• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fresh review - Sunday Brunch - 10/29/06

Robert P

GLOBEX - taking over your world one country at a t
Background info:
We stayed at the Dolphin 2 nights during this trip. There was a mix up with our room upon checking in, and without asking, they gave us vouchers for any 2 meals at a non-signature hotel restaurant. We chose the Sunday Brunch at Fresh. We would normally have chosen Palio, but it recently had closed.

We headed straight to MGM Studios at opening time, and came back an hour later to the Dolphin. We took the boat, which was a nice 8 minute ride.
We arrived at Fresh, which is located across the way from BlueZoo, for the Sunday Brunch right at 10:30 a.m., when the posted menu said brunch would begin. We were told it wasn’t open until 11:00 a.m., which differed from the posted information right by the door. After a brief explanation of their changing over from just breakfast to brunch fare, we headed back up to our room to drop some of our park things, and were back at Fresh at 11:10 a.m. We were seated quickly, in the left dining area that was maybe 60% full. That confusion in start time for brunch was the only bad thing we encountered with this meal. :)
Our server was very charming, and familiar with the menu items for that day’s brunch. Her service was top notch, and though I don’t have her name because we didn’t get a receipt (recall that we were on vouchers this meal), I know that we tipped additional money, beyond whatever was built into the voucher’s gratuity. She was awesome.
Some of the items were a pananni type sandwich, grilled swordfish, risotto cakes, NY Strip roast, rotisserie chicken, and 2 soups (French Onion and Chicken Gumbo). The juice bar was cranking out fresh juice, but it wasn’t breakfast juice, it was like wheatgrass and some other type of healthy concoction. The chefs were making made to order omelets and eggs, and there was typical breakfast food everywhere (bacon, sausage, bagels, croissants, muffins etc…). A few casseroles were also presented. There was one person working at a crepe station, who was making both fresh crepes and waffles. The toppings for those were fresh whipped cream, vanilla sauce, a Grand Marnier sauce, chocolate, fresh berries, apples, pureed berries, butter, and of course syrup.
Maybe the most impressive part of the brunch offerings were the desserts. I saw everything from the typical pie and cake slices, to cheesecake, fresh fruit, puddings, flan, and even individual crème brulees. Also, they had a parfait station over beside the juice area.

At $24.95 per adult, I can’t say we would have tried Fresh if not for the meal vouchers. The menu had always looked interesting, but the price was a turn off. But, luckily for us we did, and I would rate the experience much higher than the House of Blues Gospel Sunday Brunch we tried several years back, which wasn’t bad at all. I think we will be adding Fresh to our rotation, when we are at WDW on a Sunday. Excellent food, and great service all around.

Enjoyed reading your review ~ Thanx for sharing.

Thanks for the review. We have had breakfast at Fresh twice and loved it both times. It is the best breakfast buffet we have ever tried. :)

Thank you for this review. FRESH always intersted me but we never got a chance to check it out. It also seems underrepresented on the Dining Review Board. I'm glad you had a good time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter