Frontier Airlines

jazmyin

Mouseketeer
We (my 18 yo DS) and I booked a great deal from Philadelphia to Orlando for a week vacation the end of Jan. Our flight is super early, leaves at 5:30am but was to go of a deal to pass up. I know this airline does not participate with Rac however would like feed back from anyone that has used Frontier before.
Thanks!

We (my 18 yo DS) and I booked a great deal from Philadelphia to Orlando for a week vacation the end of Jan. Our flight is super early, leaves at 5:30am but was to go of a deal to pass up. I know this airline does not participate with Rac however would like feed back from anyone that has used Frontier before.
Thanks!

I am taking this flight also at the end of January. Praying for good weather. Just be sure you know the rules about baggage and fees. They make money from people who are unaware of the fees until they get to the airport and realize they have to pay $50 for a carry on.

I have a particular CME meeting that I attend every year. I had taken Frontier because it changes planes in Denver instead of DFW. I have had issues with DFW and short layovers and delayed incoming flights. I am flying from IND to SNA. Frontier has been OK in the past. Some of my most interesting stories involve this particular trip. However, this year, I discovered that there were no return flights scheduled for April for the SNA-IND route. There are flights from SNA to DEN, of course, and flights from DEN to IND, which is the same as I've done in the past. So, this year, I am taking Southwest. Well, Southwest has already changed the flight time. For some unknown reason, flights were twice as expensive on the day I wanted to travel as on the day before. Not sure why. I am traveling the Monday after Easter, and wanted to leave the Tuesday after Easter, so, my trip is 1 day longer, because the meeting starts Wednesday. The bottom line, I don't see much difference between Southwest and Frontier, except with Frontier, I had assigned seats.

Check your reservation every day.

I had a trip for this coming weekend and this past Sunday less than a week from my trip, I discovered my return flight was cancelled. Mind you I had looked at my reservation just last week on Thurs during my lunch because I need to book seats and my reservation was fine. But on Sunday - just two days later when I finally decided to pay for my seats is when I discovered what they had done.

Since there as not another flight that day they moved me to the next days flight schedule.

I received no notification from Frontier that this had occurred. I called and was so mad. They refunded my money and gave us a $50 a piece voucher only after I flamed them on facebook about what they had done.

I was smart when I booked my trip and I booked a return flight on SWA using my point just in case something happened to my Frontier flight. I am so glad I did this move.

So you have been warned to look everyday at your reservation.

Last month my sister flight out of DFW was 5 1/2 hours delayed because the pilots had been flying too long and by law were not allowed to continue flying so they were forced to wait for another set of pilots to arrive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter