From Pop to the Top - Funtastic Adventures in the Summer Sun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's see, since these were your exact words "We enjoy the resorts. Right now, I could go down there and stay for several days just visiting resorts and taking pictures of the Christmas decorations."
Starting the 19th you also have a real cheap (free) place to crash!
Come on down and just stay for a few days, then follow Trent back home unless he is flying...

That sounds like a great plan!!!! Dis meet!!!:thumbsup2

Let's see, since these were your exact words "We enjoy the resorts. Right now, I could go down there and stay for several days just visiting resorts and taking pictures of the Christmas decorations."
Starting the 19th you also have a real cheap (free) place to crash!
Come on down and just stay for a few days, then follow Trent back home unless he is flying...

I did say that, and if the timing was right, it would be so tempting to do just that. December is booked now, though, with school, church, and home activities. One of these days, when everything falls in place just right, we're going to take you up on your hospitality.

I am glad Trent will get to come over and see you while you are there. Wouldn't he be surprised if he showed up and I was standing there? :laughing:

My dad loves looking at all the cars after TT. If they were old classic cars I think he'd love it even more!

So nice that you got to meet up with Miss Anita Wigd again! I would also love to stay at Boardwalk if not for that creepy clown slide. I think that Patrick joked about sending me a picture when he and Katie stayed there in March but Katie told him no :rotfl2: It does look like a gorgeous resort, but I am holding out for Beach Club sometime, instead.

I'd pick Beach Club, too, over Boardwalk, but I think Jill would pick Boardwalk over Beach Club. I think the clown slide would be cool if they themed it as a roller coaster that made you look like you were swooshing off of it as you slid down. That would keep the thrill but get rid of the creepy. :)

Thanks for posting the link to the shopping pics! Will have to decide what I need to buy in 2 weeks. Chloe loved the holiday Minnie, that kid wants every Minnie she sees.

The Boardwalk sure looks nice, well, except for that scary clown!

Disney on Ice sounds like so much fun, especially it being the princess one. Sadly, the one that is coming closest to me is the day after Christmas- not good timing, so we can't go. Hopefully, next time though.

Bella is a Meenie fan, too. Jill said when she was taking out the tree decorations yesterday, Bella was having a ball pointing out all the Mickeys and Minnies.

The day after Christmas is not the best timing, unless maybe tickets were a gift. :idea: But, there will be other times. :goodvibes

I really do hate that clown. Even if we could afford the boardwalk, I would not be visiting that pool!

If money was not a factor, my top three I'd want to try are Polynesian, Beach Club, and Old Key West.

That was an awesome shopping video! Thanks for posting that. I can't wait to see it all with my own eyes in 3 weeks!

The Boardwalk looks so pretty. We are hoping to switch our October ressie to there. I know it is F&W but the weekend we are going is so far the lowest predicted crowd levels so I have my fingers crossed.

How did Sunday night get here so quickly? I've had one busy weekend and it isn't going to slow down one bit in the next few weeks. We have clipboard people coming Tuesday to do classroom observations, check data notebooks, and do interviews about school climate. Not looking forward to this at all! Wednesday is our school's holiday program. It's a much happier occasion than Tuesday but still two very long days in a row makes for a long week!

Oh, we finished tie-dying our t-shirts and I just printed some iron-ons that I hope to get done tomorrow night. I'll post a picture when I'm finished if you want to see!

Have a great week!
PS-I agree with wigd, you should sneak down for a few days.

Good luck on your clipboard people visit. Happily, I got raving reviews on my last visit. I was glad to have it over. No more clipboard people in December. :woohoo:
Also, miracle of all miracles - we found out Friday we made AYP!!!!! :dance3:
That takes a little pressure off of the possible state take-over that was breathing down our necks.

I talked to that Wigd lady last night. One of these days, she's going to offer, and the timing will be just right. Then she'll never offer again after she hears my snoring. :rotfl:

Of course, we want to see your shirts.
What kind of question is that, silly woman?!?!?

I would take Anita up on that offer!

Wish I could, but she's going to send me lots of pictures to help me along. Besides, like I told her, I'd feel bad going without Jill. I did look at flights while we were on the phone, thinking Brooklynn and I could journey down for a night or two, but they're either too expensive or sold out. I can't drive that far alone. My leg swells and does crazy things, and I wouldn't want to be on the road with just Brooklynn alone. If flights would have been $79 both ways, I might have grabbed Brooklynn and headed down for a day or two. It would have been so much fun to surprise Trent. :hug:

That sounds like a great plan!!!! Dis meet!!!:thumbsup2

We'll get to see them again this summer. Last night, we talked, and I think we're going to have our 'Ohana dinner together. :goodvibes

Last full week of school for us! :yay:
We are going to Cheekwood Botanical Gardens tomorrow to see the Trees of Christmas exhibit. I have only been once as an adult, but I remember going a few times as a kid and being so amazed at the huge trees decorated from around the world. I'll pretend I'm in Epcot. ;)

Have a great day, friends! Stay warm, if possible. We had pretty snow flurries yesterday. That's early for us. We have three nights in a row predicted in the teens before we get back to more normal things. I don't do well in the cold. It needs to be cold for Christmas and New Year's Eve & Day, but after that, I'm ready for spring! That's one reason I look so forward to our spring break trips. :)

The girls really enjoyed Disney on Ice yesterday. I will post pictures either tonight or tomorrow. Brooklynn went to her first Disney on Ice when she was about 2 months old. She was awake for the first 5 minutes and then crashed for the rest of the show. I have a picture of her sleeping with Jiminy Cricket.

They do 7 princesses total - Jasmine, Mulan, Aurora, Belle, Snow White, Ariel, and Cinderella. The first 6 are before intermission and then they do Cinderella and the finale so make sure you take her to the bathroom about 10 minutes before it starts so she will be able to make it through to intermission. Hope you guys have fun!

I'm glad the girls enjoyed it...did Bella stay awake through the whole show? She's closer to Aubrey's age. I'm sure Brookie sleeping with Jiminy Cricket is adorable :cutie:

Thank you for the tips! I was worried about the bathroom thing because all of a sudden she'll say, "pee pee!" and she has to go RIGHT THEN. I'm not a parent and get nervous taking her out! lol I'll let you know how it goes!

We like to see the unique decor in each resort, and we have a goal of staying at every Disney resort at least once in our lifetimes. Jill has a better chance of that becoming a reality.

The Princess one is the one they saw yesterday, so Jill can fill you in on that. She said I would have liked the part when all the Princesses were dancing with their fellas. :love:

I also would like to stay at every resort at least once. I have no doubts you will be able to do it, MeMom!

I hope Aubrey loves the Princesses on Ice! I'll let you know how it goes :)

We are going to Cheekwood Botanical Gardens tomorrow to see the Trees of Christmas exhibit. I have only been once as an adult, but I remember going a few times as a kid and being so amazed at the huge trees decorated from around the world. I'll pretend I'm in Epcot. ;)

Have a great day, friends! Stay warm, if possible. We had pretty snow flurries yesterday. That's early for us. We have three nights in a row predicted in the teens before we get back to more normal things. I don't do well in the cold. It needs to be cold for Christmas and New Year's Eve & Day, but after that, I'm ready for spring! That's one reason I look so forward to our spring break trips. :)

:banana: for one more full week! I just have to make it through 5 days of work and then we head to FL on Saturday! Enjoy the Cheekwood Botanical Gardens, that sounds really fun!

I woke up to flurries here, let's pray that they stay flurries and go away shortly :thumbsup2

REALLY??? Wow, you guys break early!! We've got 2 more full weeks plus 3 additional days the following week! Sounds like you should have plenty of time to drive down and stay with Miss Anita Wigd :rolleyes1 What a fantastic surprise for Trent that would be!

Enjoy your last full week :goodvibes

Last week of school!! You're so close!!!

Have a great time at your field trip - it sounds neat!

We are getting snow flurries now - but it's pretty, just gently falling. That's the kind of snow I like!! :)

It sounds cold in Nashville, Memom. It is cold in Memphis as well. I HATE cold. We were supposed to be going to WDW one week from today. We had to cancel. :sad1: The Florida sun would feel pretty good right now. I hope you have a great week.

REALLY??? Wow, you guys break early!! We've got 2 more full weeks plus 3 additional days the following week!

Same here! We had a very light dusting of snow mixed with sleet on Saturday. It's pretty cold in NC too. I'm ready for summer!

The field trip sounds fun!

I hope this full week flies by MeMom and then you'll be closer to some nice time off for Christmas and New Year's Day. :goodvibes Also hope the insurance check arrived!

Same here! We had a very light dusting of snow mixed with sleet on Saturday. It's pretty cold in NC too. I'm ready for summer!

The field trip sounds fun!

It is cold. Not only did I wear pants to work, I wore a sweater too. :laughing: Lasted until a little while ago. It is 76 in my office and I had to get down to the short sleeved shirt I had on under the sweater.

What? Were we supposed to meet that night?
I don't recall, but I am sorry, if so.
Trent could only come over for a while after work, so we didn't get a lot of time with him.

No We met up the next briefly night after MSEP. Jill Brooklyn and John met Anita,Marc and me at the Tast of Africa Fri night.

I will have to pull out the phone I used to see if I have any text messages from you on Tursday night to jog your memory.

I flew in that day and went to EPCOT that night. I only know that because I looked at my pictueres. :)

You guys get out waaaaaaaaay early! Our last day is the 21st. I have my first End of Course (EOC as we call them) tomorrow for Algebra 1. My brain hurts from studying and I only got home 15 minutes ago.
:headache:

I just had to get another comment in before they close this baby down.

I loved your fountain picture! DH would also love a camero. He had one in the early years of our marriage but had to give it up. I also think that TT remote control car is too cute. Love the pictures of the Boardwalk. It's such a pretty resort.

Congrats on your rave reviews from the clipboard people! I'm so glad someone else realizes what a great teacher you are.

Wow you guys get out so early! Lucky! We go right up until the day before Christmas Eve here. How many weeks do you have off, then?

Congrats on making AYP!!!! That can be such a daunting task! Give yourself a pat on the back. It takes everyone in the school to do something like that!:banana:

If you figure out a way to make it down the invitation still stands....

I somehow missed that your school made AYP. :confused3 That's fantastic news! Congratulations to you and your fellow teachers for a job well done! :thumbsup2

It's cold here also We had our first snow day in Ontario which was okay for me .I got free child labour and my girls 11 and 12 helped finish all the Christmas cookies!!We got tons of snow in a very short time up to 60 centimeters. This was our first snow of the year and it hit hard and fast but at least it will be a white Christmas!

I managed to find the phone I used and at 6:29 on Thursday July 8 you texted me to tell me you were eating in Sunshine Seasons and were heading to Japan afterwards.

I started at AK and ended at EPCOT but did not walk into EPCOT until almost 8pm. It was EMH again so I stayed and walked around.

CONGRATS on reaching your APY goals. :banana::banana::banana::banana:

That is huge accomplishment.

Just checking in. It is snowing here a little also. It is hard to explain to a 4 year old that the snow flurries are not enough to make a snowman. He is so excited to play in the snow that he gets excited with any little bit of snow that falls. He was trying to catch snowflakes on his glove yesterday. I love to look at the world through my childrens' eyes. It is such a simple, wonderful place to them. Congratulations on AYP! I had no idea what it meant, but my teacher husband filled me in.;)

Congrats on the AYP!:yay: That's great news! We didn't make it last year and so we are really under pressure this year. Just frustrating because these people that come up with this stuff have really no idea what it is to be in the classroom!

You sure are lucky to get out that early! Our last day is the 22nd.:sad2:

Ellie and I finished up the shirts tonight. Well, except she's decided she might add some glitter to hers.:rolleyes:

This is all of them.
IMG_0739-1.jpg

This is a close up of just the iron on ones.
IMG_0740.jpg

Tomorrow marks the teens for us...getting so close!!
Stay warm...it's freezing here too! Enjoy your field trip-sounds fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter