Fresh off 5 nt Very Merry Magic

Fruto76

DIS Veteran
Hello all- just returned from the 5 night 11/8 Western Carribean on the Magic with stops at Castaway and Cozumel. Happy to answer any questions you might have about the sailing!

I hope you had a great time and thanks for offering to answer questions. Was there a late night buffet after pirate night? Was their gingerbread decorating?

Gingerbread house was being built during the cruise, still had walls up when we disembarked. I do not remember seeing gingerbread decorating as an activity during the cruise. There were Christmas fireworks 2 nts- day 1 and day 5. (Supposed to be day 4 but weather caused change). Pirate nt was day 3 - no pirate FW, buffet or deck party. Only at dinner and games/activities in D lounge.

Thanks for answering questions!!

Did you go to any adult entertainment in the lounges such as dancing, trivia, etc? How crowded were the venues? Was it as fun (subjective I know) as it was pre-Covid?

What was your dining rotation?

On what nights were Tangled show, Dreams, etc...?

How was the food quality (subjective I know) but compared to pre-Covid?

Mickey Waffles available at Cabana's or MDR for breakfast?

What surprised you the most about such a low number of pax?

Anything else that you thought was new, great, underwhelming, disappointing etc?

Thanks for answering questions!!

Did you go to any adult entertainment in the lounges such as dancing, trivia, etc? How crowded were the venues? Was it as fun (subjective I know) as it was pre-Covid?
Yes, trivia, bingo, games - saw no dancing options- venues were very comfortable - Fathoms probably most popular but always had at least a few empty tables.

What was your dining rotation? Dining was L,L, A, A, R

On what nights were Tangled show, Dreams, etc...? 1.(no show), 2. Twice Charmed, 3. Tangled, 4. (no show), 5. Dreams. Merrytime FW were scheduled day 1 and 4 but day 4 was moved to day 5 due to weather.

How was the food quality (subjective I know) but compared to pre-Covid? Great!

Mickey Waffles available at Cabana's or MDR for breakfast? Mickey churro waffles at Cabanas. Reg mickey waffles in MDR.

What surprised you the most about such a low number of pax? This was our 3rd post covid cruise. First on the Magic. We had a large party (20) and they accommodated us very well!. No longer have limitations to elevators. Distancing not greatly observed, that's more on the guests I think. Still a lack if activities but this one felt like it's starting to get more. Slowly but surely.

Anything else that you thought was new, great, underwhelming, disappointing etc? I'm just happy to be back on board- easy to please. I will say we got a FB Cabana about 12 days out and then 5 days pre sail there were 7 available to book. If you are sailing soon and wanting a cabana - keep checking within the 2 week window!

Do you know about how many people were on your cruise?

And how was the boarding/testing process? And how were the lines/crowds when disembarking, particularly with customs?

Thank you!

Do you know about how many people were on your cruise?

And how was the boarding/testing process? And how were the lines/crowds when disembarking, particularly with customs?

Thank you!
We were told 800-900 guests and less than 200 kids. Testing was smooth- waiting area was like a busy airport. 😒- got results in 35 mins. Cell signal was terrible inside so I advise all guests traveling download navigator app prior to going in the port building. Some in our party failed on that one. Disembarking was where I felt the most crowded. People gathered all over waiting for luggage color to get called. The customs process was much slower than Port Canaveral, no real reason that I could tell other than there were 2 agents checking passports.

Thanks for your answer! I thought of another question…did you or anyone in your party happen to drive to the port? What was the parking situation like? Was it pretty far from the Disney terminal?

Your answers are much appreciated!
My daughter loves to dance so she is going to be a bit disappointed at no dancing. ☹

What was your PAT? Only 35 minutes for the test results is good!

How was the sail away?

How was your disembarkation breakfast - did they have loud announcements throughout?

Did they list the time of the fireworks in the Nav app?

Last edited:
Thanks for your answer! I thought of another question…did you or anyone in your party happen to drive to the port? What was the parking situation like? Was it pretty far from the Disney terminal?
We did drive- with a huge hiccup the night prior. We booked an AirBnB for 16 of us. At 4:30pm I got a message from the owner that they had to cancel due to plumbing issues. And that was it -Just canceled us and said AirBnB would contact for help. Well, they were useless to say the least. Luckily we were able to get 4 rooms at the Holiday Inn by the port- which I personally would not stay at again. However, I was so grateful to get the rooms so last minute. It is what it is. So... back to your question- the drive over was quick and easy. Husband dropped us off at the ship at 10:15 - PAT was 10:30-10:45am for 17/20 of us (3 had 11;\:15 am PAT). Hubby parked in the G garage and took the shuttle back to us. The shuttles from parking back to the ship are a quick trip and they run constantly. (Parking is $22 p/day.) After hubby got back, I stayed with the 3 in our group that had 11:15 PAT but the majority of our party went in early. Everyone had results back before 40 mins.
Your answers are much appreciated!
My daughter loves to dance so she is going to be a bit disappointed at no dancing. ☹

I am anxiously awaiting Silent DJ's return!!!!

What was your PAT? Only 35 minutes for the test results is good! Majority of group had PAT 10;30. A few that jumped in on the fun last minute (like the week before departure) had 11:15 PAT.)

How was the sail away? Sail away was calm- no party- I admittedly miss the party and the excited emotions that are tied to it. The timing was so close to sunset - it was BEAUTIFUL! It was our first sailing from Miami so we really enjoyed the view. Truly felt like we had the boat to ourselves because main dining was just getting started and the upper deck was nearly bare, minus our crew of 20!

How was your disembarkation breakfast - did they have loud announcements throughout? We had late dining - which means later breakfast on disembarkation. We had to wait outside the MDR because they had not completed and turned over in time for 2nd seating to start. I did not hear any announcements. But when we got out of breakfast- which was pretty quick- They already had called most of the colors, if not all.

Did they list the time of the fireworks in the Nav app?
Fireworks were at 7:45 both nights and I do believe they were listed in the app, except the last minute change due to weather which was announced through the PA.

Do you recall if the ship pulled in on time and what time was self walk-off started? Was it still around 7:30?

Do you recall if the ship pulled in on time and what time was self walk-off started? Was it still around 7:30?
I woke up at 6:30 and we were completely docked, already. I know the "customs has cleared the boat" announcement came before I left my room which was at 7:45, so my guess is yes- walk off was still right around 7:30am.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter