• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Full refunds?

couture1

Earning My Ears
Hello, I'd like to know if ABD offering refunds for trips beyond May 30?
We are booked Egypt June 2 and our airline cancelled flights.
I cannot accept a future travel voucher and it appears all future dates for Egypt are sold out.
Has anyone requested a full refund?

Should I cancel or wait and hope they do? Hard to imagine they will run a June 2 trip when we have to fly through Europe to get to Cairo?

Thanks
Our past trips:
South Africa
Wyoming
China
Italy
Ireland
London/Paris

It doesn't appear that that trip has been canceled by ABD yet. The best you could do is call and ask. If you look through the "Travel Changes" thread, you will see most people have had zero luck with ABD budging from their terms and conditions until ABD officially cancels the trip or announces a modification to the terms. Here is a link to the ABD page which lists current cancellations and modifications. I would definitely call, though, to see if they will work with you. https://www.adventuresbydisney.com/travel-advisory/

I know a refund from ABD is preferable, but would the airline cancelling your flight be sufficient grounds for filing a claim on your travel insurance?

I know a refund from ABD is preferable, but would the airline cancelling your flight be sufficient grounds for filing a claim on your travel insurance?
That's another sticky one. The trip is not cancelled. They got a refund (presumably) from the airline. The assumption would be you'd use that money to re-book with another airline. Insurance *might* cover any increase in cost. If it's impossible to re-book with another airline, then *maybe* the insurance might kick in to cover the fact that you can't make it there for the trip. But if they determine the underlying cause is the pandemic, they might also decline it based on that. Definitely would differ from one insurance company to another, and even policy to policy. A call to the insurance company would be needed.

Sayhello

We are on the same trip supposed to be leaving May 30th. I don't want what happened in Australia and UK to happen to us - get there and then they cancel. We are waiting but our delta flights are still a go.
We just heard the trip is cancelled. We were offered a full refund or credit toward future travel. I'm sorry we won't adventure together this time, but pleased that ABD is offering refunds.

We just heard the trip is cancelled. We were offered a full refund or credit toward future travel. I'm sorry we won't adventure together this time, but pleased that ABD is offering refunds.
We are very disappointed and now trying to decide what to do. The full refund credits back to your original from of payment. Not a great option as it then sits on my credit card.

We are very disappointed and now trying to decide what to do. The full refund credits back to your original from of payment. Not a great option as it then sits on my credit card.
You can get your credit card company to write you a check. I’ve done this before with a large credit that I wanted cash back for.

You can get your credit card company to write you a check. I’ve done this before with a large credit that I wanted cash back for.
I spoke to my financial advisor and he said if we were spending it within the next year NOT to redeposit into my daughters trust fund - so New Zealand it is - hopefully!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter