Friendliest, most inclusive place you have ever lived

mefordis

If you can dream it, you can do it.
For those who have lived in more than one place, out of those places, what's the friendliest, most inclusive place? I lived in the Dominican Republic for a year and by far the people were the friendliest than anywhere else I've lived: NYC, Chicago, Michigan, NJ, Italy

I did a semester at a university in Dublin as part of a study abroad program. Ireland is hands down the friendliest place I've ever lived in. Irish people are very friendly, helpful, and welcoming from my experience. They also really know how to have a good time (or craic if you will xD).

On the flip side I lived in Germany for two years and people weren't downright rude, but more so kept to themselves most of the time. I live in Maryland now and people are nicer than where I grew up (NJ).

I am not sure of the 2 foreign countries and 5 states I have lived that I would consider any of them inclusive.

Friendliest: the Philippines and Franklin, TN (Nashville suburb)

Definitely NOT my area of Virginia. I would move in a heartbeat!!!

For those who have lived in more than one place, out of those places, what's the friendliest, most inclusive place? I lived in the Dominican Republic for a year and by far the people were the friendliest than anywhere else I've lived: NYC, Chicago, Michigan, NJ, Italy
By far hands down friendliest place I've lived is TN. - Like to the point that wve though we have 0 connections and it's nowhere near a. beach which I love, we've seriously considered "retiring" there just due to the ppl. and how easy everything just seems. Most inclusive I'd say Albuquerque. I've lived in the following places:

Pennsylvania
Wisconsin
Colorado
Alabama
Kansas
Oklahoma
New Mexico
New York (way upstate)
Virginia
Tennessee

Northern and Northwestern VA (Shenandoah Valley), by far. I would move back to NoVa in a heartbeat if it weren't so dang expensive and crowded. But very happy with where I live now.

Definitely not North Texas.

Northern and Northwestern VA (Shenandoah Valley), by far. I would move back to NoVa in a heartbeat if it weren't so dang expensive and crowded. But very happy with where I live now.

Ooh! I was going to say North Texas as the friendliest! Well when I first moved here. Now? Not so much. We have so many out of state people move here and it’s really lost it’s charm. More trash. More crime. I used to walk into a store and guaranteed there would be at least one person I knew.
I think the area has just lost its connection with each other.

My goodness I thought TX was friendly. I have never lived there, just the impression I had.

I have lived in 2 places, suburbs of Chicago and Omaha, NE. As far as people go, I'll take Chicago any day.

I have the opposite opinion of NOVA. Everyone was "fake nice" to your face but SO competitive about jobs/money. As soon as you admitted to being a stay at home mom, you were looked down upon for not having higher career aspirations and being caught up in the rat race up there. Everyone tries to one up everyone else with their government jobs. 🙄 Not to mention the low key racism everywhere.

Spent the longest 4 years of my life there.

I’ve only lived in Ohio in just 2 different towns which are right next to each other but in different counties. They are as different as night and day though. The little town I live in now is much better then my hometown.

Grew up in the Chicago suburbs, although people were really nice, my town in particular was rather - shall we say - monochromatic. Moved to Colorado. People here are just fine, but I do miss the "midwestern" hospitality.

Austin, Texas where we keep it weird and folks are civil for the most part. Problem is the word is out and now we're really, really full here.

friendliest - Isla Vista, CA. A 1 square mile town right next to UCSB.

least friendly place I've ever lived - San Jose, CA.

Austin, Texas where we keep it weird and folks are civil for the most part. Problem is the word is out and now we're really, really full here.

That's what I like-- a mix of different types of people who are open minded. Don't worry, my husband is against moving anywhere so I won't add to the crowding.

Middle of nowhere, PA. It's a totally different experience with people when you're neighborhood area (population wise) extends in a 15 mile radius.

I've only lived in my home small city in a suburban neighborhood and in the middle of nowhere. I'm not counting the Pittsburgh city neighborhood I started out in as I was too young.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter