• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Frozen questions

Mwj

Earning My Ears
Okay so I'm a 16 year old guy and I like frozen, is that normal?.
And A question about the movie, did Elsa and Anna like never talk or see each other before the coronation? Even after the 3 years after there parents died? Cause that would be sad

Frozen is a great story and very well animated into an fantastic film. Don't worry about what others think of you for liking it. What is it about the movie that you liked? Some people see different things in a movie than others. A great thread on this is the one below " Did our family see a different Frozen than everyone else?" In that thread you will see how some poeple interpreted scenes in different ways according to their own worldview and experiences. Just as a for instance, there is lots of talk about the theme of sisterly love and female empowerment and not needing a prince to rescue the princess. Others saw it as showing that true love is not defined by a kiss, but my sacrifice for the other. (Sven sacrifices for Kristoff, kristoff for Anna, Anna for Elsa, and Olaf for Anna/Kristoff.) Anyway, read that thread, think about the movie, write us what you think, and enjoy whatever movies you like.

I agree with pp, don't worry about what others think. If you liked the movie then you liked the movie. Me & Dh are late twenties/early thirties and saw the movie twice at the cinema. We both liked Frozen and I've found a lot of adults without children loved the film. It's definitely normal for a 16 year old lad to like the film and if it's not then being normal is overrated lol :thumbsup2

Also, about the contact between the sisters, there is a deleted scene on youtube showing the sisters joking in a dressing room before the coronation, picking out dresses together, so the writers thought about showing some contact between the sisters. Seems that they wanted to show that the sisters grew up in 2 very different environments; Elsa in a self-imposed isolation and Anna in a imposed isolation. The king said they would "reduce the staff" and LIMIT Elsa's contact with others, including Anna. Limit, not eliminate. So we can assume there was some contact, but the actual amount is not important to the story, olny that is was limited. This limited conact with others, I believe, is what the writers use to lead to Anna's romantisizing the world and identifying with the paintings on the walls (remember in the song she starts taking to them and then later putting herself into the romantic pantings as the center of attention.) She is starved for attention and so when someone (Hans) shows her attention, she overreacts and thinks it must be true love...

I agree with pp, don't worry about what others think. If you liked the movie then you liked the movie. Me & Dh are late twenties/early thirties and saw the movie twice at the cinema. We both liked Frozen and I've found a lot of adults without children loved the film. It's definitely normal for a 16 year old lad to like the film and if it's not then being normal is overrated lol :thumbsup2

:goodvibes

Thanks for the the answers about me liking it what I liked about it most was Elsa and Anna s, and I see what you mean about limiting contact with Elsa and Anna but I really think the should have had just a little more contact because it was so sad looking back at it even though it had a happy ending

Okay so I'm a 16 year old guy and I like frozen, is that normal?.
And A question about the movie, did Elsa and Anna like never talk or see each other before the coronation? Even after the 3 years after there parents died? Cause that would be sad

Also, about the contact between the sisters, there is a deleted scene on youtube showing the sisters joking in a dressing room before the coronation, picking out dresses together, so the writers thought about showing some contact between the sisters. Seems that they wanted to show that the sisters grew up in 2 very different environments; Elsa in a self-imposed isolation and Anna in a imposed isolation. The king said they would "reduce the staff" and LIMIT Elsa's contact with others, including Anna. Limit, not eliminate. So we can assume there was some contact, but the actual amount is not important to the story, olny that is was limited. This limited conact with others, I believe, is what the writers use to lead to Anna's romantisizing the world and identifying with the paintings on the walls (remember in the song she starts taking to them and then later putting herself into the romantic pantings as the center of attention.) She is starved for attention and so when someone (Hans) shows her attention, she overreacts and thinks it must be true love...

What Beacher425 said. :thumbsup2

By the way, I am a 54 year old happily married father of two adult children that has been going nuts over Frozen since last October. I've watched videos online, took my wife, took my kids, and took a bunch of kids from church.

Your normal. There have been tons of reports of this movie being popular across all demographics - ages and male female. People say it is about sisterhood, but really it can be about any family or any two people that love each other. It is about fear versus love, unconditional love, and self sacrifice. Everybody can appreciate those themes. And a summer loving snowman doesn't hurt. :)

Thanks for the the answers about me liking it what I liked about it most was Elsa and Anna s, and I see what you mean about limiting contact with Elsa and Anna but I really think the should have had just a little more contact because it was so sad looking back at it even though it had a happy ending

There would have been interaction but limited. Elsa was afraid of harming Anna so anytime they were together Elsa was probably rather formal. Anna wants to play and be best buddies. They may have spent lots of time together with a tutor and doing other things, but Anna longed for the friendship, closeness, and play. Elsa could not give this because she had to be so careful and reserved around others. So they had a relationship but not the close one in their off hours that Anna wanted as mentioned in the song, "Do you want to build a snowman?" where Anna wants to play, ride bikes and have adventure, all things Elsa probably would be afraid to do.

And even after their parents did not come back, Elsa would still be afraid of causing harm so their interactions, the funeral, etc., Elsa would have been formal. You can imagine Elsa being just like at the coronation and ball. Very reserved.

Thanks for that explanation it makes me feel a lot happier knowing that they got to see each other just not do anything fun

it's perfectly normal. i'm 24 year old guy and i watched it with another guy and a girl about my age. we all love it. that's the magic of disney movies, i dare say everyone can find something enjoyable in each disney movie. :)

Thank you so much I totally Agree with that everyone can find something to like in a Disney movie :) Anyone ells out there who can't stop listening to 'Let It Go'?

I didn't think they had any contact at all I mean look how shy Anna is just saying hi to Elsa at coronation if they did wonder why they didn't put it in the movie?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter