Frozen themed dinner in the MDRs.....what happens during the dinner?

luv2sleep

DIS Veteran
We are on an excursion that will have us missing dinner but not the Frozen deck party. We will make the deck party but the excursion doesn't get us back until 6pm that night so we will miss dinner (we have the main seating). Is there a show during the actual dinner like there has been on Pirate night or other nights?

We are on an excursion that will have us missing dinner but not the Frozen deck party. We will make the deck party but the excursion doesn't get us back until 6pm that night so we will miss dinner (we have the main seating). Is there a show during the actual dinner like there has been on Pirate night or other nights?
I don't recall a show in the dining rooms for Pirate night.

Maybe I am remembering wrong? I thought they dressed up and stuff?
Well, in the past, the servers had a pirate themed costume they wore. But I believe I read that they don't do that so much anymore. (could be wrong about that) And there's a Pirate themed menu (except on 3 night cruises). In Animator's the pictures on the wall are more pirate themed than usual, but it's not really a show.

It's just a different dinner menu and each guest gets a light-up snow flake for the party. I don't remember any dinner show.

and the "Conga Line / Limbo" during dinner on Pirate Night ....

Freezing the Night Away - I honestly don't remember anything special at dinner :sad2: BUT Also, since you are returning at 6pm, the night before you should let your servers know about your excursion and ask their opinion about coming to dinner late (they WILL say that it's ok, but press them). And that is if you feel comfortable coming in from the excursion and heading straight to the dining room.

Don't know when or where you are going, but for us, SOME excursions I would feel OK with going right to the MDR (Rome it is expected), others -- NOT NOT NOT so much - gotta have a shower before going out in public.

and the "Conga Line / Limbo" during dinner on Pirate Night ....

Wait, when and where does that happen?? Never experienced that - and other than the Magic in Feb since it was a 4-night and my first time on her I am not a "go to Palo on Pirate Night" girl.

Wait, when and where does that happen?? Never experienced that - and other than the Magic in Feb since it was a 4-night and my first time on her I am not a "go to Palo on Pirate Night" girl.
My experience, not all Pirate nights have the conga line/limbo bar thing. Most do, however.

From Frozen to Pirates .... :teeth:
In the "middle of dinner" Usually between Main Course and Dessert (I Think!) - The serving teams all "disappear" right before serving Dessert - Like in Animators and before the "Parade of Countries" on your last night's dinner ('Till We Meet Again), then reappear. The head servers in the past have carried Pirate Flags leading the procession, everyone waves their pirate bandannas (or napkins), your servers encourage you to join the line and then "limbo"

NOT THE BEST PICTURES --- None of my cameras have done well in lower lighting situations - when people are MOVING!!
P1010349.JPG P1010350.JPG P1010353.JPG P1010349.JPG

From Frozen to Pirates .... :teeth:
In the "middle of dinner" Usually between Main Course and Dessert (I Think!) - The serving teams all "disappear" right before serving Dessert - Like in Animators and before the "Parade of Countries" on your last night's dinner ('Till We Meet Again), then reappear. The head servers in the past have carried Pirate Flags leading the procession, everyone waves their pirate bandannas (or napkins), your servers encourage you to join the line and then "limbo"

NOT THE BEST PICTURES --- None of my cameras have done well in lower lighting situations - when people are MOVING!!
View attachment 231974 View attachment 231977 View attachment 231978 View attachment 231974

Wow! I have never seen this!! Maybe because I am usually in AP??

Yes! That's what I was talking about! To me that's a mini show. So on Frozen night they don't do anything like what's in the above pictures?

Yes! That's what I was talking about! To me that's a mini show. So on Frozen night they don't do anything like what's in the above pictures?

No, there's nothing special on Frozen night. A lot of people don't like the menu, but it was actually one of our favorites in Alaska.

2015 Magic cruise there was nothing happening during our Frozen themed dinner. I loved the costume the head servers are wearing that evening though. Looked like Kristof's outfit.

I have seen the Pirate Night show on the Wonder, but never on the Fantasy. Could be something they only do on the classics?

I witnessed that congo line with the pirate flag in one of the MDRs one time, I can't remember what ship it was, I want to say the Wonder in 2015, maybe in Parrot Key? I remember a congo line in AP too but perhaps I'm wrong.

I don't recall them doing the limbo/pirate thing at dinner the last couple of times we cruised. I don't know if it was just our cruise or if they just don't do it anymore. They definitely didn't do it for the Frozen party night (which we had instead of pirates on the Baltic cruise).

The Frozen menu we had in the Baltics has my absolute favourite menu item on it - Elsa's Coranation Scallops, as an appetiser. Yum! So you would miss that.

No dinner show on Frozen night. The servers did have on their 'frozen' vests to go with the theme, but that's it. The glowing snowflake necklaces will be in your room after the stateroom host comes by that day.
8-11DSCN0920.JPG

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter