Funniest comments you've overheard in WDW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently heard on an IllumiNations Cruise during the Flame Barge presentation.....

"Please don't tell Al Gore that Disney is causing the Global Warming......"

DH had me take a photo of him and DD with "Schmee" (probably spelled that wrong!). The older pirate guy from PotC. When we got the photos developed I commented how funny I thought it was that they had "Doc" from Snow White near the Pirates of the Carribean ride! Figured he would be near the Castle or in Fantasyland!

Well I was quickly corrected! But I still think they use the same costume, just put a striped pirate shirt on!

TheZeppo said:
Smee is from Peter Pan, not Pirates.

Well I have no idea what he was doing outside the Pirates ride. You really would think they would have him over in Fantasy Land. I guess maybe it's because Captain Hook was a pirate, so they thought he would fit in with the Pirates of the Caribbean theme???

We actually framed the photo because it turned out good. My husband always laughs & calls him Doc now!

sameyeyam said:
OK, here comes my confession. When I first heard about the Osborne Lights, I thought it must have something to do with Ozzie Osborne family. After all they have a tv show and the lights are in MGM Studios. Stupid of me I know to come to that conclusion, but it seemed reasonable.

I later did some research and found out all about them and the family that the court ordered to get rid of the lights. I am from the Pacific NW and have never in my life heard of these xmas lights, the Osborne family or anything about the controversy. I think that people living closer to the South know all about it, but for those of us living farther away we don't have a clue!

Luckily I didn't reveal my thoughts about the Ozzie Osborne lights to anyone other than the dark recesses of my mind! Well, until just now.

Dont feel bad. I thought the same thing being from MI. I didnt have any interest in seeing the Osborne lights, I am not an Ozzy fan. Good thing for the Dis boards (and their pictures) I would have not gone to see it at MGM and missed something really cool! :thumbsup2

Haunted Mansion stretching room - lights go out, corpse dangles above, everybody screams. In the silence afterwards this guy says "Oh my gawd, they killed Kenny".

sameyeyam said:
Well I have no idea what he was doing outside the Pirates ride. You really would think they would have him over in Fantasy Land. I guess maybe it's because Captain Hook was a pirate, so they thought he would fit in with the Pirates of the Caribbean theme???

That's exactly why they have them there :)
Since PotC is closed, they wanted to keep the pirate theme going with a meet and greet.

Syrreal said:
That's exactly why they have them there :)
Since PotC is closed, they wanted to keep the pirate theme going with a meet and greet.

We have always seen Hook and Smee outside POTC.

I had never until the rehab :) I guess I get blinders on when it's time to ride

I dont remember overhearing anything...but this thread is great! There is a book out called "overheard in NYC" this book will be called "overheard in WDW!"

I did ride EE with this guy who's rode the ride a million times...he knew everything that would happen and when got to that last part (no spoilers, sorry) he screemed "YEA! TEAR IT UP!"

Diznotyzed said:
Haunted Mansion stretching room - lights go out, corpse dangles above, everybody screams. In the silence afterwards this guy says "Oh my gawd, they killed Kenny".

This just cracked me up! :lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl:

Syrreal said:
I had never until the rehab :) I guess I get blinders on when it's time to ride

We took the photo with them last year (April 2005), so well before the rehab.

yeah....you don't see them when you...
Must.......ride.......pirates!

:)

Originally Posted by Syrreal
That's exactly why they have them there
Hook and Smee are regular fixtures in front of POTC whether it's open or not. Peter Pan can also be found over there with Wendy I believe.

Crazy Hakim said:
Recently heard on an IllumiNations Cruise during the Flame Barge presentation.....

"Please don't tell Al Gore that Disney is causing the Global Warming......"

:rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl2:

WDWAurora said:
My favorite, while waiting for the MK parade: "Sit down, shut up, and don't breathe." That became the family motto for years and we still say it now to get a laugh...The kids would NOT behave and the mother was frustrated and it just came out-wrong.

Hilarious.

What a riot!! :rotfl:

Kteacher said:
I think there might have been a thread like this, but we overheard something so funny last weekend I just had to share. While we were in MGM Studios we heard a teen telling anothere teen that they were going to see the " Ozzie Osborne Christmas lights" :rotfl: Now those would be some interesting lights!!!

It would be more like

"Ozzy Osborne Black Lights"

I can hear him now...

SHARON! Why are the walls melting? And whats with this giant mouse following me. Holy Crap that hat is huge! My hands are HUGE!

We had a funny one at MGM last week.

The CM who seated us (a very dignified looking, older gentleman) at Mama Melrose's noticed my sons Cincinnati Reds cap. He stated "Oh, are you all from Chicago?" OK, no big deal. They both have a "C" on the cap; different colors and shapes, but maybe he's not a baseball fan.

My son then replied, "No, this is a Cincinnati hat." The CM them stated, "well they're in the same state"???!!! :confused3

We all looked at each other, not knowing what to say when my very vocal 5 year old DD pipes up; "No silly, Cincinnati is in Ohio, Chicago is in Illinois." :rotfl2: (I spend a lot of time working in Chicago even though we live in Ohio so my DD knows all about Chicago.)

He just walked away with a puzzled look on his face!

wolfxofxnovember said:
It would be more like

"Ozzy Osborne Black Lights"

I can hear him now...

SHARON! Why are the walls melting? And whats with this giant mouse following me. Holy Crap that hat is huge! My hands are HUGE!

that's hilarious :rotfl: too funny!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter