*From the Farm to the Castle* We're Going to Disney!

eeyore#5

Mouseketeer
Hi all.

I'm so excited for my future trip that I had to start my very first Pre-Trippie now. My DBF thinks I'm crazy as we still have 10 months to go, but he's never been to Disney so he hasn't caught the *fever* :laughing:.

So a little on how this trip came to be. I was trying to figure out a nice vacation for the two of us because we've never gone anywhere at all and the DBF has never left Canada, let alone Ontario. Everywhere I suggested was being shot down left right and centre. it was a no to Cuba/Mexico/Dominican because of the heat, a no to Europe cause it was too expensive, and a no to Nashville for no reason. So by then I was getting fed up, but then my sister brought up how they were going to Disney World this May with my parents. So I got to thinking, I haven't been in a few years and he has never been. Just to be on the safe side I got some information about tickets, flying costs and some pictures of the resorts and presented them to the picky DBF. Well... HE AGREED!!.

I was shocked and blown away. And then went on a huge ramble about everything we could do there and when the best times to go are, etc. Well he stopped me and said that he would go, I could plan what I wanted for us to do, it just has to be during our winter months. I was slightly confused then remembered that he's a farmer and the crop and animals come first. :rotfl: Silly Me.

So that's my little story about how our Disney Trip came to be. Now on to better things, like when/where we're going!

When: The plan is February 6th -10th 2011 (My birthday is on the 7th :woohoo:, Never had my birthday in Disney)

Where: Not Completely sure yet. Thinking POP, POFQ or CBR. I'm swaying towards POFQ and he wants POP for the price.

Tickets: I'm thinking we'll just be getting the MYW 4 day Base tickets.

Dinning Plan: I'm pushing for DDP, I've had it before and loved it. He wants QSDP for the price once again.

Now onto the Cast (which will be relativley short);

lucvdt5

Me aka Cassie; I'm 21 years old, will be turning 22 during our trip. I have been to Disney World 15 times since I was 5. I have followed in my mothers footsteps and became a Disney Fanatic. I couldn't imagine not going to my happiest place on earth. I currently live on the farm with the DBF and have soon to be 20 Chickens and a Goat named Connor. I have a nephew who is 2 and has been to Disney 3 times in May, lucky little man. My favourite park is Magic Kingdom, I'm a sucker for all the rides. My favourite restaurant is Liberty Tree Taven or Chef Mickeys. Favourite Resort is Wilderness Lodge, thank god mom had DVC or we never would have went. But yeah thats all I can think of right now.

luvcdt5

DBF aka Jake; He'll be 21 by the time we leave. He's a simple guy, loves his truck, tractor, atv, beer and farm. He hates the water and can't even swim (didn't know this was possible), also can't stand large crowds, and alot of heat. (I kinda hope this will be ok since we're going in Febraury). He hasn't seen any Disney movies, and knows nothing about any of the rides, parks and resorts. He asked me if Disney world was like an amusment park where you could see it all in one day. :rotfl: He has alot to learn. He's outgoing, funny and loves to try anything once. Kind of a dare devil too.

Yeah. Thats all I got right now. There will be more to come! :banana:

Ok so it's been a couple days since my last post, and well things have changed (Like that wasn't bound to happen anyways:rotfl2:). I had to talk to Jake more about the trip seeing as he is paying for it too. I was still stuck on whether we were going to do QSDP or DDP, and which Resort we're going to stay at.

QSDP vs. DDP

Of course the first thing he asked was "How much do they cost?". I need to break that boy of his needing to take the cheaper thing all the time.
Me: Well the QSDP is cheaper by $100 or so.
Jake: Go with that one then.
Me: Do you even know what they are?!
Jake: No... Thats why your planning this. (I swear.. :laughing:)

So I go over each plan with him and explain what they are. And basically the only thing he got out of it was, "I get a free refillable mug on the QSDP?! Jackpot!!". So needless to say after our talk I went online and checked out menus and did some research. And decided that we will be doing the QSDP for a couple reasons.

1. The free mug. Jake won't stop talking about this.
2. We can eat whenever we want and don't have to plan the day around the meals.
3. Jake gets antsy sitting inside for too long, if there's daylight he wants to be in it.
4. I've been to the majortiy of the restaurants and think it's time for a break.

Which Resort

So for the first bit I wanted to go to POFQ by the suggestion of people on this great message board. It wasn't out of our price range and just looked very nice. While Jake wanted something cheap as "We're only going to sleep and drink there".

I decided to show him pictures from POFQ agaisnt pictures of POP. He came to the conclusion that POP was too colourful ( I swear he just likes to make things difficult :rotfl:) and POFQ was nice, but didn't scream Disney to him.

So I began searching around. I looked high and low for the best resort and you know what I came up with? All Star Sports. I love almost every sport, besides basketball, and Jake likes Baseball. Perfect. I'll try to get us a room in the Homerun Hotel, maybe with a king bed.

I pulled him up to the computer again to show pictures. Took one look at the Homerun hotel and said "Finally you found something worth staying at, I knew letting you be in charge of planning was a good idea". :rolleyes: Yeah ok buddy. Like you would have planned this yourself.

So all in all things are coming along. We have a Resort, and a Meal plan.

Next on the agenda, according to Jake, is finding out all the good beers for this "Beers around the World" I talk about.

Cheers!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter