From Sketch To Reality

When I went to DLP I saw "From Sketch to Reality" and really wanted it but it was too big and heavy to fit inside my bag (I'd bought a lot of other stuff too!) When I got home I thought It'd be easy to pick up a copy off of the internet. I tried everywhere and checked ebay everyday. I struck gold a couple of months later and ended up buying it from Ebay for £19 including postage!!!! :banana: When it arrived it was in perfect condition and a brilliant read!

:flower:

Well Done :Pinkbounc
It was soooo expensive in the park :sad2: and budget wouldn't run to it

Berwyn

I realize this is an old thread, but I just received my copy of this fabulous book today. I can't wait to finish reading it. Wish all the parks had something like this written about them.:goodvibes

I realize this is an old thread, but I just received my copy of this fabulous book today. I can't wait to finish reading it. Wish all the parks had something like this written about them.:goodvibes

I love this book too. Have you read the WDW parks field guides (plus the Disneyland one is coming out in a few months), they are really good too.

Its an amazing book, you will realy enjoy it. The author has a web blog which is a good read too.

The best book on DLP ever ,its magic:wizard:
The blog is also a fantastic read ,I look there every day.
If you buy the book there the author will sign your copy.

Sounds like an amazing book! I'd really like to buy it. Is it still available to buy in the park?

Ashleigh x

Congratulations to those that have just bought the book! It really is a lovely masterpiece.

Sounds like an amazing book! I'd really like to buy it. Is it still available to buy in the park?
Ashleigh, I remember A Small World's DH buying a discounted copy at the parks at Easter but if I were you I would buy direct from the author. If you go to his blog via the link Jonjo gave and scroll right down to the bottom
there are details of how to purchase from him. Also, he will autograph it personally just for you. :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

I've had two from him this way ~ one that DH bought me a few years ago and another that I've bought as a pressie for my DD, provided;) she gets good results in her GCSEs.

There were a few copies in the park last week at €45 :)

That is a really good price Oh paid 100 euros for mine in 2006. Is €45 for the original version ? I have the millenium edition and wouldn't pay that sort of money again but if it's the updated one then I'd certainlu consider getting a new copy. :)

That is a really good price Oh paid 100 euros for mine in 2006. Is €45 for the original version ? I have the millenium edition and wouldn't pay that sort of money again but if it's the updated one then I'd certainlu consider getting a new copy. :)

It looked like the original version as I would have bought another if it had the Studios in it :) But this version did not.

Congratulations to those that have just bought the book! It really is a lovely masterpiece.

Ashleigh, I remember A Small World's DH buying a discounted copy at the parks at Easter but if I were you I would buy direct from the author. If you go to his blog via the link Jonjo gave and scroll right down to the bottom
there are details of how to purchase from him. Also, he will autograph it personally just for you. :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

I've had two from him this way ~ one that DH bought me a few years ago and another that I've bought as a pressie for my DD, provided;) she gets good results in her GCSEs.

That sounds brilliant!! Thanks. Would be nice to have an autographed copy. If I dont see one when i go, i'll certainly want one this way.

There were a few copies in the park last week at €45 :)

Ooh thanks, i'll look out then when i go (6 weeks today wooo). Is it a very heavy book?

Ashleigh x

I haven't dreamt it have I ?
I did read that there was a newer version with everything upto and including Buzz's Lazer Blast. This thread sent me off looking for but can't find it anywhere. :confused3

Jill, the one I bought for my DD (let's just hope she doesn't read this before GCSE results day ;) ) has got a few updated pages about Buzz and SM2 but nothing on the Studios. I've bought it as a pressy for my DD as she is going to study art at college but IMO there's not enough new stuff to warrant buying another copy if you already have one. :)

EK, if you scroll down to the bottom of the authors blog on the link Jonjo gave there are details of how to buy on there.
Its an amazing book, you will realy enjoy it. The author has a web blog which is a good read too.
I think with postage my DD's came to about £45. Well worth the money. :lmao:

I just bought one via the ebay link supplied earlier - has come in at just under £45 including postage. Thanks for this - I have been thinking about getting a copy for ages.

I haven't dreamt it have I ?
I did read that there was a newer version with everything upto and including Buzz's Lazer Blast. This thread sent me off looking for but can't find it anywhere. :confused3

I have the updated edition which features Buzz's Lazer Blast and it was an autographed copy too. They are on sale via Ebay for £36.22 ($72) and $15 postage. Or via the authors blog which has a great article about the book.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter