Frozen castle lighting on party nights

PJ

Mouseketeer
This may be a dumb question but I want to be sure since I'm checking for someone else: since the lighting is at 6:15 and closing is at 6, I assume you have to leave b4 the lighting if you don't have party tickets?

I have no personal experience with this but people here have said that you can mill around and watch the castle lighting. But don’t try to buy food, ride rides after 6pm.
Someone suggested trying to be far from the front gate at 6pm when they start to usher people out.

I think it was close to 6:30 as we were making our way out of the park from Pirates and we stopped to watch the tail end of the show and saw the castle lighting. There were many people around watching, I am sure a lot of them were on their way out as well.

Anyone can stay to watch the 6:15pm castle lighting. You can’t ride rides after 6, but the 6-7 time is meant to be an orderly time to finish up whatever you are doing and start making your way out of the park. The true active “park clearing” you see with the parties happens at more like 7pm.

MANY were there on my visit. Made for 2 very crowded shows for the party group. Side note - best viewing is going to be where you have a full view of the castle and the forecourt stage.

Thanks for the quick replies! We've never done it on a party night and didnt want to give our friends bad information.

First castle lighting is for everyone.
Party doesn't technically start until 7pm.
It would be like the equivalent of say Jingle Bell Jingle Bam at Hollywood Studios. Park closes at 8pm but that is when Fantasmic is so they have JBJB at 8:30pm. Everyone is allowed to watch it.

MANY were there on my visit. Made for 2 very crowded shows for the party group. Side note - best viewing is going to be where you have a full view of the castle and the forecourt stage.

Was the 8:15 show significantly less crowded, without the non-party guests?

Was the 8:15 show significantly less crowded, without the non-party guests?
No - it is right after the first castle stage shows so the hub is packed to the point where you can't move. I would suggest doing the 6:15 before the party starts (with the exception of if you are trying to get a M&G character with a long line). In hindsight, I would have done that - gone to see the Tomorrowland shows, rides, treats and M&G until about 30 minutes before Wishes and then go back there for the fireworks. Watch the second parade and catch the last castle show (not crowded at all).

The hub was deadlocked from about 7:15pm until after the first parade.

No - it is right after the first castle stage shows so the hub is packed to the point where you can't move. I would suggest doing the 6:15 before the party starts (with the exception of if you are trying to get a M&G character with a long line). In hindsight, I would have done that - gone to see the Tomorrowland shows, rides, treats and M&G until about 30 minutes before Wishes and then go back there for the fireworks. Watch the second parade and catch the last castle show (not crowded at all).

The hub was deadlocked from about 7:15pm until after the first parade.

I am hoping for a decent view on our arrival day next Friday. My niece has never been to Disney, so we plan to spend a few hours in MK before dinner at Kona. I thought that seeing the Castle lighting would be a nice way to end her first day in a Disney park, but I was not sure if we all would be up to a mob. We don't mind seeing it from further down Main Street nearer to the Tree.

There's no real need to be close to the castle unless you want to see the little show, that for me, goes on a little too long.
If all you want to see us the actual effect of the castle lighting then you're fine anywhere on main street, probably best around the casey/ plaza distance

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter