Fun Live Web Cam- Abbey Road

I just saw a person just about get run over!!! She/he/whoever turned around in the street right into a car:eek:!

Really fun to watch. Wonder if the people are aware of the camera? They have to be aware cause some sure act awful goofy. :laughing:

This is so cool! I think some people know about it because I just saw a couple waving at the camera.

:lmao:

This is awesome!

It must be really frustrating for the people just trying to drive someplace, though.

The really scary ones are the photographers who get out in the street (not in the crosswalk) to get the photo of their friends. Sheesh!

I just watched a woman do it, then she went back across the street to her companion, they spent some time looking at the pics, then he did it, with her taking the photo. Too funny!

What is with the zig zag lines? Is that how all streets are marked over there?

The lines alert drivers that they are approaching a zebra crossing, as do the flashing orange globe lights on the zebra-striped pole.

It means pedestrians have the right of way. You can just step out into the road, anytime you want, and the cars have to stop.

Very nice in most places, but here I can see it's a total PITA for the cars!

ETA - not all crosswalks are like that. Most are not, actually.

That's hilarious! Cars beeping their horns. People trying to get "the shot". Mayhem! :lmao:

I see people posing for pictures and taking forever. That must be maddening to those people who drive through there.

When I looked at the link there were two guys on cell phones waving to the camera. I felt like waving back! :lmao:

just saw Mccartney in concert! very cool to see this!!

I've seen him three times. Just checked the ticketmaster the other day to see if he is touring. No dates were scheduled. He is well worth every penny to see him in concert.

Beatles fans will surely recognize this famous crossing. It's fun to watch the tourists try to recreate the famous crosswalk album cover!

http://www.abbeyroad.com/visit/

:confused:

Did they take down the web cam? All I see is a static webpage with description of what Abbey Road was to the Beatles. :confused3 Where is the link to the webcam?

Oh, nevermind, I had my Firefox NoScript plugin on and it would load the page properly. :headache:

My daughter did this in June! She is a HUGE fan of the Beatles, so she was very excited to get the chance to go to Abbey Road while on a trip with her high school. She is the second person from the right. She crossed it in bare feet just like Paul McCartney! LOL

2yv5oi0.png

My daughter did this in June! She is a HUGE fan of the Beatles, so she was very excited to get the chance to go to Abbey Road while on a trip with her high school. She is the second person from the right. She crossed it in bare feet just like Paul McCartney! LOL

2yv5oi0.png

Too funny! :thumbsup2

Wow I havent looked at this before but in the middle of the night its spooky no one is even really driving.

The lines alert drivers that they are approaching a zebra crossing, as do the flashing orange globe lights on the zebra-striped pole.

It means pedestrians have the right of way. You can just step out into the road, anytime you want, and the cars have to stop.

Very nice in most places, but here I can see it's a total PITA for the cars!

ETA - not all crosswalks are like that. Most are not, actually.

Thanks for explaining.

I see people posing for pictures and taking forever. That must be maddening to those people who drive through there.

I was thinking the same thing. I think I would avoid that area.

When I looked at the link there were two guys on cell phones waving to the camera. I felt like waving back! :lmao:

Oh..me too! Earlier this girl kept waving and she was talking on her cell phone. I wanted to wave at her or call her and say "I can see you"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter