From Cast Member to Annual Passholder! Updated 03/14/16

Sorry you weren't feeling well. I've been fighting something all week so i understand what you've been going through.
You're so lucky to have the parks in your backyard so to speak. Going there almost everyday looks like so much fun.
I enjoy reading about you adventures.
I wouldn't be able to here your vlob on utube. I have no sound on my laptop. It kind of died. The sound not the laptop.
Liz

Hey Robin,just read your full report... I also work for Disney. It is so wonderful to read about your love and admiration for the Disney name. I have been a fan of Walt Disney's since I was a very small child going to Disneyland with my family. My father's legacy to me was his respect and admiration for Walt and I am truly blessed to be working for the BEST.COMPANY.ON.EARTH!.
Keep up the good work,stay well,and I look forward to reading more about your adventures with this amazing job..

Hello!
I just read your whole report and followed you on instagram and you have made me so excited to hopefully work for Disney one day!!!! I can't wait to read more!

I hope you were able to have some fun yesterday after those 3 work days! I love your idea of decorating the pastry bags with sayings, that is so sweet. I would totally appreciate that extra gesture as a guest!

Loved your first installment in your Vblog :) It's always fun being able to visualize what a Cast Member's life is like working for such an amazing company and loved visiting Magic Kingdom virtually! Beautiful sunset <3 I really would love to have been able to accept a role at Walt Disney World but not sure I could take living in Florida again with the humidity! So glad you are enjoying your role.

Great Vlog Robin!! I won't be in WDW for a while, but I will definetly stop by and say Hi when my family and I get back down there! Hope you are feeling better!!!

Robin, I was happy to see your vlog! Yes, that sunset was beautiful! I enjoyed your commentary with the video. Hope to see more! :)

I have been following since day 1 and I love the added vlog. I will be coming to Walt Disney World for ten days in October. Hoping I get to stop by and say hello.

Great Vlog - you are so cute!! I still can't get over how awesome it would be to spend so much time in the parks and take in every detail! I look forward to watching/reading more!

I agree with what your co-worker said about you and I've never met you! I thoroughly enjoy reading about your new adventure and love your enthusiasm and positivity. Keep doing what you love!

Thank you so much for the kind words!

Sounds like you had a busy but fun week. I totally don't blame you for not bringing your camera to the parks ... some days you just want to enjoy and not think about anything.

How great that you got recognition from your manager and your coworker!

I did not know that there were two cold bar stations ... I'm learning so much about Starbucks just from reading this!

Cashier seems like it would be pretty hard ... you're dealing with (sometimes) impatient people, ordering in multiple languages (including Starbucks, which I consider its own language) and then you have to call out the drinks, deal with different forms of payment ... but you're right, what counts is that you're getting better!

Thank you so much for following along with me :) There is so much I didn't know about Starbucks before working there!

Sounds like you are really getting into the swing of things there. When I used to work in retail, cash was overwhelming at first but once I got good at it, it became my favourite place to be. That is so sweet that you are writing messages to people. That makes it extra special to be at Starbucks at Disney.

I feel like I am settling in and finding my way in the job and that definitely makes me look forward to work even more!

sounds like a full but satisfying week. That is crazy to think you walked 5 miles at work alone - that is a lot of criss-crossing back and forth in the store!

It's crazy how much walking I've done since I've moved here! In the past 2 months alone I've tracked over 377,000 steps!
Certainly makes the time go fast when you are so busy each day. Enjoy your day off
Thanks it sure does!
Found this report last night, and just finished reading it today. It's bringing back all my memories of being a Cultural Representative back in 2011, and I'm so glad you're having such an amazing time! You are so lucky to be able to just hang out in the parks, some of my best memories are from days spent in MK with friends, not doing much, just people watching!
I hope you carry on having an amazing time, and just because you are there full time, don't get jaded, make the most of every minute!
Thank you! So glad you like it!
Sorry you weren't feeling well. I've been fighting something all week so i understand what you've been going through.
You're so lucky to have the parks in your backyard so to speak. Going there almost everyday looks like so much fun.
I enjoy reading about you adventures.
I wouldn't be able to here your vlob on utube. I have no sound on my laptop. It kind of died. The sound not the laptop.
Liz
Sorry you've been sick Liz! It's no fun! It is a lot of fun. I remember sitting at my desk job just wishing I could go the parks again, and reading trip reports to try to make up for not going there. For some reason the parks just always make any situation better!
Hey Robin,just read your full report... I also work for Disney. It is so wonderful to read about your love and admiration for the Disney name. I have been a fan of Walt Disney's since I was a very small child going to Disneyland with my family. My father's legacy to me was his respect and admiration for Walt and I am truly blessed to be working for the BEST.COMPANY.ON.EARTH!.
Keep up the good work,stay well,and I look forward to reading more about your adventures with this amazing job..
How awesome to meet a fellow cast member! Thank you for following along with me!!
Hello!
I just read your whole report and followed you on instagram and you have made me so excited to hopefully work for Disney one day!!!! I can't wait to read more!

Thank you! So glad to inspire you and get you excited to work for Disney!

I hope you were able to have some fun yesterday after those 3 work days! I love your idea of decorating the pastry bags with sayings, that is so sweet. I would totally appreciate that extra gesture as a guest!

Thank you! I did have fun!
Loved your first installment in your Vblog :) It's always fun being able to visualize what a Cast Member's life is like working for such an amazing company and loved visiting Magic Kingdom virtually! Beautiful sunset <3 I really would love to have been able to accept a role at Walt Disney World but not sure I could take living in Florida again with the humidity! So glad you are enjoying your role.
Thank you for watching it! Glad you liked it! Posting another one today!
great blog loved it
Thank you!!
Great first vlog! I subscribed.

What a gorgeous sunset that was over the MK, so magical!
Thank you so much :)
I loved the vlog!
That sunset was amazing ... so beautiful!

Loved the video! Now I need to figure out how to subscribe....
Thank you for watching it!!
Great Vlog Robin!! I won't be in WDW for a while, but I will definetly stop by and say Hi when my family and I get back down there! Hope you are feeling better!!!
Thanks!! Definitely stop by and say hi!
Great update! Sorry that you're still not feeling great. :(
Thank you, I am feeling much better :)
Robin, I was happy to see your vlog! Yes, that sunset was beautiful! I enjoyed your commentary with the video. Hope to see more! :)
Glad you liked it!!
I have been following since day 1 and I love the added vlog. I will be coming to Walt Disney World for ten days in October. Hoping I get to stop by and say hello.
Thank you for following along with me, so glad you like the blog! Definitely stop by and say hi!
Great Vlog - you are so cute!! I still can't get over how awesome it would be to spend so much time in the parks and take in every detail! I look forward to watching/reading more!
Awe thanks Kathy! It is a blast, thank you for following along!
Just subscribed to your vlog:)
Thanks Ariane!! Hope all is well with you!
Just discovered your Report...all caught up! :) Following along!

Thank you! Glad to have you here!

Hey everyone! Here's another update from 3/27-3/31!

Friday 3/27
I had the day off today so my friend/coworker Peter and his boyfriend Brandon and I decided to spend the day park hopping! We started the day of by finally visiting Cast Connections and Property Control! It was so amazing to be able to go back in there and see everything! Basically it's a discount store for merchandise that's exclusive to cast members. So it's pretty amazing!!!

Then we headed to Animal Kingdom to ride Expedition Everest! It rained on and off most of the day but that didn't stop our fun!

After Everest we headed over to Old Key West to eat at Olivia's cafe and it was delicious! I ordered a Cheeseburger and fries and it was very tasty!

After Olivia's we headed over to the Magic Kingdom! We had Fast Passes for Haunted Mansion, Big Thunder Mountain, and Space Mountain so we of course did all of those rides. We also had time for The People Mover and for The Jungle Cruise!

Saturday 3/28

I just spent the day relaxing and editing my vlog to share with youtube! I went for a 3 mile run so I was pretty proud of that!

Sunday 3/29

I worked from 9:45am-3:45pm so I had the opportunity to walk around Epcot after work and I filmed a whole bunch of footage for the new vlog that I'll be posting hopefully later on today! I didn't take any pictures since I was just focusing on filming but I did ride the Universe of Energy for the first time in like 3 years and it was so much fun! I just love how cheesy that ride is!

Monday 3/30
I worked from 9:00am-3:30pm and it was a short and sweet day! For the past two days I have been at Cold Bar quite a lot (making Frappucinos) and I enjoy that station a lot. After work I went to Magic Kingdom with a few coworkers and we watched the Castle Show Dream Along With Mickey, and we headed to Pinocchio's to grab a bite to eat. I got the the Meatball Sub with fries and I split with Christy so we could each taste each others meal, she ordered the Italian Sub flat bread. Everything was delicious!

Had to wear my ears!

After eating lunch we decided to do Enchanted Tales with Belle, then we went over to the Little Mermaid and stopped by Storybook Circus for sweet treat. I ended up with a white chocolate chip cookie and it was delicious! We went on Mine Train after that and we were able to sit in the very front row! It was a lot if fun! We then headed over to Mickey's Philharmagic which is always the best! We headed over to Frontierland and rode Big Thunder Mountain and headed over to Pirates of the Caribbean and Jungle Cruise. The last ride of the night was Buzz Lightyear! We all had an amazing time!

Tuesday 3/31
I was off today so me and my friend Sonia and a few of her coworkers decided we would all go to Cocoa Beach! It was the most beautiful day for it, and we all had a wonderful time!

It has been a great past few days! I plan on uploading my second vlog today so I will post a link once it's live! Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Sounds like another fun day at the parks - and beach. While I love hearing about all that time you get to spend in the parks...it is nice to see that you are taking advantage of other things in FL as well!! The beach looks beautiful! Also - funny Starbucks thing...while I was in FL a few weeks ago....I noticed that they had a new Tiramisu latte? I hoped to try it at the time but didn't have a chance...then I came home to Canada...and sadly...they don't have it here :((( Wah. Back to your story :) I love Frappuccinos. Also that store for CM's sounds amazing...I'm sure it's hard to resist buying one of everything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter