Frozen Support Group

ReeceRN

Earning My Ears
I am starting this thread for my poor, defenseless comrades who suffer from the same illness my wife and I do. We have uncontrollable "Frozen Tourrets".

My daughter cannot knock on a door without someone blurting out "Do you want to build a snowman"! We are plagued when someone gives the advice of "let it go", for we are struck with the inability to stop ourselves from singing AT LEAST one verse of Elsa's mountaintop serenade.

Please, my fellow parents, share your stories of struggle here. I hope that someone finds solice here in knowing, my friends, you are not alone.

*DISCLAIMER*
As a medical professional I understand the seriousness of any neurological illness, and this thread is NOT intended to make fun of anyone who may have Tourettes. Please take ANYTHING and EVERYTHING
posted here lighty, and always remember, ITS JUST A JOKE. Plain and simple.

I definitely qualify! It really hit me when my 2nd grader did a project on Moms favorite things for Morher's Day at school. There were questions and she had to fill in the blank:
My mom loves to: sing Frozen songs
My moms favorite movie is: Frozen
My moms hobby is: Asking my daddy if we can go back to Disney World
I wish my mom: would watch a different movie sometimes. I get tired of Frozen.

It was pretty fun but made me realize that I might have a problem.....

Lol!! Im tellin ya, its contagious. Disney hit a musical grand slam with this one!

Frozen is now my favorite Disney animated film in the princess: "Princess" category of course as the "Toy Story" series will always be #1 for me. Surprisingly, but at the same time, not too surprising, it is almost impossible to find much Frozen merchandise, even from Disney themselves. Frozen wasn't marketed as well as it should have been but I don't think Disney expected the kind of fanatical popularity for the film and particularly for the lead character, Elsa that has pixiedust:materialized. Even I, a woman in my 50s, would line up to meet Elsa. :cool1: To say they haven't exactly capitalized on this blockbuster would be an understatement and they are just now scrambling to do so. What's next for Frozen? Well, a Broadway musical is practically a sure bet and a theme park project seems almost inevitable.

Oh I agree totally. Disney was completely caught off guard by Frozen's popularity. I think they are trying to play catch-up though. I try to listen to the podcasts every week and every week there are new stories related to the movie, or merchandise, or where Anna And Elsa are going to be in the parks. My daugter just turned 5 and, of course, she wanted a Frozen party. But finding party supplies and gifts related to Frozen is tough!

Hi, everyone, my name's Tim and I am a Disney and Frozen addict. Love the movie and my poor wife is patient with me.

How bad am I? I went to see it 4 times in theaters and took a bunch of kids. Then, after it came out on Blu-ray, I had a big party in my home theater with over 40 people - mostly kids. Of course I had to buy posters, toys, and decorations for the party. (Wife shakes her head, rolls her eyes, and smiles. [She's a keeper.])

I found therapy to help: I focused on Maleficent which I love, too!

I'm not a parent, but I still managed to become addicted to Frozen. I actually saw it twice in theaters, once in English before I left to study abroad, and then once in German when I got here to Germany. I also have the "Let it Go in 25 Languages" almost completely memorized.

I definitely qualify! It really hit me when my 2nd grader did a project on Moms favorite things for Morher's Day at school. There were questions and she had to fill in the blank:
My mom loves to: sing Frozen songs
My moms favorite movie is: Frozen
My moms hobby is: Asking my daddy if we can go back to Disney World
I wish my mom: would watch a different movie sometimes. I get tired of Frozen.

It was pretty fun but made me realize that I might have a problem.....

This made me smile for some reason! :) What an adorable kid :)

FMAfan said:
I'm not a parent, but I still managed to become addicted to Frozen. I actually saw it twice in theaters, once in English before I left to study abroad, and then once in German when I got here to Germany. I also have the "Let it Go in 25 Languages" almost completely memorized.

Now that, my friends, is impressive!!!

Yellowstonetim said:
Hi, everyone, my name's Tim and I am a Disney and Frozen addict. Love the movie and my poor wife is patient with me.

How bad am I? I went to see it 4 times in theaters and took a bunch of kids. Then, after it came out on Blu-ray, I had a big party in my home theater with over 40 people - mostly kids. Of course I had to buy posters, toys, and decorations for the party. (Wife shakes her head, rolls her eyes, and smiles. [She's a keeper.])

I found therapy to help: I focused on Maleficent which I love, too!

I have found The Lego Movie helps! Spaceship!!!

Pirateprincess626 said:
:rotfl2::rotfl2: I won't lie. I have been know to look at my husband and say "do you want to build a snowman" or "whoohoo big summer blow out" in stores.

Lol! Oh we can't say "let it go" at work without 5 people bursting into song! We traveled to the coast this weekend with my daughter watching Frozen. I can just about quote the entire movie! I think I have all the Kristoff/Sven parts down!!

Count me in. Too scared to tell my coworkers about my addiction. I bought an Olaf t-shirt for myself from the junior's section (WAY past that age!) Random singing of Do You Want to Build a Snowman also. But the worst...our A&E fastpass is totally for me.

I have frozen blankets, pillows, sheets, purses, bows, collectable dolls, anything with frozen......and I have an anna and elsa tattoo :]

Ever watch the movie Titanic ?
The two gentlemen playing against Leonardo at the beginning of the movie where named "Olaf" and "Sven.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Not a parent by any means nor will I ever be but i'm addicted to Frozen as well! I've ask people Do you wanna build a snowman and I draw Frozen pictures a lot. I even play Elsa and Anna in my sims games!

I have a 2 yr old grandson and when he has a major diaper incident, I can't stop myself from saying "big summer blow out." (Even in the winter)

Absolutely all sunscreen is "of my own invention."

And if I'm waiting for someone too long, I tick tock my feet and make the ticking noise like Anna.

Everyone is at risk of being referred to as a love expert.

And many more.

Still! In 2018!

On top of that, my grandson is completely crazy over Cars 1 and 3 (we were never into it before he came along) so now the whole family is quoting that too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter