>> Funniest Overheard Comments Part II <<

Heard people complaining about letting people on with fast passes, and about how all the rich people bought them, and it wasn't fair, and so on.

We were in DL last week. Riding the train, we heard a kid ask his mom if they could stay on for another loop. She said, "I didn't pay $100 for you to ride the train all day." DH and I started saying that about everything in the park that one of us wanted to do and the other didn't.
On IASW, there was a mom with two small children, ages about 4 and 2, in the boat in front of us. She was flicking nasty IASW water on her kids, and then, of course, they had to reach their hands in the water. The 2 y.o. was leaning his whole upper body out of the boat, and I was really afraid he would be crushed against the side. The 4 y.o. was standing up, and the boat got rammed by our boat, which knocked the girl back into her seat. Finally, a CM came and told the mom to watch her kids and not let them reach out of the boat. The mom argued! DH leaned over to me and whispered, "I didn't know it was possible to fail Small World!":sad2:

A coworker just got back from 2 weeks at WDW. And he said that he only had 1 encounter with a Brazilian tour group. He said that when they were waiting for the rope drop, the tour group started singing. One man in the crowd started yelling "U-S-A, U-S-A..." Not to be outdone the tour group started chanting "Brasília viva" (I looked up an online translator to figure out what my coworker really heard). It was at this point that the whole crowd at the rope drop began yelling...

"U-S-A! U-S-A!"

I couldn't help but laugh when he told me.

A coworker just got back from 2 weeks at WDW. And he said that he only had 1 encounter with a Brazilian tour group. He said that when they were waiting for the rope drop, the tour group started singing. One man in the crowd started yelling "U-S-A, U-S-A..." Not to be outdone the tour group started chanting "Brasília viva" (I looked up an online translator to figure out what my coworker really heard). It was at this point that the whole crowd at the rope drop began yelling...

"U-S-A! U-S-A!"

I couldn't help but laugh when he told me.

Damn, sometimes I'm embarrassed to be an American. No wonder other countries think we're obnoxious.

Damn, sometimes I'm embarrassed to be an American. No wonder other countries think we're obnoxious.

Are you serious? :confused3

Have you not seen/encountered the Brazilians at WDW? They think they own the place and will literally push you out of line to stay with their group. They do not believe in standing in line like we do. No excuse me, no please may I stay with my group. They fake not understanding English when you talk to them There is so, so, so much more....

Everybody... all together now... U-S-A, U-S-A!!!

--Paul in Southern NJ

Are you serious? :confused3

Have you not seen/encountered the Brazilians at WDW? They think they own the place and will literally push you out of line to stay with their group. They do not believe in standing in line like we do. No excuse me, no please may I stay with my group. They fake not understanding English when you talk to them There is so, so, so much more....

Everybody... all together now... U-S-A, U-S-A!!!

--Paul in Southern NJ

All the OP said they were doing was singing. But they were Brazillan, so they must be bad people, right? You know the last trip I was on, there was this group from Southern NJ and they were all 'Jersey Shore' with their bad accents and driving like idiots... acting like they owned the place and were better than everyone else.. you know how rude those Jersey people are, don't you? :thumbsup2

All the OP said they were doing was singing. But they were Brazillan, so they must be bad people, right? You know the last trip I was on, there was this group from Southern NJ and they were all 'Jersey Shore' with their bad accents and driving like idiots... acting like they owned the place and were better than everyone else.. you know how rude those Jersey people are, don't you? :thumbsup2

I think you are missing the point.... you can look back over the years.... there is only one South American country that sends tour groups to WDW that gets a bad rap. I didn't create that history, only seen it written for years and also lived through it when there. When your own kids get trampled with no care or concern, or when a tour member lights up their smokes even though they are on a non-smoking area (which is most of WDW, except for the designated smoking areas) and then they hold their smokes so their ashes land our your kids heads, you tell me if there isn't a trend.

The Jersey Shore folks you refer to at least stand in lines, don't smoke in non-smoking areas and are civil, even if they are weird. They may be loud and obnoxious, but they are in the minority... ... and the Jersey Shore folks are from North Jersey... almost a separate state from South Jersey. Totally different crowd, so I can't relate to them.

What happened to "when in Rome, do as the Romans do"? Most try to fit in, others feel they don't need to.

I'm not going to continue this here because this certainly isn't the place. Just look back and check messages over the years.... you'll get a different feeling.

Back to the humor..... please!

---Paul in Southern NJ

Back to the humor..... please!

---Paul in Southern NJ

I'm sorry to cause a stir. I just thought it was funny. Still do, because I had the image of people from other countries joining in on the "U-S-A". But Psimon is right. Back to the funny.

Originally Posted by NEVERENOUGHWDW View Post
While on line last month for ice cream in the MK, I was carrying one of our friends little girls who is Asian and 2 women commented to be heard "why would you want a kid who doesn't look like you?"

Not sure if that was stupid, mean or both

As an adoptive parent of a mixed race child I can honestly say that people don't think before they comment and most of the time they are being prejudiced which, IMHO is both stupid an dmean. I have had two women say "Obviously she was sleeping with a N" and a student of mine say "My mom said that you really don't love her because you didn't give birth to her. It's more like a really long babysitting job" To the first I just walked past and said "I hope you ladies have a really nice day" the second I went and found the mother and had a very long conversation with her, then kicked them both out of my class.

Originally Posted by NEVERENOUGHWDW View Post
While on line last month for ice cream in the MK, I was carrying one of our friends little girls who is Asian and 2 women commented to be heard "why would you want a kid who doesn't look like you?"

Not sure if that was stupid, mean or both

As an adoptive parent of a mixed race child I can honestly say that people don't think before they comment and most of the time they are being prejudiced which, IMHO is both stupid an dmean. I have had two women say "Obviously she was sleeping with a N" and a student of mine say "My mom said that you really don't love her because you didn't give birth to her. It's more like a really long babysitting job" To the first I just walked past and said "I hope you ladies have a really nice day" the second I went and found the mother and had a very long conversation with her, then kicked them both out of my class.

The meanie in me would want to say, "If I looked like you, there's no way in heck I would want a kid who looked like me."

Sorry you have to deal with this cruelty.

The meanie in me would want to say, "If I looked like you, there's no way in heck I would want a kid who looked like me."

Sorry you have to deal with this cruelty.

My absolute favorite comeback when I hear idiotic things is. "Tell me, were you born that stupid or have you been in training, cause you are really good at it.

A man next to me, about Mickey at the end of Fantasmic!:

"First he's up there, and then, suddenly he's down there! How does he do it?! I don't get it!"

Hahahaha!!

Last time I was at WDW, my family overheard a small group talking about their plans for the rest of the day... one lady says "while you finish eating, we're going to go ride Splash Mountain, and we'll wait for you outside of the ride. And if we're not there, we'll be somewhere else." and the rest of their group just nods like this makes perfect sense. :lmao:

Just back. Heard a LOT of really good ones. But the best was on the monorail from the Polynesian to Magic Kingdom:

Mom and Grandma pointing things out to small child.

"Look, there's Magic Kingdom and the the Castle."

Child: "There's two Castles!" (The second being Space Mountain)

Mom: (While pointing at Space Mountain) "No, that is Epcot where we will visit countries."

Overheard at AKL pool, cocky guy talking to his group of people: Since we're paying so much to stay concierge, they will make us a reservation to eat breakfast in the castle tomorrow.

Not sure if they heard me snort.

On a bus during Love Bug Season:

Very young child pointing at two Love Bugs doing what Love Bugs do: "Mommy! what are they doing?"

Mommy: "......uh....they're hugging!"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter