Fresh fruit or juices?

disney20something

Earning My Ears
Is there any place on Disney property that makes fresh pressed juices at all? And what are the prices on whole fruit around the parks? Trying to decide if I should ship some fruit over to maximize the budget. We eat quite healthy and I can't imagine going 10 days without at least 1-2 servings of fruit each day...

Each resort has an assortment of fruit..we get bananas,apples,grapes and small packages of cut up choices!

I love watermelon and cantelope and grapes at the fridge part of the resorts ..the banana and apples and oranges are always at the resorts too and parks..

You can often get huge containers of fresh fruit at the food court for a snack credit if you are on the DDP. There is whole and cut fruit just about everywhere. Buffets are also going to have fresh fruit and veggies on the salad bar too.

salads,fruit cups,are everywhere in various forms- I LOVE the Fresh juices over at the Dolphin.... easy enough to get your fruits and veggies

I wouldn't necessarily vouch for the quality all of the time, but Disney certainly has come around in its offerings at the parks and resorts. Being Florida, you can usually trust that there will be oranges, oranges, oranges. I try to eat as healthy as possible too when I'm there and seek out as many fruit, salads and veggie offerings--I see that they have a lot more hummus then they used to, which helps me out too. I've never noticed fresh squeezed juices. I'll have to make a special trip to the Dolphin next time.

We got some wonderful pineapple spears at the fresh fruit stand right near the entrance to the Safari.

The oranges I've had from WDW food courts are labeled as having been grown in CA.

We rent a car and go regularly to the store to buy much cheaper fruits.

Juices at breakfasts like Boma etc are boxed juices made with HFCS. (Yep we've checked)

Hi this is something I have issues with everytime I am at Disney World.
I am vegan the best thing I can say is buy fruit in it's natural, like an Apple, an Orange or a Banana.
Stay away from prepackaged so called fresh fruit salads. I got one a few years ago and got sick from it.
It didn't even taste right, tasted like it's been sitting around forever.

salads,fruit cups,are everywhere in various forms- I LOVE the Fresh juices over at the Dolphin.... easy enough to get your fruits and veggies

Can you get juices at the Dolphin without having a sit down meal? I see the Fresh Mediterranean Market has juices, but it's hard to find info on whether or not it's a "juice bar" situation... And thanks for the tip, by the way!

Fresh has a little checkin counter out front of the restaurant, you can buy a fresh juice right there.... One of my favorite relaxing mornings is to buy one of the juices on my way out to the pool and beach..... :beach: I agree about the 'juices' at various restaurants... most of them aren't worth bothering with,nutrionally speaking- if I buy a cut fruit bowl, I always check carefully to be sure it looks fresh before buying... or just a piece of fruit works too. Every restaurant sells a green salad in some form-

The "fresh fruit" cups are not. It's like jarred cut up fruit. And we also dislike the apples ( waxed) and such found around. We find this to be hard, too, as we eat a lot of good fresh fruit at home and always fresh-squeezed juice.

Fresh has a little checkin counter out front of the restaurant, you can buy a fresh juice right there.... One of my favorite relaxing mornings is to buy one of the juices on my way out to the pool and beach..... :beach: I agree about the 'juices' at various restaurants... most of them aren't worth bothering with,nutrionally speaking- if I buy a cut fruit bowl, I always check carefully to be sure it looks fresh before buying... or just a piece of fruit works too. Every restaurant sells a green salad in some form-

That sounds great! What kind of juices do they have? Can you choose your own ingredients or is there a menu? And do you recall the price range?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter