Ft Wilderness Cabin with my dog

Cjtigger

Mouseketeer
I hoping someone can help. My dog is getting a little older and we thought about taking him with us. We would stay at a cabin and then take him to Best Friends Pet Resort while we are in the parks. If you have done this please give me pros and cons.

Just for you to have all the info - my dog has separation anxiety so staying at the cabin is not an option.

He has been to Best Friends many times for our day trips.

I would assume we would have to take him in the morning and pick him up at night by using our car....then we might as well drive everywhere. Hubby prefers Disney transportation because it makes him feel like he is on vacation. I know - you can't have it all.....

Your thoughts and comments are appreciated.

A thought about the separation anxiety issue, would he be more comfortable boarded the whole time at best friends or anywhere else, so he only has to go through the separation once? Our dog also suffers from anxiety of several things, but separation is definitely one of them. She boards at our vet's when we are gone and she does well there. She given lots of love and attention, and it allows her to sort of forget about our existence until the joyous reunion when we come back.

We would stay at a cabin and then take him to Best Friends Pet Resort while we are in the parks. If you have done this please give me pros and cons.

Your thoughts and comments are appreciated.

Just checking you are aware that the pet fee for the cabins is $50 per day for 1-2 dogs? Plus at the cabins there is a vehicle parking fee (not at the campsites).

Then add in your Best Friend cost. These costs add up - but cost may be no object.

Bama Ed

PS - not a pet owner but wanted to make sure you knew the pet fee was not immaterial. If you already knew it, then you are going in with eyes wide open. :thumbsup2

I'd agree with the above - between costs and daily separation being harder than having to go through it once, I'd either find a pet sitter at home or board the entire stay.

We boarded at Best Friends before dogs were allowed at the resorts and would visit once or twice a day. We contemplated pretty hard about not visiting at all - the leaving just kicks up the dog's anxiety. It's hard for everyone.

All very good points. My dog has some mild separation anxiety. I considered bringing my dogs at the end of August and I was told that there are thunderstorms just about every day this time of year. My dog gets really scared. That was my deal breaker. I was going to keep them both at the hotel/resort with me but knowing he would be more anxious with storms, I decided not to bring him. Both will be staying at home with a pet sitter we have used before. I want him where he will be least anxious and that would be at home being spoiled by the pet sitter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter