Frontier Airlines

But that is the thing, they can’t get you on tomorrows flight…. Usually, when they cancel a flight it is 2 to 4 days….
Depends where you’re flying from and when. There are times in the year when there’s one flight a day or every other day or twice a week. Then there are times there are three flights per day. I just checked, and if my flight gets cancelled, there’s a later flight that day that still has tickets and three flights with seats available the next day. Only 1 direct flight per day, but still flights that will get me there.

Once September hits, there are no flights to my airport after Labor Day until very limited flights resume in October. The risk varies considerably.

Note that starting from some time last year no matter what,
1) their personal item sizer is smaller than advertised;
2) it does not matter if your personal item fits or not, some gate agents always make you pay $99, and you cannot do anything about it.
So consider adding $99 per segment for your flight.

Flew Frontier round trip last Friday. Yeah, it was a crazy long day, but the Dole Whip float was excellent!

Early morning flight from ISP. Left on time and got in early. I checked in late and got an exit row seat - yay!

There was a ISP gate agent standing near a sizer a few feet from the gate agent scanning tickets to board. I noticed people pushing their personal items into the sizer, and that was allowed. I had a small backpack and was not asked to check. Gate agent verified that a woman with a roller suitcase had paid for it, and she had. Overall a very orderly process.

Late flight from MCO. Delayed over an hour. Gate moved. Two other flights leaving from nearby gates; another was also delayed awaiting the incoming plane. Lots of people in a small area. There was a gate agent in a high-vis vest who seemed really into checking personal item sizes for my flight. I saw a guy with an overstuffed backpack not able to jam it in, open it up and start handing off items to others in his party. Then the high-vis vest guy got pulled into a conversation with some other gate agents, and the backpack guy just zipped up his bag and walked onto the plane. Then there were several others who walked on with bags that probably wouldn’t have fit in the sizer, and two women with both a backpack and a purse each. High-vis vest guy did break away from his conversation to bring back a man blatantly walking through with an orange wheelie bag, but basically gave up on the rest of the line.

My take is that MCO is more stringent than some other airports, but even there, enforcement is variable. You’re more likely to have your bag checked strictly if you have an on time flight than if it’s pushing midnight and the agents run out of cares to give.

Flights are posted now and it’s $141 round trip Frontier vs $441 SWA so dealbreaker with 6 people.
We had no issues on our flight with them last year.

Flights are posted now and it’s $141 round trip Frontier vs $441 SWA so dealbreaker with 6 people.
We had no issues on our flight with them last year.
i just boooed, even with 1 checked luggage less than $200 rt. I'm ok with no snacks, schedule changes etc, plus 15 min to airport vs 50.

they did just change flight times for my Oct trip but I was able to switch days

not sure I'd fly them cross country but NJ to Fl is fine!

Just throwing in my opinion on Frontier...I love them. Just purchased round trip flights for 8/19 from Grand Rapids to Orlando for $52(you save about $20 for each flight if you purchase tickets at the airport). Its a direct flight and honestly I have flown Frontier atleast a dozen times and have really never had any issues.

I have pieces of luggage I have purposefully bought that stays within the dimensions that Frontier allows for their personal items, recently I got some amazing luggage from a company called Take Off Luggage, its a company I think here in Detroit. Luggage has wheels that can be removed and so you get the benefit of a full underseat piece of luggage and then once you get on or off the plane, you can remove or put the wheels back on, totally worth the investment. Additionally, it is hard sided so you don't have to deal with bulging of the suitcase. Last time I flew I was definitely asked to check the size of my luggage and it slipped right in like butter!

To me, Frontier is just the vehicle that will take me to Disney World in less than 3 hours so the price I can get for the flight far outweighs how comfortable I am in the seat. Rather spend that $$ on food or a nicer hotel.

If the airline is never delayed or cancelled due to maintenance issues, that’s when I would be concerned about the airline.
Weather and air traffic control issues affect every airline.
Comfort and price are on the customers preference.

Source: A Captain for a major Airline.

They just released a notice that you have to be checked in/bags handed off 1 HOUR before your flight. Just an FYI!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter