Frist time cruise quick question

Dvcguy1

Earning My Ears
We are taking our first cruise next week, Dream 3 day out of Port Canaveral. Want to grab a quick bite when we board. I have read that Cabanas gets very busy, and they have a 2nd location can you tell me where it is ?

We are taking our first cruise next week, Dream 3 day out of Port Canaveral. Want to grab a quick bite when we board. I have read that Cabanas gets very busy, and they have a 2nd location can you tell me where it is ?
Of course we can! Usually the Enchanted Garden (midship deck 2) opens at 1100 and then the pool service quick service area is also open, deck 11, starboard side, by the forward funnel.

2 cruises and we have never had an issue with getting into Cabanas and finding a place to set

I too have had trouble at Cabana finding a place to sit from time to time have had to sit outside. We are a family of outdoor allergies so that’s not our first choice. But we always after a long look found a place to sit.

I wasn’t aware there was a second restaurant open I thought Cabana was it. Good news for my 4th cruise on March 29th.

If you want to double check, ask the cast member at check in which of the main dining rooms is available for lunch that day. It will also be in the Navigator that they give you at check-in.

Enjoy your cruise!!!

How donthe food selections differ? Is MDR menu or buffet? Are the lambchops only in cabanas?

As we board, the welcoming crew often suggests we eat lunch in the MDR, right off the atrium, as an alternate to Cabanas...very handy.

We have been to enchanted garden before and find it not as busy as cabanas. It is also a buffet with most of what is offered in Cabanas but not everything.

One of the MDRs will be opened for lunch, but they changed it from buffet to menu, the change was made sometime last year. The menu was posted on here, but it was many months ago.

As we board, the welcoming crew often suggests we eat lunch in the MDR, right off the atrium, as an alternate to Cabanas...very handy.

Well be on the Fantasy next Saturday. I heard that they opened a sit down menu lunch now on top of the two buffets? Is this true ? Which resturaunt would that be?

Well be on the Fantasy next Saturday. I heard that they opened a sit down menu lunch now on top of the two buffets? Is this true ? Which resturaunt would that be?
Last I heard they had eliminated the buffet/sit down dining room (Enchanted Garden) and made it strictly a sit-down (menu service) restaurant. As they did on the Magic & Wonder (took out the buffet option for the dining room and made it strictly sit-down service).

Reactions: NAB
Thanks for all the information
I will post my findings when we return

Don’t really care if it is buffet or sit down just wanted to above a stampede of people

Are you randomly posting this info on various threads?
Not random....just trying to figure out this posting thing....our fist time. Did we do anything wrong? I guess I should have asked a question. We just signed up for a Fish Extender... What is the normal size of a FE group?

Not random....just trying to figure out this posting thing....our fist time. Did we do anything wrong? I guess I should have asked a question. We just signed up for a Fish Extender... What is the normal size of a FE group?
No, you did nothing wrong. It was just a bit odd that your posts were basically all the same on a couple of different threads.

Fish Extenders are handled on Cruise Meet threads. Size of group can vary from small (4-6 rooms) to HUGE (we did one cruise where we had over 100 rooms). Many times the super large groups will break out into smaller groups. Typically anywhere from 5-20 rooms may be involved.

No, you did nothing wrong. It was just a bit odd that your posts were basically all the same on a couple of different threads.

Fish Extenders are handled on Cruise Meet threads. Size of group can vary from small (4-6 rooms) to HUGE (we did one cruise where we had over 100 rooms). Many times the super large groups will break out into smaller groups. Typically anywhere from 5-20 rooms may be involved.
Thanks for the information. We are really excited about this cruise, seeing Europe and just enjoying the cruise.

It was a while ago that that happened to us...I would imagine it has changed by now. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter