Funniest comments you've overheard in WDW

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a chuckle a couple of weeks ago as I overheard some moms talking on the WL beach. The very authoritative one was telling the other that she and her young daughter had reservations for the princess breakfast at the Crystal Palace the next day. The restaurant was located at the Polynesian resort, you know! ;)

While at WDW last month,I was talking to one of the wonderful International Cast Members in World Showcase-the exact country will remain nameless. ;)She had only been working at her pavilion a short time and I was asking her about how she liked it so far,etc.I asked her if her work hours were long,etc. and she said it wasn't too bad and "When we are not working,all we do is drink and sleep." :)

One of the funniest things I've ever heard at WDW had nothing to do with someone being ignorant about WDW, but just a mistake that was no doubt made trying to hurry through the parks.

We were at Epcot one morning and in front of us was a family with a young daughter. She was really scared about riding, and was getting more anxious as she neared the front of the line. Her mother was trying to talk her into riding so she decided to pull out the park map to read the description of the ride. She pulled it out and starting laughing.

"Honey?" She said to her husband, "I can't read the map."
"Why not?"
"Because the one you picked up is in Spanish, and I don't speak Spanish." They laughed for a while on that one.

Something about the situation was really funny, and pretty much everyone around them heard her and we all got a good laugh out of it.

On my DD's 1st trip to WDW, she rode the TOT. My Dh said (yes, I was too chicken to ride it) that right before the drops start, the car goes pitch black. He said when this happened, our DD (age 5) said "Daddy, are you still here?" He said the whole car cracked up. Sbella

one from Disneyland Resort Paris... out of the mouth of my best friend...

"OMG becks... i can't believe i just had a poo in disneyland....."

also heard that holiday was...

"omg.. i can't believe i just had a poo on the eiffel tower..."
"omg... i just can't believe i had a poo on a train going under the sea... on our way to see mickey mouse!"

see a theme emerging?!?!

Heh, this comment came from my sister and I still chuckle when I think about it.

We went to Epcot one day on our trip last December. We were going to be there all day and had 'tickets' for the Candlelight Processional that night. Now, the weather had been really variable all week, sunny and warm one day and freezing the next, so I suggested we should bring our heavy sweatshirts and maybe get a locker or something. My EXTREMELY frugal sister looked at me completely horrified and said:

"Don't those lockers cost, like, a whole dollar or something?"

I started rolling and then told her they cost, like, seven whole dollars! She had to sit down.

This is a pre-disney comment from my 7 year old son.

We suprised my dd (9) and DS (7) with a trip to disney (it was our first time). They thought we were going on vacation to our place at the beach for the week. In order to get them to the airport (because it's in the opposite direction of the beach) we had to tell them we were going to the mall with my mom (who was taking us to the airport). My son is a big video game freak and had gotten money from our family for his vacation. When he heard we were going to the mall all he could think about was getting a video game.

When we got to the airport we got the kids out of the car and told them we were on our way to Walt Disney World. My daughter did not believe us and my son started crying and said he wanted to go to the mall.

i remember 1 time when me my father and my sister went on mission space my other sister and my mother waited for us on a bench, and a couple of benches away there was a lady eating popcorn and there was popcorn everywhere around the bench! and there was a CM cleaning up the popcorn right around her and i think he had a dirty look on his face then she said to him i didnt do it! then he said yeah nobody would admit to making a mess that big. i bet he's gonna get fired due to complaints.

DH and I were on MS for the umpteenth time and were seated with a very nice British couple. The poor chap's DW was not as happy to be there as he was. After much reassurance, she reluctantly strapped herself in and waited for the ride to begin. Once the g's hit she started to yell, "I don't like it, I don't like you for making me go on this thing, ohhh I don't like it" over and over. The poor dear, I hated to laugh but she sounded like someone right out of a BBC sketch comedy skit :)

hhahahahh that one is funny... I know alot of people from the UK are on these boards but it really is just funny to hear you say anything out of the ordinary....

(Ok - I'll add in mine to get this thread bumped up again. Thanks for the giggles, guys.)

We went to WDW for the first time when my oldest daughter was about 11. She has a huge imagination, but she's very mature and logical - so I was a bit surprised that she kept her eyes squeezed shut throughout the entire time we were in the HM. When I noticed I said "Honey what's wrong? You know this is all pretend - the ghosts are just made by computers." She replied "I know that everything Disney PUT here is pretend. But this is just exactly the kind of place that a REAL ghost would want to live."

This just sort of made me laugh. DH & I were in the World of Disney store in DTD and I had a shirt I wanted to try on. So I headed into the dressing room and DH stood outside waiting.

DH said just as I closed the door a CM walked by and said "Aren't you going to be a rebel and go in with her?" DH just laughed and the CM said "You would be absolutely amazed at what people try to do in those dressing rooms everyday!"

I know they don't have video cameras in there, but I'm sure the CM's see couples going in there. Just made me laugh.

This is only funny in a kind of sick sad way, but last December my sister called me from the world laughing her you know what off. She had just gotten off of Dumbo and she said that the lady in line in front of her SCREAMED at her daughter "If you don't shut up, I am going to take you back to the room and kick your A$$." The part that was funny was that afterwards the woman kept mumbling about how the daughter was embarrasing her and my sister said that she hadn't even noticed anything until the lady started yelling! It makes you wonder why people spend so much money if they don't want to be there. Don't get me wrong after 9 or 10 days I am sure that we all have a few moments that wouldn't go in the parents hall of fame, but really!!!

Anyway, my sister and I took our 3 girls on a girls only trip the following June and that was kind of a joke. We kept saying that (with appropriate changes) to my 7 year old and she would just roll her eyes at us!

i went to wdw in 2000 with my ex (he was my BF at the time). we had a HUGE disagreement down in the pyramid in mexico bc, as per usual, he was being very selfish. lol - which is why he is my ex! anyway, he had me literally in tears and he stormed out and left me there. as i'm walking to the gate of epcot crying my eyes out a woman sees me and says completely shocked "look at her crying - IN DISNEY!!" looking back it is so funny and reminds me of League of their Own with "there's no crying in baseball". so over the xmas holiday this year when i was there with my family and 3 little nieces - i kept saying "there's no ____ in disney" fill in: whining, crying, complaining, fighting with your sister, etc. LOL

My DW & I just returned & heard not 1 but 2 funny comments from a couple. We were in Animal Kingdom standing on one of the bridges looking at Everest. There was a couple walking by & the wife remarked funny comment #1: "Oh look, you can see Blizzard Beach from here!". Very good stuff. Then her husband replied, and I assumed he was going to "correct" her. Well, he did, sorta: "That's not Blizzard Beach. It's the the Swiss Alps".

jfranklyn said:
The funniest thing I ever heard at MK definately came out of my OWN Mouth, unintentionally of course!!

A few weeks ago, we were finishing up a LONG day at MK with my DH, 2 kids, stepson and his wife, and their 5 month old baby.

Everyone else went on Splash Mountain at about 7 p.m. except me - I was left with my ds (2) and my step-grandson, 5 months. My son was being SO good, but the baby was really upset. My son probably sat there for 20 minutes playing with a small bag of trail mix. He was picking out the parts he likes, and putting the rest of the stuff (basically the nuts) in the little cup holders in the tray of his stroller. Then he'd move them from one place to the other, and back again. In the meantime, the baby REALLY started getting upset, and I'm trying to bounce him on my knee, and at the same time, my son decides he's had enough of this and he's getting out of the stroller NOW. So I'm saying "Please, Elliot, get back in the stroller. Come on Elliot, come on over here and sit, please. Come on, you can sit over here and play with your nuts"!!! Well, there was a young guy sitting next to me (with his infant child) who started to snicker (like you snicker in church when you know you shouldn't be snickering). I ALMOST DIED when I realized what I had said, QUITE LOUDLY, in front of too many people!!! I had to keep sitting there and wait another 15 minutes or so until they all came off the ride.... It was awful!

I haven't even made it through this thread yet but THIS. MADE. ME. CRY. Too funny. :rotfl2:

A few years ago I was on the college program. One of my first days there, we had on and off torrential downpours (you know how it is in August) I was working at Golden Age Souvenirs at MGM and all sorts of people were running under the roof to get out of the rain. We're pulling all the racks closer inside so things don't get wet, and get out the squeegee things for the floor to push the water towards the drain but it's raining so hard and it came so fast that we cant keep up with it, so we're moving as quickly as we can to try and keep puddles from forming (or getting too big) A group of people go dashing past through the rain using whatever they have in their hands to cover themselves as my coworker stops squeegeeing, stands up with a big "Disney smile" and yells "Welcome to sunny Orlando Florida"

Everyone standing there started cracking up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter