see it worked out for someone. You and your wife have a great time at wdw. It is a very nice resort for couples, we were there last april we loved it. I guess I will just keep dreaming as I need the price around l00.00.

As much as I feel I can't stand the cold weather anymore (gets harder to stand as I get older, lol) I guess we will have to save a little more and wait a year. Unless a great general code comes out.

Deb.

BostonRob said:
I don't suppose this guy mentioned what would happen if you called and tried to change to a different resort. I believe I'm in a similar situation as you, and I'd like to change resorts, but I'm concerned that if somebody starts poking around my reservation, I may lose my rate.
I hear ya! It took all I had to call them becasue after reading everyone's opinions I though I might have problems upon check-in. Based on the CM told me this morning, they will honor the code orginally used, so as long as that code applies to value and moderate resorts, it will carry over. The was she talked is once teh reservation is mde with a code they will not take it away (I am sure the exception would be discounts for FL. residents or AP and you can present no proof of residency at check-in) but this has no proof required. I'd try it if you really want to change

RTownsend said:
I hear ya! It took all I had to call them becasue after reading everyone's opinions I though I might have problems upon check-in. Based on the CM told me this morning, they will honor the code orginally used, so as long as that code applies to value and moderate resorts, it will carry over. The was she talked is once teh reservation is mde with a code they will not take it away (I am sure the exception would be discounts for FL. residents or AP and you can present no proof of residency at check-in) but this has no proof required. I'd try it if you really want to change

Yeah, I finally decided to go for it and try to change. I told him I was looking to save a few more bucks and asked him if there was anything available in the WL. He took about a minute with his computer and finally said, "I have rooms in the WL, but nothing that will save you money from the rate you're getting with your discount." So good for me. I'll probably try again in a few days.

Just out of curiosity did they say that code would apply to WL? I was told originally it was only for value's and moderates, would LOVE to switch to WL but didn't know if it was possible. Did he quote you a rate? We are at POP now.

Lesley

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter