Frozen!!!

rymahoney

DIS Veteran
Took my wife and daughter to an early preview of frozen tonight! Great movie. From a dad's perspective the best modern Disney movie. Brave and tangled are my seconds. Hope everyone takes there kids to see it. I prolly posted this in wrong place sorry.

It's probably on par with Brave, but I thought Tangled was a much better story, better told and definitely better music.

My kids and I went tonight too and we all loved it. I am like the OP in I can't decide which movie (between Tangled and Brave) I like more :goodvibes. OP, did you see the short before the movie started? I was really impressed by that too.

Will boys enjoy it? Or is it more like the princess movies?

There weren't many people in the showing I went to tonight, but there were a three boy ranging in age from 4 to 8 or maybe 9 and I heard them laughing throughout the movie. Thy seemed to enjoy it.

I've moved this thread to the Disney Movies, Books, TV and Music board. :)

Between the three princess movies released recently, I would put it as #1, Tangled as #2 and Brave way at the bottom of my list- sorry, I hated Brave.

I loved the music of this movie and haven't been able to get it out of my head all day. Plus, it was funny.

I liked it. Agreed its not in my top 5 favorite movies, but I really enjoyed the movie.

Will boys enjoy it? Or is it more like the princess movies?

There's a lot of action sequences, enough that I think it detracted from the storytelling. There are 2 princesses, but I wouldn't call it a "princess movie."

It's probably on par with Brave, but I thought Tangled was a much better story, better told and definitely better music.

I saw it last night and I do agree with you that Tangled had better music. The opening song to Frozen was good, I really liked For the First Time in Forever, and I loved Let It Go... I can't stop listening to it. All the other songs are just meh.

I just got back from it. It was beautiful but the music was lacking. Tangled was much better. Then again I thought Tangled had weak music the firat time I saw it but it grew on me. Where's Alan Maenkin when you need him?

I did enjoy the story though. The surprise might have been TOO much of one from a dramatic point of view. Spoiler free note, there is an extra scene after the credits. Overall enjoyable, but no Tangled.

I just got back from it. It was beautiful but the music was lacking. Tangled was much better. Then again I thought Tangled had weak music the firat time I saw it but it grew on me. Where's Alan Maenkin when you need him?

I did enjoy the story though. The surprise might have been TOO much of one from a dramatic point of view. Spoiler free note, there is an extra scene after the credits. Overall enjoyable, but no Tangled.

Also, before you get to the clip after the credits, there is a disclaimer that is hilarious towards the end of the credits.

And I greatly disliked Tangled after watching it for free on an international flight plane, primarily fast forwarding through most of it. So if this one is worst than Tangled, I'll be skipping it for sure.

I know to each their own. But this was a great movie. I did feel they could have fleshed out the characters a bit. But the music was way better than Tangled. Tangled had good songs but every word song was great in this.

taylor3297 said:
Also, before you get to the clip after the credits, there is a disclaimer that is hilarious towards the end of the credits.

I caught that too. Hillarious! They can distance themselves...but the truths the truth. I was the only one left in the theater at that point.

I confess I was disappointed. I found the story and music weak, and the characters underdeveloped.

:thumbsup2

It was ok. Sorry but the music stunk. It maybe that movies like lion king and Beauty and the Beast have really set the bar high but this movie didn't have one song that I can see anyone humming. LOL

I loved the drawing though. animation is spectacular.

All and all it was just ok.

This one is at the bottom for me.
Tangled
Brave
Frozen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter