• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Frontera Cocina or Wine Bar George for lunch on first day?

LuvTigger

DIS Veteran
On my transition day from Universal to WDW, I'm planning to go to Disney Springs to shop and have lunch.

I'm torn between Frontera Cocina and Wine Bar George, which both look great and appeal to me in different ways. Any thoughts or advice on which one to choose?

Frontera has been excellent every time we’ve been - food and drinks are fantastic, and we have always had great service as well!

Wine Bar George was fantastic and has by far the best wine list on property. I dont eat Mexican food so I cant help you on that one.

Frontera has a relaxed but festive atmosphere at lunch, I would probably choose that one. I haven't been to Wine Bar George yet, but the menu appeals to me more for happy hour or dinner.

I'm local and go to Disney Springs often. I don't think you can go wrong with either place. I have eaten at Frontera, and it was really good! I haven't eaten at Wine Bar George, but i have heard good things about it.

Which appeals to you more, wine or margaritas?

Which appeals to you more, wine or margaritas?

Wine -- if the beverages were the only factor -- but since it's lunch, the food is more my focus. Although looking at the reviews, it looks like the margaritas at Frontera are good!

Thanks everyone -- your input is helpful, and helped guide me to a decision of sticking with Frontera for lunch (I'm from Hawaii where we don't have a lot of good Mexican food options), but will try to do Wine Bar George for a nightcap after the parks one night.

I can only speak of Frontera Cocina. I've been twice and the food and service were great each time. The bacon guac was delicious, as were the enchiladas. My mom does not eat Mexican and really enjoyed the food here too and is looking forward to our return.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter