Fridge in OKW studio has no freezer

m1ckeym0use1

Mouseketeer
A couple weeks back we had a short stay in an OKW studio. The fridge in our unit had no freezer in the top portion... it was all fridge.

Does anyone know if this is just a one-off, or are they switcing out all of the fridges for these new models?

Although I don't know, I hope that's not the case. I also had a refrigerator in a studio that didn't have a freezer section. And the refrigerator I had a few weeks ago had the smallest freezer section I'd ever had (except for that time I had none). I think it measured about 3 inches by 8 inches. Just big enough for ice cube trays. It seemed to be a fairly new refrigerator, so like you I do wonder. Can anyone in a studio there now report?

I sure hope they don't discontinue the models that have freezers in them. We use them to refreeze our blue ice for small soft sided coolers, or bottles of water or juice boxes, or some quick microwavable meals. I know many people who like to freeze bananas, or Snicker bars for some sweet treats. They are also good for cold compresses for sore & aching muscles. I hope they're not going to cut corners by getting fridges without freezers. The kitchenette of a studio would not be complete without a freezer section.

Although I don't know, I hope that's not the case. I also had a refrigerator in a studio that didn't have a freezer section. And the refrigerator I had a few weeks ago had the smallest freezer section I'd ever had (except for that time I had none). I think it measured about 3 inches by 8 inches. Just big enough for ice cube trays. It seemed to be a fairly new refrigerator, so like you I do wonder. Can anyone in a studio there now report?

That size freezer has been fairly standard as far as I remember. Just enough room for a couple of ice trays. And that's all.

But no freezer at all?? That's not right, especially with the kitchenette. I'd send Member Satisfaction an e-mail.

Here's the one I had a couple years ago. Wish I'd thought to contact Member Satisfaction-

Ah, so the unit had a freezer ... but the housing had been moved. It would likely have a been an easy call to Maint to get it replaced.

Here's the one I had a couple years ago. Wish I'd thought to contact Member Satisfaction-

I was there three weeks ago in a studio. Not only did my fridge have a freezer but it was big! I mean, for a mini fridge lol. We had two ice trays plus two small blue ices and about three bottled waters in there! And it worked! We were very pleasantly surprised. I hope they aren't getting rid of them.

Ah, so the unit had a freezer ... but the housing had been moved. It would likely have a been an easy call to Maint to get it replaced.

I did call maintenance-they came up, looked at it, and said that there was nothing they could do. So for me, it wasn't just "an easy call to maintenance to get it replaced." They even brought a refrigerator that had a freezer, but mine was just an inch too short to put that kind (with the freezer in).

We also use the freezers in the studio refrigerators and I would be ticked if I got there and didn't have one. I always get a large family size box of frozen waffles + freeze the ice trays & "blue ice" things. No freezer section at all is unacceptable. The one time we DID stay at OKW the freezer door flap thingy was broken tho. But the whole studio was a mess so that was just par for the course for our expierence at OKW.

Looks like Simba's Mom got one of the beverage coolers. We would not be happy with this fridge in our room. We keep a Ice Cream in ours. Maybe we the owners need to demand Disney put back what was in the rooms originally.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter