Fun things for characters to sign

bethwc101

DIS Veteran
We will be taking DH kids, DS8 and dd6 on their first disney trip. We will be doing a few character dining experiences. What is something fun and unique other than an autograph book to have the characters sign? Preferably something they won't necessarily outgrow like a shirt, so in future trips to come they can bring the same item back?

We will be taking DH kids, DS8 and dd6 on their first disney trip. We will be doing a few character dining experiences. What is something fun and unique other than an autograph book to have the characters sign? Preferably something they won't necessarily outgrow like a shirt, so in future trips to come they can bring the same item back?
Hat, pillow case?

Pillowcase, tote bag. Use an embroidery ring to pull the fabric tight and get good, washable fabric markers.

Of all the items we have had signed over the years, by far the hat is still the favorite - and the only one each of my now college age kids haven't discarded or put in storage.

Get a light-colored baseball hat or bucket cap with a favorite character/theme and a sharpie and your good to go with nothing cumbersome to carry.

I’m a character performer and I have had all sorts of different things from clothing items, hats, aprons, shoes, mugs, books, photo frames/mats, a signature bear, artwork of the character, baubles, some sort of paper that can be made into a plate later. One of the best I have seen was a homemade autograph book. The child had drawn a pic of the characters and each one signed their page. It was such a sweet idea and would have been a wonderful keepsake for the child. It was also a GREAT talking point during interactions

Hug and thank you Mags for the joy you spread. God Bless You.

CayBoo, I love the photo mat idea! Thank you for sharing your suggestion and memory with us :)

I have also brought birthday cards in the past that I have asked characters to sign.

I was very envious of the person I saw recently with a basic off white canvas bag probably purchased at a hobby lobby with lots of Princess autographs !

So many great ideas.

I have Disney Post cards (purchased a long time ago ) … They featured royalty characters that went together like Princess Aurora with Prince Phillip . I wish Disney would sell postcards with the photo and The autograph on the back.
One year during holidays DL had some plain black & white postcards with Mickey & Minnie on front and crayolas on table … Santa had arrived and signed the back ! Haha
Santa style is very similar autograph design that MIckey & Minnie use !

I just got the card autograph that is handed out now from Mr& Mrs Easter Bunny ! So cute .
I love those handouts cause signatures can be so unique ! But really slow the lines down .
I think the pre-parade on Saturday had to be cancelled last minute to handle long long line for their meetngreet . I did not return on Easter Sunday but I assume they still had the pre parade with the Easter song In your Easter Bonnet with all the frills upon it melody !

Last edited:
I took Fairest of All, the Wicked Queen's Villan POV novel to Storybook Dining and had the Queen sign it.

I’m always confused about size of pen or marker to bring with autograph book.
What is the guideline again?
Thanks also to Disney character for joining in discussion .
And Thank You for all the memories created ! I bet you have great memories too !

I’m always confused about size of pen or marker to bring with autograph book.
What is the guideline again?
Thanks also to Disney character for joining in discussion .
And Thank You for all the memories created ! I bet you have great memories too !
Sharpies are great, retractable ones even better! Fur characters in particular struggle with really skinny markers

Thanks !
Iwas just at CVS and they have a child’s size arm sling in a black material and box includes a gold and a silver marker for “ autographs” …
I swear if that was my size I would be standing in line right now !
I forgot to check the price…I did not see it at Walgreens … I kinda want one for my left shoulder especially since I’m left handed and noticing pain in the location where arm attaches to my body !
They seem to be big or little No medium’s .
Anyway if you child needs a sling to protect a sprain … and has plans to visit Mickey !
Hope this puts a smile on their face .

Plus the surgical nurse that just released my son recommended those free clear plastic umbrella wraps at the entrance of Publix Grocery for shower, etc . She said they are slightly bigger than some of the other places that have them as you enter with wet umbrella and fit perfectly over the arm cast .

Pillow case !!!

over the years, our favorite thing to get autographed was a photo book we created for each child. We took pictures from previous Disney trips and created a "photo book" (like by Shutterfly) for each of our sons. Each book may have pic's of other family members, but was primarily pics of THAT son at Disney through the years. We grouped the character pic's by theme (so Mickey together, or Little Mermaid characters all on 1 or 2 pages) and each son would spend time in line finding the right page for the character to sign, and it was also a great convo starter. We also did a few pages w/o any specific character, that way if we saw someone "new" there was still somewhere for them to sign. We made the 8x8 books so they fit in a gallon size zip lock bag with a few sharpies, so was super easy to keep up with. Years later, they still have those books and have dozens of signatures. - I'm include the "draft" screen from my shutterfly project to show you what the front & Back cover look like, and then 2 pages that I grouped together to highlight Stitch, which was one of both of my boy's favorites.

in fact, our oldest is now a cast member, so for his birthday, we are making him a "new" book with more current pictures so he can start working on a new signature collection.

Attachments

• Front & Back Cover.pdf
    197.8 KB · Views: 4
  • Stitch Pages.pdf
    226.4 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
You can get Disney Lorcana cards of specific characters and have them sign those. Even the common cards have neat artwork!

Not my picture, but an example:

398508586_10102324940672682_1206997695534406089_n.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter