Full day at MK or hop to HS for a couple hours?

Ormond gigli

Earning My Ears
Right now I'm doing half day at AK and half day at Epcot on September 26th and have a full day at MK on the 28th.

I only have these two days to do Disney, I'm wondering if I should stay at MK all day on the Thursday or hop to HS for a couple hours in the afternoon then come back to MK for he evening.

How long would it take to catch on Uber from MK to HS? Would this be a waste of time?

We've never been and I was thinking it would be nice to be able to see all 4 parks.

Opinions?

Wow, you are planning to cram a whole lot into only 2 days. There are a lot of factors to consider, and they all basically come down to personal preference. Are you planning to make another trip to WDW? Can you add any days to this trip? Do you enjoy thrill rides, Star Wars, or are you more into the classic Disney feel?

For my family, Epcot and MK are always at least a full day each. Currently, with all of the construction going on at DHS, we only spend a few hours there. Until Pandora opened, DAK was a half-day for us as well, but now it is worth a full day for us. Honestly, if you're planning to come back anytime soon, I would skip DHS and have a full day at MK.

WDW has free bus transportation to/from their parks, but that can sometimes take an hour or so to get from one to another, depending on how busy they are. An Uber may get you from one park to another more quickly.

Bottom line, I would not recommend trying to do all 4 parks in 2 days as a first-time visitor. But again, it comes down to personal preference.

I think it depends on whether you like thrill rides. If you do, I would not skip DHS, as it has two very good rides for adults. My family actually likes Magic Kingdom the least, as they find a lot of the classic Disney rides corny. No matter what you do, I would try to make it to Happily Ever After, it's quite amazing and not to be missed.

That will be us in February. Will be cruising for 2 weeks and the doing a small 3 night side trip to WDW with a 2day park hopper. For 2 of us we've been 20+ times but for the other it will be the 1st visit.

Plan to do 1st park day at MK with BOG breakfast at 9 and stay at the park until 5/5:30 and then head to HS to end the day with dinner following at 8:15 Sci-fi. Rest of the night maybe boardwalk/Springs/mini golf.

The 2nd day AK until around 7/8 then head to Epcot for EMH with a late Via Napoli dinner.

Will be a jam packed couple days but will try and get the major highlights in there which I think is do-able. Fireworks we'll do the first night before park days from Poly or GF so we don't need to take park time away for it.

You could uber. You just have to walk to Contemporary to pick it up. It won't pick you up at MK. I would make a plan about what you really want to see at DHS. For my DD and I, we *have* to see Beauty and the Beast every trip and my DS has to do RnRC every trip. So, if we went for a little bit, we could split and do 1-2 of our 'must do' and skip everything else due to the limited time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter