Frette sheet set/Disney Fantasy

sambycat

DIS Veteran
I’ll make this short and sweet! :rotfl:

I purchased a Frette Queen size sheet set from the onboard shop (Whitecaps? can’t remember which one). It was $199.95, white, desribed as queen size set. i didn’t open it and extract all the parts and pieces and queen is the only size available (was the only size out, told was the only size by a CM and that’s the size of the beds on the ship). i have priced these sheets (not “DCL” but Frette brand online, they are $$$ and mostly i’ve seen a flat bottom sheet listed, not a fitted one).

so here is what we got in the set - 3 pillowcases (DCL color on color/white mickey head woven into the cloth, with a flanged edged - more like a sham then a straight up pillow case), a queen sized top sheet and a GINORMOUS fitted bottom sheet. like it fits on one corner of the bed appropriately height wise, but not in any other dimension. we tucked it around the rest of the mattress and it is staying on. i didn’t wash the sheets yet - if the bottom one shrinks to a queen size, i imagine the others won’t fit the bed!

not sure who to call? i want the sheets, not sure if we should only have 2 pillow cases or there should be four. and whats the deal with the super sized bottom sheet?

any ideas?

Too funny!! We just got off the Dream this past Sunday and after our last Dream cruise in June we decided to buy this set after falling in love with the bedding like many others :lovestruc: Some of the bags were ripped and sort of picked over. We asked a CM when we were checking out if we could confirm all the parts were there and he said 2 pillow cases, one sheet and duvet cover. He pulled them out but didn't open them up. We bought them and headed back to our cabin.

Fast forward about 20 mins later and something told me to check. I did count two pillow cases, one big fitted sheet :rotfl:, and a sheet - no duvet cover. We had specifically asked if it included the duvet and were told yes - which is why we thought it was a great deal considering.

So long answer to your question :rotfl2: ours only had two pillowcases and the fitted sheet did appear to be big. We ended up returning it and they apologized.

Hope it works out :thumbsup2

Heather

but it was a dig old weirdly large sheet though? it must be some weird off deal. i probably got a deal with three pillow cases! seems like it should be either 2 or 4!

thanks!

Just out of curiosity do they sell the set in a king? and what is the thread count?

If it is available in KING, maybe you got a KING fitted sheet rather than a QUEEN.

Also, could it a deep queen sheet-and you have a standard queen bed?

I'm not sure if the OP saw King sets - but we did not. I think they had 3 sets out the length of the cruise and each time I checked, there was only queen sets. Not sure if they make them in King or if they have more in inventory?

I thought the same - the fitted sheet perhaps is for the deeper mattresses? Ours is a "regular" one so it would be big on ours too!! :)

Heather

so i saw only 3 “sets” out, as a PP noted. they were all queen. now since the beds on the fantasy are essentially all queen size, i assumed thats all they had/made and the CM said thats all they had but sometimes i do not believe what they say! :rotfl2:

actually, the packaging didn’t list a thread count, just 100% Egyptian cotton. even n their website, at least in the individual descriptions i don’t see a count per se. i’m sure its listed somewhere though!

again, i’ve been looking for these sheets a while, a set has been more expensive online for 2 sheets then even the weird set we ended up with so generally i’m pleased, but that weird large sheet is so crazy!

i emailed DCL, we shall see if they have anything to offer!

oh, about the bottom sheet - it fits the deepness of or pillow top mattress fine, it’s just tremendously huge in all other directions! so it must be a king

A king bed is the same length as a queen.....just wider. Must be a mutant sheet! LOL

I have always believed that the beds on both the class and new ships are bigger than a queen size. We have a king bed at home and have never noticed much of a difference when we are on the ship honestly. If they are sized for the beds on the ship, that may be the problem if you are trying to use them on a true queen-sized mattress at home.

:crowded:
This reminds me of the time we bought a dresser at IKEA.. (never again!) 5 hours into the project we realized we have the misc parts box - and I was was #%* mad!

.. But good sheets are worth a lot of money..( just don't ask me to sew them! :flower3:)

I bought this sheet set on the Fantasy in July and had the same experience. There were three sets on the shelf in the store...all had been opened and picked over. I asked the CM behind the counter to check to make sure I had all the pieces and she confirmed I did: two pillowcase shams, one top sheet and one massive fitted sheet that I am certain must be king size. BUT, no regrets...I love the sheets...I just have to tuck one side of the bed tightly or they get all loose and wrinkly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter