Funniest comments you've overheard in WDW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mme. Leota said:
I have two, and one is about me:

DH and I were in Animal Kingdom, buying gifts for our neighbors who were feeding our cats while we were seeing the Mouse. . . anyway, we wanted to have the gifts delivered to our hotel. We had been there 5 days, but when the lady behind the counter asked for our room number, I had no idea. I called DH over, and he had no idea. We started laughing hysterically, but the lady checking me out (from Africa) had this look of pity on her face, like there was something wrong with us. She was just shaking her head with that look. . . We knew how to get to our room, just not the number. Anyway, for the rest of the trip, anytime I thought of that I fell over laughing. :rotfl2:

The other was at EPCOT, I was in line for a yummy margarita near Mexico. The man in front of me in line did have three or four little boys with him, but I didn't think anything of it. When he ordered how many ever margaritas in different flavors, the lady behind the cash register looked at him kind of hard, like she was trying to decide what to say. She finally settled on "You do know these have alcohol in them, right?" The man replied in a British accent, "What? Alcohol? I thought they were slushes!!" He had indeed ordered them for the kiddos! I guess margaritas aren't quite as popular in the UK as they are in the US. And I guess that with the exchange rate $8 or $9 didn't seem outrageous for a slush. Ole!

What is sad is many of us have probably wished at some time or the other that we could have given our kids a margarita to get them to chill out,whether
from overly energetic to those infamous tantrums! :lmao:
Kim

My DS11 now, 3 at the time, was on the monorail with my father from the Polynesian to MK. They were seated next to a couple of elderly ladies that started chatting with my son. They said "What is your name young man?" to which my son replied "Taywor". His name is Taylor, but he had a hard time with his L's so it came out as a W. They said "Excuse me, I didn't understand you". So he repeated himself, to which they still did not understand. My son looks at my father as if to say go along with me on this one and replies to them "My name is Bob." :rotfl2:

LOL to this day we call him TayBob.

We were waiting in line for the bus to leave AK late in the afternoon. The first family in line consisted of 1 mom with double stroller, 1 dad with small baby strapped to chest, 1 two year old laying on the concrete. The next family was a young couple very fit, very athletic looking. Next in line was our family, DH, DS (6), DD(4) and myself! When the bus finally rolls in, the line is quite long. The first family attempts to start loading, but the mom is having trouble folding the double stroller, and then having trouble loading the stroller on the bus. So much so that bus driver steps off to assist her. The dad is telling the two year old it is time to ride the bus. The two year old boy is not moving from the concrete and is laying there kicking & screaming, "I want to sleep on the ground!" About this time, the dad decides to bend over to try to pick up the two year old, but each time he bends over the baby starts to fall out of the front carrier. The very young, very fit man in front of us says, "Excuse me sir, let me pick up your little boy and carry him onto the bus." The dad says, "No, No, that's ok. I can get him." Two year still kicking & screaming, as the wife of the young, fit guy says, "Really, it's ok. He can help you. My husband's a professional hockey player and can handle this." At this point the dad just nods yes and loads onto the bus with the baby. Hockey player holds toddler up with arms extended to avoid beind kicked by the child. Everyone grateful to the hockey player loads the bus.

We still laugh about, "My husband's a professional hockey player, he can handle this!"

Lzylitnin said:
My DS11 now, 3 at the time, was on the monorail with my father from the Polynesian to MK. They were seated next to a couple of elderly ladies that started chatting with my son. They said "What is your name young man?" to which my son replied "Taywor". His name is Taylor, but he had a hard time with his L's so it came out as a W. They said "Excuse me, I didn't understand you". So he repeated himself, to which they still did not understand. My son looks at my father as if to say go along with me on this one and replies to them "My name is Bob." :rotfl2:

LOL to this day we call him TayBob.

:rotfl: This is so funny! What a smart kid! :thumbsup2

I was walking back one morning to our room after grabbing a quick bite at Pepper Market. I was behind a family and the dad was explaining to his DD that they cannot always get to do certain things because these kinds of vacations cost lots of money. The daughter replied, "oh, millions and millions of shiny pennies?" :rotfl: I chuckled and the father said, "exactly". It was priceless.

I can see I'm going to have fun reading this thread!!

The funniest thing I ever heard was leaving Epcot one day, and lady behind me telling her husband, "I'm glad we're done here...they didn't have anything good to eat!"

LoveStitch said:
I can see I'm going to have fun reading this thread!!

The funniest thing I ever heard was leaving Epcot one day, and lady behind me telling her husband, "I'm glad we're done here...they didn't have anything good to eat!"

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

While watching the Share A Dream Come True parade on Sunday, the little girl next to me had her face painted like a tiger, and when Tigger came walking down the street she SCREAMED "TIGGGGGGGGGGGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOOK AT MY FACE!!!!" And he waved and gave her a thumbs up. So cute!

My daughter, 6 at the time, cursed for the first time. Or at least the first time I heard it. But when the ship takes off, and you feel the sensation of movement, my daughter said "oohh sh**" I just looked at her and tried to hold back laughing.

Last week on our first day in the park, we saw a family standing off to the side of a ride entrance...I'm not sure what the discussion had been before we got there, but all we heard was the child (maybe 7 or 8 years old) scream:

"Well, it's YOUR fault for making me come here!"

:rotfl2:

All week long after that, if any of us got frustrated, we just turned to the others and said "well, it's YOUR fault for making me come here!"

Our other favorite last week was the photographer in AK who set up every picture with "OK, now 1, now 2, ahhhhh" then took the shot (we did about 6 photopass pics w/him).
Every picture we took afterwards, the teen in our group would say "OK, now 1,now 2, ahhhhhhhhh".

mammoth_fan said:
Whoops...that might've been me :blush:

I'm finally learning that 37-year-olds DO need regular meals and naps.

YES!! Were are all those naps we were made to take as children that we thought we really didn't need? I wish someone would make me take a nap everyday now! :rotfl:

I registered today and this is my first post here.
I read this whole thread the week before I left for our trip two weeks ago and I kept an ear out for things while there.
Thanks everyone for the great hilarious stories.
Despite going to Disney several times, I'd never heard of a Dole Whip before reading this board and tried one (with a Vanilla Twist). Very yummy.

People are constantly saying funny/crazy things in the parks if you just keep and ear out. I've learned that nobody (even my family) can talk about getting a Fastpass for Test Track without somehow messing it up. :)

A teenager in Fantasyland looking a the rows of parked strollers:
"How come all these people rent strollers just so they can park them?"
(uh, 'cause you can't bring the stroller onto the rides/theaters...?)

In Downtown Disney a woman looking at Jack Skellington merchandise, "Hey look, it's the guy from the Nightmare before Elm Street!" (to her credit, she realized her goof and laughed about it)

My two-year-old daughter was overheard calling Stitch "Monster Bear". As in "no Monter Bear!". She's not quite ready to meet characters yet.

Very commonly heard while entering an attraction "Is this a ride?".
I guess teenagers and kids have a little more of an excuse, but if people would simply look at the free map available to everyone upon entrance, they'd know what was what.

Disney is an amazing place. It's so universal. (no pun intended). People from across the nation and other countries can read stories on here and when someone talks about something that happened on the benches between Tomorrowland and Mickey's Toontown Fair, everyone can picture exactly where that is. We've all been there, just not at the exact same time (thankfully :))

Keep the stories coming.

I was at DTD on Wednesday in the World of Disney store. This little girl couldn't have been more than 4 years old was trying to escape her mother's clutching hand. So she says "mom, I want to steal something." I couldn't help but laugh because the girl was so cute. I didn't see her take anything but I didn't follow her around the store either.

I have heard many many comments over the years. One of my favorites is when my dad and I were waiting for my mom and sister to come back from the bathroom. This dad and his son were were arguing about something and then the dad said to his son "were going to walk over that trash can and you are going to throw that attitude away." He actually made the kid walk over there and pretend to throw something away. Now everytime my sister has an attitude my mom makes her go throw it away .

Also I have heard many parents complaning how they didn't spend all this money to just come swim in the pool.

I was waiting in a line for the bathroom, and overheard this, as did everyone else in the bathroom.

A girl, maybe about five, was taking a looong time, like five minutes in a stall.

Mother - What are you doing? Taking a bath?
Daughter - No (Pause) If I was taking a bath, I'd be naked.

Everyone in line cracked up. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I remember a funny line from when I was younger and went with my family. One late night, after a long, hot day at MK (my Dad definitely believed in commando style!) we were on the tram back to the car. My little sister (about 5 at the time) looked up at my mom and said "how come no one is smiling?"

Not always the happiest place on earth at the end of the day is it? :goodvibes

Jules76126 said:
I have heard many many comments over the years. One of my favorites is when my dad and I were waiting for my mom and sister to come back from the bathroom. This dad and his son were were arguing about something and then the dad said to his son "were going to walk over that trash can and you are going to throw that attitude away." He actually made the kid walk over there and pretend to throw something away. Now everytime my sister has an attitude my mom makes her go throw it away .

Also I have heard many parents complaning how they didn't spend all this money to just come swim in the pool.

:rotfl2: I have to remember that with DD next week! She will actually go to a drawer and put on 'listening ears' when she is having a hard time paying attention to me, so I am sure she would put her bad attitude in the trash if I told her to!

On the Magical Express bus there was a woman who said Disney was having their 150th anniversary and her travel partner said that her boyfriend was taking her to the California Cafe. It was hard not to laugh sitting behind them but I have to realize not everyone have been there as many times or is a fanatical as I am about disney!
Minnesota

Jules76126 said:
...dad said to his son "were going to walk over that trash can and you are going to throw that attitude away." He actually made the kid walk over there and pretend to throw something away...

:lmao: that is great! I can't wait to try it with my DDs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter