frustrated with planning

2002Disneybride

Disney Bride and now a Disney Mom!
I thought I had it down...but in reviewing the new EMH in the PM, and less EMH in the AM I am stuck!

Here is our schedule...i am not thrilled with Thursday. I am thinking that the EMH PM will be super crowded and maybe not totally work going to...

Wednesday
park Arrive around 11:30. 

lunch ESPN
park MGM
Magic Kingdom
dinner @ ‘Ohana 7:10 pm
PM EMH @ MK

Thursday
EPCOT??MK??
(No EMH, originally MK had EMH)

lunch Plaza @11:50 in Magic Kingdom
Pool
AK (PM EMH)
Dinner @ Beaches n Cream
Then DTD

Friday
MGM early 1st day of Star Wars (reason we are going really)
lunch Sci Fi @ 12:45
EPCOT
dinner @ ESPN

Saturday
MGM (Early Entry)
lunch Grand Floridian Café @ 1 pm
Magic Kingdom
Dinner @ Liberty Tree Tavern 7:55 pm

Sunday
EPCOT
Beaches n Cream
Pool?
Home
:(

I am concerned that MK will be packed on Sat. and I jsut am not pleased with Thursday...Originally we were told that the NEW EMH shedule was in addition to, not instead of, the OLD EMH. But that was incorrect (darn CM's) so I have to tweak the schedule...
Mind you, this is a plan and that's it--we arent going commando since I am 7 mo pregnant.:earsgirl:
I'd appreciate hearing what you think

Saturday will indeed be crowded at MK. It always is.

I would do MK on Thursday and take Saturday off, to pack or do DTD or play mini-golf or something. Or, if you feel you MUST go into the parks, hit MK just before your dinner PS and take the afternoon at leisure.

:earsboy:

On Thursday, hit MK first thing. If you get there just before they open, the park isn't too bad, for a while.

Marie

I feel your pain! We will be there the same time as you from May 11-17 and our plans were completely screwed up by the EMH test. Here is what we decided. (I have left out our PS.)

Tues: 05/11 Arrival date/non park day

Wed: 05/12 Epcot FW (Morning Extra Magic Hour)
MK Early Afternoon (Evening Extra Magic Hour)
Wishes Nighttime Spectacular at 9:00 PM

Thurs: 05/13 MGM Morning
Epcot Afternoon/Evening
Illuminations at 9:00 PM

Fri: 05/14 MGM All Day
Fantasmic at 9:00 PM

Sat: 05/15 Animal Kingdom
MK Evening
SpectroMagic Parade at 9:00 PM

Sun: 05/16 MK Morning
The rest of the day has yet to be decided – Epcot Evening Extra Magic Hour, Beaches & Cream/Boardwalk Area, Wishes Nighttime Spectacular & Electric Water Pageant from Polynesian Resort Beach

Mon: 05/17 departure/non park day

I know the parks will probably be extremely crowded during the new EMH, but we are prepared and have decided to take advantage of some of them anyway. I was really disappointed that there were no E-Ride Nights scheduled for MK while we will be there, so we have decided to give the evening EMH a try. Another thing to keep in mind is that Sat night will be your only night to see Spectromagic. So, MK might be a good idea. That is easy for me to say though as I am not pregnant. Just something to keep in mind. Good luck! I hope you figure things out. Try not to stress too much. We were really frustrated about having to change our plans, but things worked out in the end for the most part. Just remember that you are going to WDW and you will have a great time no matter what!
:sunny:

Edit: By the way, since we will be there during the same time, be sure to keep a look out for us! We would love to meet some fellow DISers! We will have our lime green Home Depot Mickey heads with us and you can see what we look like (minus the hats)from the pic below. :wave2:

and it's not necessary. You have a plan and that's much more then most have going to WDW. You can always switch your plan depending on the crowds. Park hopping is the best.

I will say I love night time at the parks. It gives the place a whole other look. By having extra hours at that time I think you should consider yourself very lucky. This may not continue and you can be among the very few that will have this opportunity. In addition it appears you will get more hours out of this program; so, that means extra hours for the same price. You can even squeeze in a rest since park hours are extended. I think it's a wonderful opportunity; so, enjoy it.

We, too, will be at WDW from May 12-16!! It's our second mother/daughter trip. We had such a ball the last time we decided to repeat the trip! Here is our itinerary.

Wed - Travel Day - Arrive and check in CBR around noon
Epcot for afternoon and evening
No definate dinner plans

Thursday - PS Chef Mickey Breakfast
MK, take a break, and go back for the evening

Friday - Typhoon Lagoon
PS 'Ohana for dinner
MK after dinner if we want

Saturday - MGM for RnR only
Epcot for remainer of the day
DTD for dinner and shopping OR Boardwalk area (suggestions)

Sunday - Time (and tickets) to do one more thing if we need to!
Hang out by the pool
Travel home - late afternoon

As you can see, I didn't stress about EMH or anything else. There should be plenty of time to see and do what we want.

Joan

DH and I will be there May 12-15, too!!! Actually, I will be there May 12 and DH will arrive May 14. Staying at SOG.

We always say we aren't going to try to squeeze everything in, but we always do...

May 12 (Arrive solo)
PM arrival

May 13
Epcot for Flower and Garden Show
Illuminations

May 14 (DH joins me)
MK in am
Cirque at 6pm
Epcot for Illuminations (if time permits)
POR to see Piano Bob (This is always a must!)

May 15
MGM (EMH) for Star Wars
Leave for airport around 4pm

Somewhere in there I have to try to get over to DTD to try out the Earl of Sandwich.

:thewave:

That's true--I shouldn't stress about it!

At least I have an idea, right?

We are taking my brother--it's his 3rd time so I like to at least have an idea...we're all in our 20's so it's not like we have to hit every major thing!

Well, look for a roly poly pregnant woman, that will be me! I'll probably be sitting in the shade or indulging a craving!!!!

This is our last trip before our little guy arrives!!!

:wave:

Thanks again for all the posts!
JKanownik-- I have read posts by you before--I love the little picture of you and DH in your post! Too cute! (We got married 2 years ago in Disney, so I love disneymooners!!!!!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter