Ft. Wilderness Cabins becoming DVC?

im pretty excited about this, my favorite trip was taking my parents with us and my kids and staying in the cabins. looking forward to being able to use my points to stay there now!

I'm curious to see the point charts for this. 1 bedroom point charts? Will they be closer to a Saratoga springs 1 bedroom point chart or copper creek 1 bedroom or like a Riviera 1 bedroom?
I would think. The cabins are about 500 sq feet, so the size certainly doesn't justify a huge number of points. I think this is their answer to the cancelled "Reflections" resort, plus a DVC version of "glamping". As long as the points aren't ridiculous I'm definitely interested.

I definitely didn't have "Fort Wilderness DVC" on my 2023 announcement Bingo card. But I'm very curious to see what they do with it. We don't travel with a dog, but for those who do I hope the dog friendly cabins aren't just a few that are impossible to get like AKL Value.

And Roll Tide!
Definitely not on my bingo card either!

It will be interesting to see what they do with this. It says that these will go on the existing sites, so I don't suppose that the Reflections site is a part of this, but I still think that there have to be plans for it. The construction fences over at FW aren't the most appealing at the moment.

And... Roll Tide!!!

Interesting thought... Maybe it will be that same association, and I'll have an excuse not to buy it and get some CCV resale instead (shhhh..don't tell DW)

I won't....I just wish they would announce soon. about the tower....I won't add on if its the same and may just get another 50 at RIV....but don't want to decide until I have that piece of information....

I know a lot of people have speculated if Disney would do a "value/moderate" DVC, to give another option besides deluxe pricing. Who knows, maybe this will be their attempt at it. Then again I don't know how that would work, they can't really start selling "cheap" points that would be good at VGF and Poly. Maybe the point chart itself could be more "moderate". Obviously I haven't thought this through lol
Lets be honest though, the only real difference between SSR/OKW and POR are the in-room kitchens/kitchenettes, If you walked up to each resort, without looking inside a unit, you'd have zero idea that one is a "moderate" resort, and the other two are "deluxe". In some regards, and with some amenities, I think POR is actually a nicer resort than SSR or OKW, so to me DVC already has a "moderate" resorts in inventory.

* Should have led with an "unpopular opinion" warning...

Dont you have to pay extra for that? You did when we stayed in cabins...but that was in the early 90s so things could be different.
We have some family staying in one in May and I do not believe a golf cart is included. She has sourced one from a third party for our trip.... If someone tells me otherwise, I will want to pass that along to them!

Lets be honest though, the only real difference between SSR/OKW and POR are the in-room kitchens/kitchenettes, If you walked up to each resort, without looking inside a unit, you'd have zero idea that one is a "moderate" resort, and the other two are "deluxe". In some regards, and with some amenities, I think POR is actually a nicer resort than SSR or OKW, so to me DVC already has a "moderate" resorts in inventory.

* Should have led with an "unpopular opinion" warning...
Never stayed at any of the 3, but I'll take your word for it. POR does indeed look very nice from what I've seen. We almost booked there a few years back.

Not sure how it would go over if they didn't classify it as a Deluxe, so not eligible for extra hours, etc. Will be very interesting to see how it plays out.

I would think. The cabins are about 500 sq feet, so the size certainly doesn't justify a huge number of points. I think this is their answer to the cancelled "Reflections" resort, plus a DVC version of "glamping". As long as the points aren't ridiculous I'm definitely interested.
They will be replacing the cabins so they could be larger

They will be replacing the cabins so they could be larger
From the artwork, it looks as if they'll be about the same size as the existing cabins. It wouldn't surprise me if they're just placed on the existing foundation. They're just mobile/prefab structures.

From the artwork, it looks as if they'll be about the same size as the existing cabins. It wouldn't surprise me if they're just placed on the existing foundation. They're just mobile/prefab structures.
I thought the same. The renderings look very much like the tiny houses my friend builds. They are super easy to place at the destination.

Never stayed at any of the 3, but I'll take your word for it. POR does indeed look very nice from what I've seen. We almost booked there a few years back.

Not sure how it would go over if they didn't classify it as a Deluxe, so not eligible for extra hours, etc. Will be very interesting to see how it plays out.
I'm guessing they would simply classify it as deluxe. Maybe based on the all-new cabins, new pool facilities, and/or food services.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter