• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Friendship,friendship...it's the perfect blendship

cheekypoppins

DIS Veteran
WELCOME EVERYONE!!!!!

To another Cheekypoppins TR.......

I've tried to write this 3 x today so this part will be a test and then I'll begin if it actually works this time LOL

okay phew!! Success!!

Sooooo this trip took place December 6-13th @ pop Century with an 8 dayu hopper(which we didn't use nearly enough) and just about everything changed ,who,when,where all of that from the very start became totally different by the time the trip actually happened.If you know me non of that should be a shock as I am pretty indecisive

Anyways......... I could sit and talk about that in depth ,but I won't because as Scuttle says "that's very boring"
Travelling with me on this one was my youngest daughter Hailey.She's 9 and from time to time you will notice that she's in a wheel chair.She has some specialties about her due to a rare chromosomal deletion.She is very affectionate and although shy at first if she's comfortable with you she'll quickly become the life of the party.

and then of course there's me .... I have always loved Disney as far back as I can remember but my true obsession began on my 5th birthday when my aunt bought me "Sleeping Beauty" on VHS,yep true story.My first trip to Disney was when I was in 5th grade and it wasn't very magical,but there were moments I'll never forget.My second trip in 2003 was when I fell head over heels for The parks and I've gone every year since then except for 04 ( I was pregnant with Hail) and sometimes twice in a yr.

This was my first trip since my dad's passing in 2012 that I finally got my Disney excitement back before the trip,I had 2 trips in 2013 n while I enjoyed them n December 2013 is still my best trip ever!! I wasn't full blown excited before hand or at least not in the way I usually would be.Normally i get to about 2-3 nights before and I can't sleep,well this time I didn't sleep at night for a whole week before which of course lead to this.......

Okay sooo there's 12 + hours until I board my flight to the promise land,the place we all call home.Of course I can't sleep so here I sit I have every night for the past week watching " The Practice" on Netflix until I get bored and need a break.
Next thing ya know the ear buds are popped in and my cell phone's fm radio is on which causes late night 80's n 90's n Disney n reggae and anything that gets me up n shaking it dance parties to happen.I catch myself mouthing the words and dancing around my living room alone in the dark so I don't wake anyone.I'm sure if anyone could see through my window they'd reccomend a white jacket some heavy meds and perhaps a padded room,but such is Disney life.Everyone else here is sleeping peacefully.This isn't just any dance party though it's the kind where your moves don't matter,and your body is just going with the flow until a really good tune comes on and suddenly you are full on Vogue-ing like Madonna.
That eventually turns into the Ally Mc Beal Baby dance and soon enough without even realising it you're joining the rest of your crew in Dreamland.There is one difference though and that is that this night here is the very last one like this before I am truely home.
So since it has been a full week of this madness I guess I should just say sorry now for the way I'm going to look in my pics the first day huh? Poor Ariana bagelnana,she's going to mistake me for the Bride of Frankenstein by the time I meet her tomorrow night:confused: This is exactly the reason I ACTUALLY wanted to sleep tonight too!Pfffft who was I kidding??? As if that was even an option right???

okay um so that whole sleeping thing it lasted a whole hour because let's face it it's the night before and it's not happenin.....Right now 4 of my friends are in Disney aside from the ones that are locals and I always find it that much more exciting when I know that there are more Disney crazed peeps there waiting for my arrival.Sure there's no Rob or Connie:( but Disney friends are always good right?I mean we all know Dis friends especially are the best friends n omg ARIANA!!!!!!! I've waited so long!!!!!!!
there will be some firsts on this trip ( I always try to add in new things where I can) this time for the first time I will have a package waiting for me from my friends Raina and Patricia and that in itself is very exciting,no one has ever mailed me something to my resort before THANKYOU SO MUCH LADIES:lovestruc i can't wait for that,this is also my first time ordering from garden grocer,plus this is the first time that 2 friends from home will be there at the same time.( i never did run into them,because I didn't have use of facebook while there)1 from the town I grew up in and one from the town I live in now which is about a 30 minute drive.
PAUSE GOOD TUNE!!!! I need to dance this out.....................
and as you can imagine I crashed out eventually for 1 more hour .

OK, I went back and read the intro. :lmao: Your monologue while not being able to sleep was hilarious.

I did not get the shyness from Hailey at all, she seemed to be my best friend immediately. Maybe it was the Pluto bribe. :rotfl: She is such a sweet little girl and I really enjoyed the little time we got to spend together. I wish I didn't leave the next day and we could have spent more time.

It's really funny that you will be writing about our meet long before I get to it on my TR since it was at the end of my trip!

Well it's about time, lol.

Haha, for some reason, I just would never put "Shy" and "Hailey" in the same sentence. ;)

Ooops, almost forgot to mention how freaking AWESOME your ticker is. :dance3:

Okay...I'm back (had to go check on my TR and see what was happening and then got interrupted at work).

Great intro.

Wow...how did you manage with no sleep?

OK, I went back and read the intro. :lmao: Your monologue while not being able to sleep was hilarious.

I did not get the shyness from Hailey at all, she seemed to be my best friend immediately. Maybe it was the Pluto bribe. :rotfl: She is such a sweet little girl and I really enjoyed the little time we got to spend together. I wish I didn't leave the next day and we could have spent more time.

It's really funny that you will be writing about our meet long before I get to it on my TR since it was at the end of my trip!

I know I was so sad the next day when i realised that you weren't going to be there more, I met alot of friends on this trip and while my time with you was the shortest of them all it was the most fun for sure!

Well it's about time, lol.

Haha, for some reason, I just would never put "Shy" and "Hailey" in the same sentence. ;)

Ooops, almost forgot to mention how freaking AWESOME your ticker is. :dance3:

Yeah she wasn't shy with you or Ariana but the rest of my friends who u'll see later she didn'\t even talk infront of I Kinda wanna show Riley your ticker too and see if she can figure it out

This morning we got up,washed and dressed and were off to Buffalo.Riley (my older daughter 12) slept in because that's what tweens do these days so it was just me HUbby n H.He had to make a stop at Restaurant Depot for our cousin and pick up supplies for the location that he manages and then we were hungry so hit up Mick D's ( not my first choice by any means)
WE said our goodbyes and Hailey and I were through security in the fastest time ever for us.I think I like afternoon flights much much better.It's too bad I'm back to 3 am wake up come my February Trip,oh yeah Hey guys guess what i'm going back in February too lol.Just thought I should mention that if you didn't notice my super awesome ticker that just happens to coincide with my friend Rob's.

Stitch says bu bye!

You see that Cinderella stuff in the suit case well I bought the crowns n matching diamond rings which H said were "real pretend gold" so that she could wear them at 1900 Park Fare but I saw a family with 3 sweet little girls at the gate who were also going "home" and since we only needed 1 of each I gave them the other 3 sets.Them and their moms thanked me and I heard them exclaim as I walked out of sight Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night HAHAHA Just Kidding no but seriously I heard one of the moms say to the girls "see we aren't even in Disney yet and we're already having a magical time" that made me feel really good because that's what Disney life is all about.

Hailey and Friends in the airport

Love when you get through security quickly.

How sweet of you to start another family's trip off magically. :goodvibes

Love when you get through security quickly.

How sweet of you to start another family's trip off magically. :goodvibes

I don't like going through security in Buffalo too early cause its hectic n very rushed so that part on the 1st will suck but I'm glad I had an easy time in December. Thanks it warmed my heart to see them appreciate it so much too.

Right now ( well then) we're on our flight with Southwest flying Home.we just had our snack and I'm happy to say it was much better than the nasty blueberry cereal bar thing I was once served.This time it was like a party mix,cheese ,crackers,pretzels and peanut blend ( I'll pay for that later,I'm allergic to peanuts and after going home I broke out in blisters on my face from eating too many on the way home too)Someone on the plane is watching Frozen and as sick of it as I am I can't help but wanna belt out certain lyrics .hailey certainly isn't holding back

do ya think shes a bit excited??

and here we are riding along

there's a little bit of turbulence and she's having some anxiety so be back soon

Phew! made it through a rough patch and she managed to crash

Yep she's under there somewhere

the rest of the flight was good and we got to MCO safe and sound,but were running a little behind so I decided to skip out on Chick Fil A this time because I had places to go and people to see.

We got onto a crowded bus so I didn't get what our family refers to as the best spot in the lot,that's ok though we had front row the last 2 times.It did seem though like this driver was taking the longest route possible.

and after what seemed like 10 years later we FINALLY made it to Pop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter