Friends & Family Discount for Orange Lake Resort, Holiday Inn, Crowne Plaza, and More

Hi there. Is there an updated post with a new link? Thanks bunches. :goodvibes

sorul82? said:
Hi there. Is there an updated post with a new link? Thanks bunches. :goodvibes

The link is in Rupert B Puppenstein's signature.

sorul82? said:
Well I'm just a ding dong! Thank you for showing me the way. :goodvibes

Sometimes we all need a flashing arrow!

Thanks so much for the discount. We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Greensboro, NC and enjoyed it.

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Capitol in Washington DC a few weeks ago and we weren't able to use the friends and family discount but it was a very nice hotel in close proximity to everything. We were able to park the car and walk all weekend. My kids also loved the fact that McDonald's was right next door. We plan on using the friends and family discount for our drive down to Disney next month, thank you so much for sharing the discount.

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Capitol in Washington DC a few weeks ago and we weren't able to use the friends and family discount but it was a very nice hotel in close proximity to everything. We were able to park the car and walk all weekend. My kids also loved the fact that McDonald's was right next door. We plan on using the friends and family discount for our drive down to Disney next month, thank you so much for sharing the discount.

Just wondering, why could you not use the certificate? would the hotel not let you? I'm hoping to use it when we go to NY in August.

That was perfect timing! Sorry you didn't get the rate. :( I was just researching our properties in the DC area for a race in October. I hope you don't have a problem getting the discount at Disney.

Just wondering, why could you not use the certificate? would the hotel not let you? I'm hoping to use it when we go to NY in August.

It isn't a certificate and the room is booked ahead of time and is always subject to availability. The form that you have to bring to the hotel (which sometimes they collect, sometimes they don't) is simply a blank form that you write your information into. It isn't a coupon. The front desk is going to give you a deer in the headlights look if you try to get them to honor the friends and family rate when it hasn't been booked that way. The rate differs and is not a set rate all the time. Hope that makes sense. :)

It isn't a certificate and the room is booked ahead of time and is always subject to availability. The form that you have to bring to the hotel (which sometimes they collect, sometimes they don't) is simply a blank form that you write your information into. It isn't a coupon. The front desk is going to give you a deer in the headlights look if you try to get them to honor the friends and family rate when it hasn't been booked that way. The rate differs and is not a set rate all the time. Hope that makes sense. :)

yes that makes sense & I appreciate your generosity! so as long as I go the the F&F link that is listed in your signature , they are showing availability for the discounted rate, and we book it through that website then we're good? I'm looking at the Holiday Inn on 57th Strest in NY for August and it's showing a discounted rate at $196.83. If I go ahead and book it now I'll get that rate correct?

yes that makes sense & I appreciate your generosity! so as long as I go the the F&F link that is listed in your signature , they are showing availability for the discounted rate, and we book it through that website then we're good? I'm looking at the Holiday Inn on 57th Strest in NY for August and it's showing a discounted rate at $196.83. If I go ahead and book it now I'll get that rate correct?

Yes. But, before you book just double check and see what the regular rate comes up as. If it is similar, or the same, or of course lower, book that because it is eligible for Priority Club points. They never expire so you can add them up as long as you want to and buy things later using them. F&F is not eligible for any points.

Thought I would add the Intercontinental Chicago O'Hare to the list of hotels I recommend...who knew an airport hotel would be so fantastic? I have always heard horror stories about noise, etc., but the only way I knew that we were by the airport was when I looked out the window and saw the taxiway! Couldn't hear the engine noises one bit! Wasn't much of a distance to downtown Chicago and was very close to one of the nicer malls in the area, Woodfield. It is a beautiful hotel and the rooms were so comfy. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again!

Thank you for the discount code, Shelby!

I was looking at Staybridge Suites Lake Buena Vista for a week in mid-Jan. 2 bedroom/2 bath suite. It looks perfect for our family, but even with the code it is way over our budget.

Do you think the prices will come down for this hotel as it gets closer to January, or are those prices typical?

Thank you for any input and advice!

I was looking at Staybridge Suites Lake Buena Vista for a week in mid-Jan. 2 bedroom/2 bath suite. It looks perfect for our family, but even with the code it is way over our budget.

Do you think the prices will come down for this hotel as it gets closer to January, or are those prices typical?

There isn't a set threshold for each hotel like they have with say, my employee rate. You are trying to book pretty far in advance, so just hold out and keep trying. But, keep in mind that two room suites are usually limited in number regardless of the brand or property, so that request may be working against you getting the best deal. Another resort to try looking for availability is the Orange Lake Resort. They have villas with full kitchens from one bedrooms to three. Just look at the regular rates too, there may be better deals booking for points than with the Friends and Family rate. Doesn't make sense, but it happens! Hope that helps!

Yes. But, before you book just double check and see what the regular rate comes up as. If it is similar, or the same, or of course lower, book that because it is eligible for Priority Club points. They never expire so you can add them up as long as you want to and buy things later using them. F&F is not eligible for any points.

I agree. I have sometimes found cheaper rates although most of the time the FF rate is the best, and we've used it a bunch of times. :)

Another suggestion to go along with what Shelby told you. Have you looked at vacationupgrades.com? If you look on this board, lots of people have used him (Ken Price) and gotten great deals at Wyndham Bonnet Creek. We've stayed there twice and loved it (although I went through ebay).

I sent some friends there recently. They were able to get a 3BR/3BA for $120 a night and loved the place (and me for recommmending it! ;)).

There isn't a set threshold for each hotel like they have with say, my employee rate. You are trying to book pretty far in advance, so just hold out and keep trying. But, keep in mind that two room suites are usually limited in number regardless of the brand or property, so that request may be working against you getting the best deal. Another resort to try looking for availability is the Orange Lake Resort. They have villas with full kitchens from one bedrooms to three. Just look at the regular rates too, there may be better deals booking for points than with the Friends and Family rate. Doesn't make sense, but it happens! Hope that helps!

Thank you for the info, Shelby! I think I will hold out for a while. I do have AAA so I could get that discount for a bit more that FF, but it can be cancelled. We could get by with a one bedroom suite easily, if the bedroom had two queens. That seems to be harder to come by, which is why I was looking at the two bedrooms. I would like to get closer to $120/night at most.

I looked up the Orange Lake Resort...it looks very nice! So does Bonnet Creek (thank you for the suggestion horseshowmom!). But...we never travel, so I really wanted the chance to stay in a hotel, rather than a time share/condo, and the free breakfast is a bonus too.

Please let me know if you have any other suggestions or advice! Thank you!!

Thank you for the info, Shelby! I think I will hold out for a while. I do have AAA so I could get that discount for a bit more that FF, but it can be cancelled. We could get by with a one bedroom suite easily, if the bedroom had two queens. That seems to be harder to come by, which is why I was looking at the two bedrooms. I would like to get closer to $120/night at most.

I looked up the Orange Lake Resort...it looks very nice! So does Bonnet Creek (thank you for the suggestion horseshowmom!). But...we never travel, so I really wanted the chance to stay in a hotel, rather than a time share/condo, and the free breakfast is a bonus too.

Please let me know if you have any other suggestions or advice! Thank you!!

FWIW, I actually love Staybridge Suites and stay in them frequently. They generally have a very good hot breakfast. The 2BR suites also have 2BA which can be very handy, and they are very spacious. That particular property is in a good location too.

If I were you, I would go ahead and make a reservation with my AAA. Keep checking rates regularly (not only on F&F but also on the hotel's website, because they do change from time to time). That way, your room is reserved, but you can cancel it at any point.

The nice thing about Bonnet Creek is that it has transportation to the parks so you don't have to pay to park if you don't want to. Also, it is very much a resort with pools, miniature golf, lazy river, kids' activities, etc. Of course, it doesn't have maid service, but I love having the washer/dryer (makes it easy to pack less). To each their own, of course! :)

FWIW, I actually love Staybridge Suites and stay in them frequently. They generally have a very good hot breakfast. The 2BR suites also have 2BA which can be very handy, and they are very spacious. That particular property is in a good location too.

If I were you, I would go ahead and make a reservation with my AAA. Keep checking rates regularly (not only on F&F but also on the hotel's website, because they do change from time to time). That way, your room is reserved, but you can cancel it at any point.

The nice thing about Bonnet Creek is that it has transportation to the parks so you don't have to pay to park if you don't want to. Also, it is very much a resort with pools, miniature golf, lazy river, kids' activities, etc. Of course, it doesn't have maid service, but I love having the washer/dryer (makes it easy to pack less). To each their own, of course! :)

I love Staybridge Suites as well for the breakfast although I like the Pancake Maker much more with Holiday Inn Express. ;) I don't know why it is so much fun, but it is. That breakfast keeps getting better and better. If a Kitchen isn't necessary, it may be more budget friendly to get adjoining rooms. For IHG, your choice with free breakfast is going to be the Staybridge Suites LBV, or the various Holiday Inn Express properties.

You have a double edged sword booking the AAA rate...they don't have a lot of two bedroom suites, so you book one and maybe that leaves one available or they all sell out. The rate will never get better because there will be no availability. I would try that strategy with room types that have more availability like studios, but I would be prepared to pay for the AAA rate if you do book the two bedroom. Hope that makes sense.

Weird, I replied to this thread a couple of hours ago and it's not here.

Thanks for posting this and letting us use the discount. I'm booking for FL later this month. What do I put under name on the certificate? Just Shelby?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter