Ft. Wilderness Cabin w/Wheelchair ?

Deweysgirl

DIS Veteran
We are thinking of bringing my grandmother with us on our trip in October. She is in a wheelchair now due to a stroke and we'll need a cabin with wheelchair accessability. If anyone has stayed in one before, please explain if you could the set-up. We have stayed in a regular cabin many times so I wondered what the differences are.

Thanks much in advance!

Maybe bumping this up will get some answers for you.
You can also try calling the number for WDW Guests with Disabilities 1- (407) 939-7807
or TTY 1- (407) 939-7670
This is the department that handles special needs requests for the resorts.

We used the wheelchair accessable cabin when we had 2 people in our party in wheelchairs. They were not confined to wheelchairs but used them to get around the parks. The cabins seemed very much like the regular cabins except for the bathrooom. The bedroom had a double bed, bunkbeds, and basin facilities. There was also an exit door, closets etc. The bathroom was off the hallway. It had a roll in shower with shower chair, and the vanity was accessable as well. There was an open faced linen cupboard too. The living room had a loveseat, murphy bed, chairs, tv, end tables, etc. The kitchen had a table and chairs one could roll up to in a wheelchair. Also microwave oven, stove, full sized fridge, cupboards , dishes, pots and pans, sink etc. The patiodoors led to the ramped deck. The deck had a barbeque. The cabin was at the top of the road, about a 3 minute walk to the bus stop. I really can't comment on exactly how accessable the cabin was re height of bed, microwave accessability etc. I don't remember the sink being cut out for wheelchairs either. Hope this helps.

Pampam-Thank u so much for this description! It sounds like it will work out nicely. I appreciate your reply!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter