• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

From Cast Member to Annual Passholder! Updated 03/14/16

I really am enjoying your review, Your writing style is very fun to read. I do have a question about the bracelet. I would love to get my daughters one of these but cant find it online anywhere. Does it have a special name? keep up the posts we are all enjoying them.

Catching up, been sick with the flu this past week and a half. Great updates and glad to see you're having a great time. Gonna check out your Vlog too! Keep those updates coming! :)

Wednesday 4/8
I worked from 4:00pm-10:15pm. Very short and easy closing shift! I closed garbage so it was exhausting and smelly but I did it!

Thursday 4/9
Worked from 9:45am-2:15pm, so VERY short shift. I met up with my friend Paul and his friend Shana at Epcot and we rode Universe of Energy and walked around the World Showcase until around 7:00pm. I found out that my best friend Haley from Mississippi is moving down as a part of the DCP on May 26th and she is going to get to do Pirates League!!! (The Pirate and Mermaid makeup by Pirates of the Caribbean). I am so excited that she is moving here, it is going to be amazing!

Paul and I went to Universal City Walk afterwards and found an AMAZING Karaoke Bar called Rising Star. Such an awesome place! I am looking forward to bringing Sonia there!

Friday 4/10
I was off today so I met Sonya at Denny's and we headed to Downtown Disney for a bit before she had to go to work. We looked around the World of Disney and TrendD. I was planning on seeing The Longest Ride but the showtimes didn't really work out. So hopefully another day soon! I just headed home and did laundry and tidied up my room and relaxed!

Saturday 4/11
I worked from 9:45am-9:00pm today and it went really, really, really great! I think it helped that I took it easy yesterday and made sure to go to bed on time. It just didn't feel like an 11 hour day! I was all over the place, I started off on Kitchen Duty (warming pastries), and jumped over to register for a bit, I helped with dishes, did finish and connect, and hot bar so I actually had fun at most of those positions!

When I left work it was raining a little bit and the fireworks were going off and I just felt so inexplicably happy with life and just overwhelmed with pride. Even though the circumstances that led me back "home" were tough, I know I am exactly where my heart needs to be, and I am so grateful for this life!

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

I really enjoy reading your posts and seeing all your pictures! What a wonderful experience! I have never heard of pirate league. We haven't been to Disney in a long time but we will be coming this December. What is pirate league? I think my boys would like it. BTW, I wanted to say I think you would make a great Disney princess. If you could be any princess at Disney which one would it be? Well, thanks for posting, keep up the good work!
Andi

Sounds like you had a great week.
Fireworks are always so magical, and it's great that you got to see them at the end of the day and got to reflect on what brought you back home & how grateful you feel!

Sounds like a great week!! It's so great that you know that you are home!! I would love to work at WDW after my hubby and I retire. enioy the rest of your weekend!

Sounds like loads more Disney fun!! I totally want to see the Longest Ride...read the book...it's a great story. So awesome that your friend will be joining you working at Disney - hopefully your schedules will work out and you will have lots of time to spend together!

Love this thread, Hopefully I get a chance to pop in, grab a drink and say Hi when I'm at WDW next week.

Last edited:
Loved reading every moment of your experience as a CM!
It's amazing all the different memories you're making!
I love your bracelet that you bought, I can't wait to buy my first Ani and Alex bracelet when I go next year!
Can't wait to read more :)

Even though the circumstances that led me back "home" were tough, I know I am exactly where my heart needs to be, and I am so grateful for this life!
Finding your happy place makes all the difference in the world. I am thrilled that your journey "home" is complete and excited for your adventures to come. Keep up the great work and those posts.

Loving your report! I just moved here last week from Arkansas to work full time for Disney. It's been so hard to be here this week and not be able to go to the park. Can't wait for that Main Gate Entrance Pass!

I found your report last night & have got all caught up. I've been looking for a report like yours for a while. I'm hoping to follow my dreams in the next year or so & move "home"!

I love reading accounts of people "living the dream". Thanks for sharing!

Totally just read all of your posts in one sitting! Love your writing style and your love and excitement for Disney just shine through your writing! Congratulations on making such an awesome and exciting move in your life. Can't wait to read more!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter