Ft. Wilderness Cabins becoming DVC?

From the artwork, it looks as if they'll be about the same size as the existing cabins. It wouldn't surprise me if they're just placed on the existing foundation. They're just mobile/prefab structures.
Yes they are mobile homes, but they will have hidden mickeys! Definitely excited if we can bring our pups along.

Details indicated same exact footprint (to minimize any environmental impact from the project)...so unless they make them two stories, they're not getting bigger.
I saw it said utilizing the existing footprint - but it also says sleeps six adults

the only real difference between SSR/OKW and POR are the in-room kitchens/kitchenettes
I like POR a lot; it's my favorite of the Mods. I get a much different vibe from OKW, in part because it's not like the houses in the SF Suburbs (little boxes, made of ticky tacky, and they all look the same). SSR, on the other hand, has more of that suburb vibe, and it is shared by Riverside. The difference at SSR is one of lower density and a very subtle difference in sense of place. It's there if you go looking for it, but you have to look.

There's no harm in not looking so this is not a judgement--not everyone wants to meditate on their environments while on vacation!

Lets be honest though, the only real difference between SSR/OKW and POR are the in-room kitchens/kitchenettes, If you walked up to each resort, without looking inside a unit, you'd have zero idea that one is a "moderate" resort, and the other two are "deluxe". In some regards, and with some amenities, I think POR is actually a nicer resort than SSR or OKW, so to me DVC already has a "moderate" resorts in inventory.

* Should have led with an "unpopular opinion" warning...
Yea im deeply offended. SSR is loads better than POR. (j/k, I get the comparison)

Well minus the food court, Artist Pointe is horrible. BUT you can walk/boat to DS so kinda cancels out.

Never stayed at any of the 3, but I'll take your word for it. POR does indeed look very nice from what I've seen. We almost booked there a few years back.

Not sure how it would go over if they didn't classify it as a Deluxe, so not eligible for extra hours, etc. Will be very interesting to see how it plays out.
We stayed at Dixie Landing years ago. I think 1996 but I could be wrong. My wife loved it.

I think it will be a new market. I think we eventually see "luxury" pull through RV sites as part of DVC in the future as well. It's the easiest way for disney to finance new lodging. The camping segment is fairly large in the country, and I think this well sell well. Of course the number of points per room will need to make sense.
I think we'll see reflections 2.0 at somepoint as well.

So the real questions are is this the beginning of moderate DVC resorts ( will need to call them something that doesn’t include “ deluxe”)) and will they be able to reserve at all of the current DVC’s?

Last edited:
I definitely didn't have "Fort Wilderness DVC" on my 2023 announcement Bingo card. But I'm very curious to see what they do with it. We don't travel with a dog, but for those who do I hope the dog friendly cabins aren't just a few that are impossible to get like AKL Value.

And Roll Tide!
My thumbs up on this post explicitly excludes the last line, FYI (Go Buckeyes)

So the real questions are is this the beginning of moderate DVC resorts ( will need to call them DMV’s) and will they be able to reserve at all of the current DVC’s?
I don't its the beginning of DVC moderate. They will be billed as cabins so will have high point cost of at least a two bedroom and can hold 5-6 people + your pet. Look how much a cabin at CCV and the bungalow are ridiculously priced. They will probably add some fancy outdoor amenities to FW to tie it all together.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter