Ft wilderness restaurants?

ellisin

Mouseketeer
We’re at a cabin in ft wilderness next week. No rental car, but I’ve reserved a golf cart. Are all the restaurants closed for renovation? I assume the store still has some grocery options?

Anyone stayed there recently?

We’re at a cabin in ft wilderness next week. No rental car, but I’ve reserved a golf cart. Are all the restaurants closed for renovation? I assume the store still has some grocery options?

Anyone stayed there recently?
Disney says "Trail’s End Restaurant and Crockett’s Tavern are temporarily closed for refurbishment and will reopen in summer 2023. In the meantime, food is available at P&J's Southern Takeout via mobile order and The Chuck Wagon food truck. Additionally, refreshments and snacks are available at Meadow Snack Bar."

And there is Hoop-Dee-Doo.

Since you have a golf cart, you can zip down to the Settlement Bus Depot near the new Tri Circle D Horse Barn (this is the end of the Fort down by Bay Lake) and catch a bus that runs back and forth to Wilderness Lodge which will give you quick and easy access to all the dining options at WL. Can't walk, can't boat directly, can't take the golf cart to WL so you must bus it.

That's what I would do in your case.

Bama Ed

Last edited:
I’m not sure how often they do this (or if it’s still on the schedule) but when we were there Thanksgiving week they had one night with 3-4 food trucks (not just The Chuck Wagon) out by the Settlment Depot. It was appreciated as by that point we found the FW food options to be getting a little repetitive.

We got a grocery order and grilled out and made breakfasts and sandwiches and such in the cabin.

They do have some food in the general stores but it’s limited. See pics. I think they had some frozen pizzas, donuts/danish and things like that, too. (Same as in many of the stores w DVC lodging.)

We got one take out lunch at the quick service place and it was ok.

We got ice cream off the food truck, snow cones (they even have sugar free) and DD got a Mexican meal she liked. (Personally I’m not too wild about eating off of food trucks.)

I loved the Fort, though, and the cabin. I didn’t mind throwing some quick meals together, either. Ours wasn’t a parks-heavy trip; it was more relaxing, over our birthdays.

1686775266345.jpeg

1686775911176.jpeg

1686775934969.jpeg
1686775470298.jpeg

1686775511258.jpeg

P&Js is amazing! I could eat there every night. A short ride over to the Lodge will also give you more options. Geyser Point is a great quick spot to eat at.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter