Frontier Airline

We just got back from Vegas and flew Frontier. The seats are horrible, like a cheap lawn chairs and no leg room, my knees where in the seat in front of me I'm 5'7". We paid almost a additional 300.00 round trip to pick our seats, 1 checked bag & 1 carry on each. They charge for snacks, drinks, 2 cokes and a small Pringles and a bag of Chex Mix was 10.00. No pillows or blankets offered. No TV or Movies. We were asked by other passengers to give up our seats so that they could sit together with kids. Nope we paid for our seat, sorry...

The ground crew and in flight crew where really nice, and the flight itself was great.

I would consider then for a flight less than 2 hours. Any longer absolutely not.

We were asked by other passengers to give up our seats so that they could sit together with kids. Nope we paid for our seat, sorry...

On our flight back home from Dallas this past Jan, there was a 18'ish mo baby strapped into a car seat behind us. The dad was just kind of hanging out in the seats. When a couple showed up who had the other two seats next to the baby, the dad starts telling the people where he is seated and that the baby will be fine with her pacifier and if they need him, here is where he'll be. I was just sitting and listening like :eek: The couple ended up splitting up to give the guy one of their seats but oh my goodness, who buys seats on a flight where you cannot sit with your baby!?!?! And yes, on a flight where people have paid extra for certain seats, you are asking a lot for people to switch seats.

My aunt was recently flying out to see us leaving from mco and she got bumped from her flight because too many people had checked in before her and they had oversold the flight. The soonest one out was the next day and the staff did nothing more than shrug and say sorry we can get you on first thing in the monring. She wasn't late for her flight and was actually a little bit early. So yes, be aware of these things when booking, especially if you are travelling with a family.

Did your aunt get compensated? If they oversold the flight, the airlines are required by law to give the passenger 400% the price of the airfare on a check since she was over 2 hours late.

FYI, Do not go for the credit as that gives up your right for them to give you cash.

Did your aunt get compensated? If they oversold the flight, the airlines are required by law to give the passenger 400% the price of the airfare on a check since she was over 2 hours late.

FYI, Do not go for the credit as that gives up your right for them to give you cash.
Nope, nothing. They told her the best they could do was out her on a flight the first thing the next morning, which they did. No compensation whatsoever. In light of recent events with other airlibes, I'm sure this wouldn't be the case now if it happened. They just shrugged their shoulders at her and pretty much told her that's how it was. Horrible customer service!

Nope, nothing. They told her the best they could do was out her on a flight the first thing the next morning, which they did. No compensation whatsoever. In light of recent events with other airlibes, I'm sure this wouldn't be the case now if it happened. They just shrugged their shoulders at her and pretty much told her that's how it was. Horrible customer service!

That is awful. We at least got $100 flight vouchers for our 8+ hour delay. But I agree. The customer service was just horrible. There were lots of people with young children and babies. There was no one to ask questions of, no information being given out as to *when* we might actually get out and once on the plane, the flight attendants never said a single word about it ! Just nothing. They acted like we all hadn't been sitting at the airport for 10 hours wondering what the heck was going on. So, I totally believe you that they just shrugged their shoulders at your aunt.

Let me share my experience. I flew them a couple years ago to Vegas with no issues.

We booked them to WDW for our May-June trip this year. Got $190 pp RT direct plus 1 bag each ($60RT)...so $250 each from Kansas City to Orlando. We were looking to avoid the 22+ hour drive, but with 6 of us, $400-600 on other airlines wasn't cutting it. It meant taking half a day off of our last teacher work day of the school year, but could manage that. We live in Lincoln NE.

6-8 weeks later get email that our itinerary has changed. We are no longer direct, no longer an evening flight but now an after noon flight, connecting through Denver to a RED EYE. (with an 8 hour layover) WHAT??!! I dig a little, & find an evening flight out of Omaha for the same price as the KC-Denver leg, to connect to same red eye. Not ideal. But these changes are HORRID--we could drive in that amount of time for far less $.

Frontier would make that change--for $600 more! WHAT? I said it was THEIR fault, I was giving them a simple cost free to save a sale & keep me from venting all over social media...They refused. So I cancelled, vented all over social media & said we'll drive.

We love SWA (and I dealt with them on another issue that week & they just say YES YES YES to almost everything you ask!!) but flights are killer to Orlando.

We were thrilled to find Allegiant direct from Orlando to Omaha for $50pp more. We have flown them many times to Vegas with no issues--tho realize we could have same crap with them. It gets us in Thurs. afternoon instead of 10PM so that is nice.

It's a crapshoot--but one bad incident sure sours a person.

On our flight back home from Dallas this past Jan, there was a 18'ish mo baby strapped into a car seat behind us. The dad was just kind of hanging out in the seats. When a couple showed up who had the other two seats next to the baby, the dad starts telling the people where he is seated and that the baby will be fine with her pacifier and if they need him, here is where he'll be. I was just sitting and listening like :eek: The couple ended up splitting up to give the guy one of their seats but oh my goodness, who buys seats on a flight where you cannot sit with your baby!?!?! And yes, on a flight where people have paid extra for certain seats, you are asking a lot for people to switch seats.

The kids were middle school age and up, and they were sitting across the aisle in 3 different rows. The dad probably knew what he was doing, he basically got what he wanted without having to pay for it. What kind of parent does this..disgraceful.

The kids were middle school age and up, and they were sitting across the aisle in 3 different rows on our flight. The dad probably knew what he was doing, he basically got what he wanted without having to pay for it. What kind of parent does this..disgraceful.

The only thing I can add to the PPs is that their seats do not recline, and the padding is thin. Other than that, we have used them several times without an issue. We avoid Frontier in the winter, just in case of weather cancellations.

The one thing I LIKE is the non reclining seats. No one ever thinks about what that does to the person behind them. When someone in front of me reclines I hate it, I try to be courteous and never recline, out of respect of the lack of personal space to the person behind me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter