Full Vaccination Required Ages 5+ Starting 1/13/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Using them on a cruise before 7/31/22 is the only option.
Would it be possible to use them for a WDW hotel stay? I dimly recall that Reservation Points can be used for either a Cruise or the Hotels. Not a great redemption value, but still better than nothing.

I have been thinking of getting individual therapy for awhile now to help reduce some of the stress I have been under so thank you for the suggestion.
I resisted seeing a therapist for many many (many!) years. I am thankful that I finally started seeing someone.

Would it be possible to use them for a WDW hotel stay? I dimly recall that Reservation Points can be used for either a Cruise or the Hotels. Not a great redemption value, but still better than nothing.
That is true… sort of. They can’t be used at the DVC hotels but they can theoretically be used to book a room at the WDW “cash” hotels, e.g. Beach Club Resort but not Beach Club Villas. Reason I say sort of is that it is subject to a limited inventory and given how well Disney is selling its cash hotel rooms right now with no discounts, there might not be anything available. And because it is just standard hotel rooms rather than the big suites/cabins you can get at DVC, hard to use up 800 points worth. Still true it may be worth calling and asking about availability.

And because it is just standard hotel rooms rather than the big suites/cabins you can get at DVC, hard to use up 800 points worth.

Actually, given the points charts... can eat up most of it with a stay in someone's Club Level for a week. If it can be booked of course - as said, availability for exchanges has been pretty bad. Club Level at Grand Californian is the costliest.

WDW resorts: https://cdn2.parksmedia.wdprapps.di...hotels/2022_Web_WDW_Pt_Cht_FINAL_02042021.pdf

DLR: https://cdn2.parksmedia.wdprapps.di...hotels/2022-DLR-Pt-Chart-Final-10-22-2021.pdf

I agree on the abusive and controlling aspects my husband has been exhibiting but I'm trying to be understanding and not make things worse. I have been thinking of getting individual therapy for awhile now to help reduce some of the stress I have been under so thank you for the suggestion. This may be the push I need to finally go do it.
I’m don’t think telling you you are going to die is appropriate , but I can certainly understand your husbands frustration. The fact that’s it’s being forced on people is the root of the problem. He’s probably more angry and stressed about the situation then at you. Hang in there.

Last edited:
I’m don’t think telling you you are going to die is appropriate , but I can certainly understand your husbands frustration. The fact that’s it’s being forced on people is the root of the problem. He’s probably more angry and stressed about the situation then at you. Lots of friendships and families are being torn apart. Hang in there.
Being rude, and disrespectful, to your spouse over a vaccine mandate they have nothing to do with is 100% unacceptable. He made a choice and now he's experiencing the consequences, if he doesn't like the consequences he can make a different choice.

Anyways, to keep this thread on track, I do wonder if the pre-boarding test will continue into the next 6 months if everyone is vaccinated. Thoughts?
I expect that it will unless overall cases decline significantly. Several cruise lines have been 100% vaccinated since the restart. Early on some of them didn’t require testing (I didn’t have to get tested for my June 26th sailing), but after some high-profile breakthrough cases they started requiring testing of everyone (which seems to be working well).

I expect that it will unless overall cases decline significantly. Several cruise lines have been 100% vaccinated since the restart. Early on some of them didn’t require testing (I didn’t have to get tested for my June 26th sailing), but after some high-profile breakthrough cases they started requiring testing of everyone (which seems to be working well).

It really depends on how many cases they are actually picking up with the testing.

People are offering sincere comfort and suggestions to a member who is clearly struggling. Kindness - it's pretty awesome.
The point value of about $10,000.00 is a lot of money. Giving her support and suggestions for a travel partner so that amount isn't wasted makes sense to me.
I am not criticizing those who would be ok walking away from it.
I just couldn't do that.

Not sure where your local six flags is, but the vaccination requirements must be due to your state, and not six flags corporate. My local six flags is wide open. No masks, no social distancing and no vaccine requirements. Disney world is in Florida - there won’t be any vaccine requirements.

Not a state. I'm in Montreal, Quebec, Canada.

Last edited:
Anyways, to keep this thread on track, I do wonder if the pre-boarding test will continue into the next 6 months if everyone is vaccinated. Thoughts?

so I've been on 2 fully vaccinated cruises this summer and on both of them we still did pre-boarding testing. You can still get covid with the vaccine and also they need to protect their staff just as much as the people boarding so I feel it will be here awhile. That said who knows maybe they will reduce it from everyone to spot tests perhaps.

With all the breaking news today, not sure how long that is going to continue. Here we go again.
Well we barely ever had any restrictions in GA, so I don't expect a variant to change that. Unfortunately, I already opted my kids out of virtual school for the spring, so the could have a "normal" ending to senior year.

I think between now and summer a lot will happen and change, possibly back and forth. But I feel for these small island nations they are struggling so bad and likely to get worst.

Are these restaurants and shops closed because of covid spreading or because of lack of business?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter