Frustrated searching for the right contract

collections

Mouseketeer
I bought resale BCV points 6 years ago. I have been looking for months to add-on a small resale contract that matches my use year ( December). I do feel like I check the resale companies listings often, but I keep missing that perfect contract. Do most post new listing at random times of the day?

I have called the Timeshare Store but the others have all been e-mail contact. Is it worth calling the companies?
I have the Apps on my phone for 2 of them to get alerts.

Am I missing a strategy that will help me find a listing as soon as it is listed?

I'm getting frustrated to the point of forgetting the whole idea. Suggestions appreciated!

How many points are you loo!ing for? Might be a small enough difference to consider getting the add on directly from Disney.

I'm looking for 50 to 75 points .
I did consider the possibility of direct, but with a contract that size the difference would be thousands.

When I was looking for a specific contract, I was on every reputable resale company's notification list- either text notifications, twitter and email. I checked each site first thing in the morning, after work and before bed. In the end- it did work bc I found the 2 contracts I had been looking for. Good luck.

I'm in the same boat. We already own DVC, I didn't realize trying to find a contract with the right amount of points AND use year was going to be so difficult! I've had my eye on one listing that is close in price and points to what I'm looking for, but it's through Fidelity and I'm hesitant to make an offer after hearing how difficult they can be to deal with.

I'm in the same boat. We already own DVC, I didn't realize trying to find a contract with the right amount of points AND use year was going to be so difficult! I've had my eye on one listing that is close in price and points to what I'm looking for, but it's through Fidelity and I'm hesitant to make an offer after hearing how difficult they can be to deal with.

I bought through them December 2017 and this past Spring. Positive experience both times. Used Bonnie Krampe.

Same boat here, very frustrating. We own a direct contract at BLT, 1 bedrooms have worked well for us but now that the kids are older we would like to book 2 bedrooms on each trip. So looking to add some points via resale. Found the perfect contract and unfortunately Disney felt that it was perfect for them as well, so they took it. LOL. Seems like ever since all I can find are stripped contracts for our UY. The search goes on. Good luck!!

Contracts under 100 points are always hard to find, because there are not many. Most of. Or all were add on contracts. Those contracts are in high demand. Good luck and keep searching you will find it, when you do call immediately.

Perfect example of why people who are buying direct should consider breaking up their purchase into a group of smaller contracts meeting their total point desire.

Premium on the resale market!

There is a dvc resale search engine out there that may also help, I think it just screen scrapes the major brokers, but not 100 percent sure. I would not rely on that solely but it is another option.

Good luck

I'm looking for 50 to 75 points .
I did consider the possibility of direct, but with a contract that size the difference would be thousands.
We're looking for a similarly sized Poly contract. Though the difference would be ~$6000 now between resale vs direct, we constantly ponder the direct benefits. We're a family of 3 and yes, we know that we may never be able to make up that additional expense via AP's. However, we're finding it tough to value the ability to use those points for future DVC properties, especially since future rooms will most likely cost more points than now. $6000 is a lot right now. But will it be worth more in the future?

We're looking for a similarly sized Poly contract. Though the difference would be ~$6000 now between resale vs direct, we constantly ponder the direct benefits. We're a family of 3 and yes, we know that we may never be able to make up that additional expense via AP's. However, we're finding it tough to value the ability to use those points for future DVC properties, especially since future rooms will most likely cost more points than now. $6000 is a lot right now. But will it be worth more in the future?

Poly, along with BLT, VGF, and CCV with their later end dates will make those owners rethink buying resale at their resorts, because once all of the 2042 resorts are out, the supply of rooms will be significantly lower. Also, the percentage of more desirable rooms will shrink, significantly, for the L14 membership because SSR has so many points.

Personally, because of this, if we do add-on to our VGF contracts, we would probably do it with a direct purchase, since it will probably be small 25 point add-ons. But we are also lucky that all our resale contracts are grandfathered in already (this could change though).

I bought resale BCV points 6 years ago. I have been looking for months to add-on a small resale contract that matches my use year ( December). I do feel like I check the resale companies listings often, but I keep missing that perfect contract. Do most post new listing at random times of the day?

I have called the Timeshare Store but the others have all been e-mail contact. Is it worth calling the companies?
I have the Apps on my phone for 2 of them to get alerts.

Am I missing a strategy that will help me find a listing as soon as it is listed?

I'm getting frustrated to the point of forgetting the whole idea. Suggestions appreciated!

Just checking and waiting for the right one to come up is all you can do.

I'm assuming you are short on points and have borrowed out? Have you thought about looking for a larger point transfer in of BCV points that will make up your deficit in point requirements? Might ease the frustration and give you more time for that contract to come up.

I own at VGF and want a small add on as well. Doesn’t necessarily need to be there but about 50 points. Besides small listings going fast, the premium price has led me to consider direct.

I would get my use year and many times the asking price is close to direct prices. (Ex: $190 asking price vs. $245 direct) for me, it’s worth direct on a small contract. Larger contracts no.

Poly, along with BLT, VGF, and CCV with their later end dates will make those owners rethink buying resale at their resorts, because once all of the 2042 resorts are out, the supply of rooms will be significantly lower. Also, the percentage of more desirable rooms will shrink, significantly, for the L14 membership because SSR has so many points.

Personally, because of this, if we do add-on to our VGF contracts, we would probably do it with a direct purchase, since it will probably be small 25 point add-ons. But we are also lucky that all our resale contracts are grandfathered in already (this could change though).
Right now the overwhelming points and contracts are grandfathered. By the time 2042 rolls around there could be 5+ new DVC resorts. As of now they would be grandfathered in. There is still possibility of extensions on some of the resorts. OKW is good till 2057. For WDW resorts that only leaves BCV, BWV and BRV. BCV and BRV are small having 282 and 181 rooms respectively. BWV has 532 rooms. Most likely BCV will be taken back refurbished and resold at a higher point scale. BRV is hard due to CCV, they both have the same point scale for room sizes. BRV is a perfect candidate for an extension. BWV with its size hard for DVC to take back and refurb it at the same time as BCV. That would be over 800 rooms out of service. That’s a lot of money for DVC to absorb. Not impossible, they could rent some of he rooms while they refurb them, assuming that they are still in good shape. My opinion is that BWV will also see a extension of some kind. Who knows only time will tell. DVD will also be dealing with HHI and VB. Will they just sell them or do hotel only? I don’t see DVC going back to them. Maybe by 2042 Aulani will be sold out.

I'm in the middle of a deal now with them. Also working with Bonnie as another poster mentioned. So far, nothing but a positive experience.

I've purchased through Fidelity before and they were not "difficult". They entire process was just slow. In particular, the closing company they work with (First American) just dragged things on. If you make an offer with Fidelity, just be patient. My entire process took 61 days from offer to close. Otherwise, as others have advised on this board, select your own closing agent and it will turn out faster.

If you have the time, just call and make the offer, I just worked with fidelity and they were great. I called and made an offer, everything was accepted and sent in for ROFR the next day, 2 weeks later they emailed me it passed and then said it would be 3-4 weeks before everything was fully complete. Again, time doesn’t really matter since I know we passed ROFR so 🤷🏼‍♂️

We purchased a contract thru fidelity in March, it closed in about 45 days. We used Shawn. I would definitely use them again if they had a contract I wanted!!

We did request to use Mason title (Cammy Smith) though!! I would highly recommend them as well!

If you are looking for 50-75 -- then you might want to bite the bullet and up it a little more just to ease your search. Those smaller contracts are swooped up probably as soon as they hit the market. You probably can put in back up offers too, if something is pending you might be able to call the company and put in an offer so if the first falls through.

It is like finding a unicorn to find that small points, BCV, Dec UY contract.

So you either keep waiting and just on it as soon as you see it, consider a different UY, consider more points (most owners never complain about have too many points) or you consider a different resort but same UY.

It really all depends on what you are trying to accomplish with these points.

We just bought a poly resale - it was for an every other year use so we really only needed about 80 points, but i knew this would be impossible to find, so i upped my amount to 100 points - It didn't take long to find that 100 pt Feb UY and it came with some points.

The point status of these smaller contracts is something to consider.

So you look for a 50 pt resale -- it could be stripped of 2018 & 2019 points. I'm guessing a small one would go for $160-180 per point = $8000-9000.

direct might be more appealing - you could buy any time between now and November - you will get 2018 points and you will have full 2019 points - essentially starting out with 100 points you likely wouldn't have going resale- direct cost ~$11250. Yes more money but you are getting more points, you are getting them quick and with a lot less frustration. Something to consider if your efforts of stalking the resale market fail.
And these points will be good to use at all the new resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter